Will PS3 trophies become unobtainable?

Velocity_Eleven

But to clarify: You don't lose any trophies you earned, if that's what you're thinking, you just won't be able to sync anymore from your PS3; If / when this happens. 

Yea that would make sense, thanks for clarifying. Although it is kind of an obvious thing really...I feel kind of stupid now hah.

Edited by DarkHpokinsn

In anticipation of that sad day, I am trying to finish (100%) one PS3 game for each new PS4 game I buy - and im loving it!

Its made me go back and play some stuff I never thought id finish, and have a great time with some of it - I want to play Far Cry 4, so I made myself go back and 100% Arkham City, I wanted to a play Shadow of Morder so I finished Resident Evil 5 - doing that reall reminds you gow good some games you had almost forgotten about can be!

• Like 2

If PSN goes offline, are all PSN transactions lost?

You can still purchase and download digital titles on the Wii despite it losing all multiplayer functionality, so probably not.

I doubt we'll ever get to the point where it's no longer worth the money for Sony to keep the PS3 store and trophy system online. I'm not sure how it all works but I wouldn't be surprised if that stuff is linked to the current and future consoles anyway.

Sony seem to support their consoles for a very long time, so we're probably not in any danger of it disappearing for at least 10 years, if ever as long as Sony are around.

What is worrying, though, is the individual multiplayer servers, which I believe are all run by the developers and publishers of their respective games. We'll probably start to see a lot more of those closing down in the near future.

Edited by Shadiochao

Yes, sooner or later PSN for PS3 will be offline. But it will be at least another 5-10 years.

Basically this. Ten years might be a little optimistic, though. Regardless, there are a lot of games with unobtainable trophies as a result of online features; one of the reasons I do not like online trophies.

• Like 3

and wouldn't that make getting trophies impossible to sync up

Holy hell, I'd never thought of that actually. I'd obviously already figured one day the PSN for PS3 would be killed off, but it never occurred to me that hypothetically I could earn a trophy offline and then never be able to sync it. I hope the Terminator apocalypse happens before that, because I don't want to live in a world without the ability to grow my e-peen.

In anticipation of that sad day, I am trying to finish (100%) one PS3 game for each new PS4 game I buy - and im loving it!

Its made me go back and play some stuff I never thought id finish, and have a great time with some of it - I want to play Far Cry 4, so I made myself go back and 100% Arkham City, I wanted to a play Shadow of Morder so I finished Resident Evil 5 - doing that reall reminds you gow good some games you had almost forgotten about can be!

Haha, i do the same thing kinda :P, if not 100% i try at least to finish a ps3 game for every ps4 game i start. And i've had some cool gaming experiences by doing this, playing games that have been in my backlog forever... well worth the effort! And shows the ps3 still has alot of fun to offer!
  • Like 1