Guilty Pleasures

Spudgun20

Allow me to revive and possibly kill this thread at the same time...

I don't like many songs...maybe 5-10...but it's enough to have massive hatred thrown my way.

(also I suppose I don't have any guilt about it. I actually like that it pisses people off. :awesome: )

My "guilty pleasure" would have to be,

Nickelback.

I actually like some of their music....... :/
  • Like 1

I don't like many songs...maybe 5-10...but it's enough to have massive hatred thrown my way.

(also I suppose I don't have any guilt about it. I actually like that it pisses people off. :awesome: )

Nickelback.

There is nothing wrong with them, they're awesome especially in concert.
  • Like 1

Nickelback.

Great live band!!!

I am a bit confused with some choices here. I mean watching game of Thrones or Breaking Bad - 2 of the best TV shows to ever grace us is not really a guilty pleasure. For me it has to be embarrassing!!

I guess if I had to put something out there, not particularly a guilty pleasure but something I love that is not ordinary would be Serial Killers!! I am obsessed with reading about them, the who, the why about the whole thing keeps me intrigued! Latest read is Helter Skelter about the Manson Family. Great book!!

Honestly, I feel like the concept of guilty pleasure shouldn't exist. Just because most people don't like something doesn't make it "illegal" for you to like it. There are all sorts of people and all sorts of personal tastes.

That said, I do like some things that I wouldn't exactly be proud to say I like, like for instance, To Love-Ru.

I love the characters but I still don't really like admitting I like a naughty anime, it kind of goes against the image I want to have of myself. But oh well, I like it and that's that.

Ladies and gentlemen, we have weeaboo in 3..2...1.. LIFT-OFF! Congratulations! You are now douchebag for hating on the language you speak!

God forbid he just prefers the Japanese voices and way of acting.

I also exclusively listen to anime in Japanese, doesn't mean I hate my native language (Portuguese). I went to a Humanities college, studied tons of languages and know more about Portuguese than 97% of the people I know. Heck, I have a master's in translation. But that doesn't mean I now have to be forced to listen to the craptastic work that are some Portuguese dubs. Some (mainly movie dubs) are actually pretty good, and the dubbing quality for TV shows has been getting better and better lately, but anime still keeps getting the short end of the stick, with a very low number of different voice actors (about 7 per show), terrible voices and just pure lack of good acting.

Even when the dubs are good, that doesn't mean you can't prefer listening to the original. There's always something lost when translating stuff and no matter how good some dubs are, they rarely have the same amount of effort as original productions (there are exceptions, though).

Great live band!!!

I am a bit confused with some choices here. I mean watching game of Thrones or Breaking Bad - 2 of the best TV shows to ever grace us is not really a guilty pleasure. For me it has to be embarrassing!!

I guess if I had to put something out there, not particularly a guilty pleasure but something I love that is not ordinary would be Serial Killers!! I am obsessed with reading about them, the who, the why about the whole thing keeps me intrigued! Latest read is Helter Skelter about the Manson Family. Great book!!

Togami.jpg

Keeping an eye on you from now on :P jk

• Like 2

6-1280x800.jpg

I grew up watching this show, and I still watch this show. I honestly think this is the only digital thing I have saved on my computer that I consistently make sure that I have backed-up and saved on my external drive every time I transfer from computer to computer. Every now and then while I'm eating dinner, I'll pull up a random episode to watch :3

Nothing, really. 
If I don't feel like listening/watching/playing x thing I simply don't do it. 
I love when people judge me about something like that because that only makes me feel cooler (I graduated already but my school is full of hate, irrational hate, which I consider abruptly ignorant). 

But here, have this game I quite enjoy (I have no idea how to embed, but hell with it) https://youtu.be/XJp-Ks-ON1Q

That must be it :3 I saw her live with Alice Cooper this summer. It was the best gig I've ever seen. Cant wait to see them again with Motley Crue in November!

I am yet to see her live but I will be there seeing the Crue!! I am so excited for that night, I was itching and scratching waiting for the announcement!!

God forbid he just prefers the Japanese voices and way of acting.

Ok, first of all, this post is 4 months old. Quit stalking. 2nd, He literally came added out of the way that he can't stand the english, rather than his guilty pleasure. You have no right to try to shoot me down on this fourm. I'd also like to add Shimoneta as a guilty pleasure.

ABBA - Got listened to a lot when I was growing up.

Aqua - Same as ABBA, some of the songs are super catchy and I always tell people I'd rather dance to these songs than what is normally played at parties these days.

The Darkness - Don't really know how other people think of these guys but the music is pretty good even though they're in spandex suits and the singer has a high pitched voice.

Steel Panther - Just recently started listening to their first album, the songs are pretty catchy but I'd look insane if I sung them in public.

Guitar Hero/Rockband games - Don't see many people on them anymore, I never lost the desire to play them though. Glad they're making a comeback.

ABBA - Got listened to a lot when I was growing up.

Aqua - Same as ABBA, some of the songs are super catchy and I always tell people I'd rather dance to these songs than what is normally played at parties these days.

The Darkness - Don't really know how other people think of these guys but the music is pretty good even though they're in spandex suits and the singer has a high pitched voice.

Steel Panther - Just recently started listening to their first album, the songs are pretty catchy but I'd look insane if I sung them in public.

Guitar Hero/Rockband games - Don't see many people on them anymore, I never lost the desire to play them though. Glad they're making a comeback.

These games are the only reason I curse the fact I got my PS3 so late.

These games were a tremendous joy for me back in high school on the PS2 and even though the PS3 games are cheap as hell and can be found at Gamestop the guitar itself is near impossible to find without having to pay a flippin fortune for it. (used or not)

While I don't think I'll try out the new GH because the new controller throws me off...I definitely am thinking about Rock Band 4 next year.

These games are the only reason I curse the fact I got my PS3 so late.

These games were a tremendous joy for me back in high school on the PS2 and even though the PS3 games are cheap as hell and can be found at Gamestop the guitar itself is near impossible to find without having to pay a flippin fortune for it. (used or not)

While I don't think I'll try out the new GH because the new controller throws me off...I definitely am thinking about Rock Band 4 next year.

I'm still weighing up which one I want to buy out of the two when they first come out. Obviously Rockband 4 will have everything the fans know and love but on next gen - although I heard the price tag will be very steep for a full kit. Whereas Guitar Hero might end up being cheaper (Plus the setlist has some pretty cool songs on it I want to try out) although the new Guitar layout is a bit of a put off currently.

I'm still weighing up which one I want to buy out of the two when they first come out. Obviously Rockband 4 will have everything the fans know and love but on next gen - although I heard the price tag will be very steep for a full kit. Whereas Guitar Hero might end up being cheaper (Plus the setlist has some pretty cool songs on it I want to try out) although the new Guitar layout is a bit of a put off currently.

I'm only interested in the guitar part so the prices are around the same area I believe.

I wonder if the Rock Band 4 controller will be usable on the PS3 like the DS4 can be used on a previous gen system.

If it does...I'm buying any rock band game I can for the ps3.  :devil: