Guilty Pleasures

Spudgun20

Doesn't matter if it's a TV show, movie or game, what's your guilty pleasure in life? Did you buy Terminator Salvation for more than just an easy trophy haul? Are you crying because Joey and Melissa has been cancelled? Or do you feel Ariana Grande's career peaked on Nickelodeon when she sounded like a guy after taking a hockey puck to the groin?

I've a few, I enjoyed the free-roaming Harry Potter games, not sure why because they were far too easy but I still liked them. TV shows peaked in the early 90's though with The Crystal Maze, finished in 1995 and I'll still watch repeats if I happen across them. Everything since then just lacks effort and imagination, and has far too much Simon Cowell.

crystal-maze-epic-fail-o.gif

For me, it's bad games based on already existing IP's. So a game based off of a movie or television show or something. Platinumed Brave, Rise of the Guardians, and Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2. I also have Doctor Who: The Eternity Clock and How To Train Your Dragon 2 on my backlog. Of the three I platinumed, I wouldn't say any of them were bad games, but they weren't anything special. Still, they were fun to play :P

Hey, there's nothing wrong with the free roaming Harry Potter games or The Crystal Maze :P I like both of them.

My guilty pleasure? :hmm: I own every episode of Sarah Jane Smith Adventures (excluding Series 5) and still watch them :blush:

Sarah_Jane_Adventures_cast.jpg

Edited by madbuk

Mine would probably be Bleach.

Bleach.png

Now one could easily argue that this doesn't even qualify for a Guilty Pleasure since it has a massive fanbase and is generally well received, but it also has all the stuff i personally loathe in anime.

Drawn out plotlines, pointless sidebattles, more filler than you can shake a stick at, generic characters etc.

Yet there's something that draws to me to it, can't quite put my finger on it, maybe the cool art design, maybe something about the presentation or soundtrack.

That and MLG montage parodies.

Edited by HappyKastanie
  • Like 1

I don't feel guilty about any of my pleasures.

I like Taylor Swifts singles out right now.

I think Gilmore Girls is one of my top 3 show of all time and own all seven seasons on DVD and have watched them more than once. (Also, Paris is my favorite character.)

I play Warhammer 40k and own TWO armies.

No reason to feel guilty about stuff you like.

• Like 2

80s Pop music

As someone who was a teen in the 90's, growing up I flat out despised 80's pop music when I was younger because of all the great music that came from my teen years. Now fast forward to now, pop music now imo is such garbage. It all sounds like auto-tuned, half assed techno/dance music to me. I'd love to trade, nothing like some Journey, Billy Idol or Huey Lewis & The News to show how hardcore you are :lol:

• Like 3

For me, it's always been the Resident Evil movies... I enjoyed the first one (and to it's credit, I think it was actually pretty good) but every single RE movie after that was a total disappointment. And yet, I still anxiously wait to see the next installment of Milla Jovovich being a total bad-ass throughout a very cobbled-together plot of a bad (and badly done) movie with over-done special effects. Yet, despite my opinion of their overwhelmingly poor qualities, I insist on buying the blu-ray (or, in the case of the last 2 movies in the series, the 3D blu-ray) when they're released. I'm not even a big fan of Resident Evil games, so this impulse of mine kind of actually perplexes me.  :giggle:

ABBA - I don't know what it is but listening to songs like Dancing Queen make me immensely happy.

War and military movies/TV series - I'm a female, so if I tell my friends that I like watching war themed movies etc. they look at me like I'm crazy. I don't know why but I find war history and "the military world" in general interesting. Mostly probably because it's something I'll never have to experience which makes it an unknown world to me.

Teen Wolf TV series - The series is not even that good and I don't want to like it but I'm still watching it and enjoying it. I just don't know why.

Pokemon - I kind of feel that I should grow out of the franchise but dammit, I just can't let go. I still know the names of, pretty much, every single Pokemon out there and when I got to visit a Pokemon Center in Tokyo last May, I was probably happier than all the kids in there.

• Like 2

What? Melissa and Joey got cancelled?! I have been waiting for the next season to come to the UK. *ahem*, not that I care...

Otherwise I'm guilty of watching Ghost Whisperer over and over. I can not seem to stop watching JLH in this cheesy plot with her cry proof mascara. 

Another would be that I just recently purchased Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: The Movie (1995) on DVD. Nostalgia!

I'm kinda that way. I think my only guilty pleasure ever was watching The OC somewhat regularly back when it aired. These days, I don't feel guilty about anything that might be considered as such (if you can say that, since guilty pleasures are subjective). I'll proudly admit to anything I enjoy (not the best wording, but I was avoiding using "guilty pleasure")

• 1 month later...