Why is the new patch getting SOOO much hate!?

DanielVT

I logged onto Battlelog yesterday, and I was shocked to see almost 946 pages of people raging and bitching about how terrible DICE is and how they are never buying another EA game blah blah blah :blah: . Everyone did nothing but complain about suppression, recoil, tanks etc. I personally think the patch is wonderful. Death icons are clear and fresh looking, the quit button is wonderful, weapons seem more accurate, parachutes are actually controllable, and the mini-map looks great etc. What is the issue here? Is it just noobs and trolls complaining? I have no problem and think the patch is wonderful. Am I the only one? :hmm:

• Like 1

hmm... lots of xbox fanboys complain because ps3 gets the patch 1 week early. i actually linked Deth to a website full of xbox people raging at the patch being available for ps3 first, so that may be why they are hating.

another reason i can think of is that you have to re-install back to karkand, you cant simply jump online and play B2K maps unless you reinstal them.

hmm... lots of xbox fanboys complain because ps3 gets the patch 1 week early. i actually linked Deth to a website full of xbox people raging at the patch being available for ps3 first, so that may be why they are hating.

another reason i can think of is that you have to re-install back to karkand, you cant simply jump online and play B2K maps unless you reinstal them.

Fortunately I redownloaded the patch immediately after I found out that they fixed the gun glitch. :D

The only people complaining are people who have never played Battlefield:Anything before.

This is how the game should have been from Launch.

I agree with you as well. The game to me seems soo much better (and it was awesome already) after the patch. I really don't get all the BS. People were like "BF3 rules, MW3 sucks", and now they are like "I'm never touching EA/DICE games again and I'm switching to MW3!" It's fickle and hypocritical, fortunately I love both series and installments equally!!! :D

i just DL'd this yesterday, but seeing as while i let it install i went and picked up DMC Collection, i havent touched it yet...i probably will over Spring Break next week though, but from what i've heard, it sounds like the anti-noob patch...might explain it

....i mean cmon, they nerfed USAS-12.........thats like if MW2 did a major nerf on the nub tube, the noob players WILL BITCH

• Like 1

i just DL'd this yesterday, but seeing as while i let it install i went and picked up DMC Collection, i havent touched it yet...i probably will over Spring Break next week though, but from what i've heard, it sounds like the anti-noob patch...might explain it

....i mean cmon, they nerfed USAS-12.........thats like if MW2 did a major nerf on the nub tube, the noob players WILL BITCH

I think you nailed it! :D I totally agree that it seems to be an anti-noob patch. The USAS-12 pissed me off because EVERYONE used it! I never did, but I was always killed by it. I guess the overwhelming majority of people that play BF3 and MW3 are noobs? I just hope DICE keeps this patch and does not cater to the raging noobs!

What are you, new???? People bitch and complain about EVERYTHING these days. :P Pretty sure every game that has released in the past year has had an army of "activist gamers" raging about something on a forum(s).

I agree, I think that everyone seems to be raging because they are the loser noobs NOT playing the game and getting skilled, and the people that love the games and have skill are actually PLAYING the games! :D

Could also be a shitload of n00bnuggets crying over the U Suck At Shooting 12? I haven't touched BF3 in awhile but I heard some pissing and moaning about how the gun is not as "good" anymore :D It's only a matter of time until the parasites start putting frag on the MK3A1 though... They should have just taken frag out all together. If you use frag, you taste my knife. Plain and simple.

• Like 1

Most people (including myself) are complaining about the servers. Since the update the game automatically puts you into user operated servers, and quite frankly, its completely fucked the quick match function up. To get into a match on one of the official servers you have to use the server browser, which is really boring to use, especially when you just want to get into a game.

Apparently there have been some issues with the PC version since the update too.

Edit: See post below.

Well, it IS a real life weapon after all. lol BF3 has to have and use as many real weapons and ammo types as possible.

They should have replaced the U Suck At Shooting with something more badass like a SPAS.

• Like 1

They should have replaced the U Suck At Shooting with something more badass like a SPAS.

The SPAS would probably be even more overpowered.....at least going by how powerful it is in the Modern Warfare series. lol

Well, it IS a real life weapon after all. lol BF3 has to have and use as many real weapons and ammo types as possible.

You can't try and compare "real life weapons" in a game that allows respawning after being killed. If you want realism, once you are killed, you would stay that way for the rest of the match.

• Like 1

You can't try and compare "real life weapons" in a game that allows respawning after being killed. If you want realism, once you are killed, you would stay that way for the rest of the match.

Well.....it's close to realistic, but there are some obvious touches that make it obviously a video game :D .

SOCOM Confrontation has a mode that I think is called 'Extermination' where once you're dead, you're dead. Too bad the game was third person though. Shitloads of people hid since nobody wanted to die too! :D It was a nice thrill and kept the blood pumping. I would cautiously stalk around and peep around corners with that cheap third person camera trick :ninja:

The SPAS would probably be even more overpowered.....at least going by how powerful it is in the Modern Warfare series. lol

Nah! The SPAS is a semiauto like the M1014. I just think it would be nice to have since it's a sexy icon. I remember people dualwielding Rangers and Model 1887's. Not as annoying as USAS or MK3A1 with Frag, but still pretty annoying.

It seems anything developers do nowadays to make the game more balanced and fair enrages a ton of players who were using those exploits to earn a cheap advantage. I for one am extremely happy with the patch notes (haven't actually had a chance to play it yet) and judging by all the bitching, I'm sure I'll really enjoy it. Some people just can't accept change, and others can't accept the fact that the only reason they have a good k/d ratio was because most of us didn't want to look like massive douche bags and use the USAS and Frag rounds. Hell, that was half the reason I stopped playing the game.

Maybe this would be a good game for the second PSNP Play Night, I'd love to team up with Wade again and blow up some M-Coms. B)

Parker

• Like 1

It seems anything developers do nowadays to make the game more balanced and fair enrages a ton of players who were using those exploits to earn a cheap advantage. I for one am extremely happy with the patch notes (haven't actually had a chance to play it yet) and judging by all the bitching, I'm sure I'll really enjoy it. Some people just can't accept change, and others can't accept the fact that the only reason they have a good k/d ratio was because most of us didn't want to look like massive douche bags and use the USAS and Frag rounds. Hell, that was half the reason I stopped playing the game.

Maybe this would be a good game for the second PSNP Play Night, I'd love to team up with Wade again and blow up some M-Coms. B)

Parker

You are right, the patch is wonderful for skilled players like you and me, but all the noobs and punks who think they are so awesome using $hitty guns are super upset at the anti-nube patch. Life sucks for them lol!

• 2 weeks later...