The Metalhead Thread

BeautifulTorment

Whoa a lot of hate towards anything that has core influences lol

Though I can see why, there's plenty of generic and god awful core bands, same could be said for all forms of metal or any genre of music for that matter

I can appreciate and like all kinds of metal, older Death Metal and Thrash, to newer BDM/Slam to Metalcore and Deathcore, just depends on my mood

There's nothing wrong with hardcore influences in metal music. Mainstream metal just ain't giving me anything new at the moment. Just think about the world's biggest metal bands nowadays, what happens when Iron Maiden, Metallica, Megadeth, Anthrax, Slayer etc quit? Since the 50's rock music has always evolved somehow and I can't see that in nowadays rock/metal music.

Even black metal is evolving all the time, dor example hardcore punk, thrash metal and death metal are the same to me as they were in the 80's and early 90's.

• Like 1

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3

Never expected to find a Metal post in PSNProfiles! Metalcore!

Tell me what you guys think of this:

Parkway Drive (Hear them since 2010 and they are awesome)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7lpftvYDMA

For The Fallen Dreams

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GIsuywbY130

Breakdown of Sanity 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TpB9gH6YoIE

These Bands are my favourites!  :pimp:   \\m//

I have heard them before. Now, I am going to be honest, I do think they are pretty good for the genre they play, but I myself never saw the appeal of pure vocal content such as that. It is why I mostly stick to MMDM. However, I can tolerate it in a few old MDM bands, such as Vomiturition, other than that, it is not really something I would listen to other than to use as background noise. Perhaps it is one of those things that will just grow on me after listening to it enough? I had that with a few bands.

Hi! \m/

-DevilDriver: i've been sober

-Instrumental Melodic metal (New group simply so amazing to listening :))

Aephanemer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHaxVZycf68

I like it. Especially the intro points, after the guitar comes in, I could not help but feel spurred to sit through the whole song. It's beautiful, to say the least. I could definitely imagine myself using this as music for a video game boss while I'm playing.

Edited by Nepgear2
  • Like 1

Hi there!

I'm also metal-addicted guy. I've started with Anathema, Within Temptation and Lacuna Coil in 2005, continued with doom bands like Shape of Despair, Draconian, Mourning Beloveth, and the last metal point for me is Sweden death metal (do I really need to name these bands? :) ).

Now I prefer music like post-rock, post-hardcore, metalcore, post-metal (right now i'm listening awesome Rinoa from UK, if you like post-metal, you MUST listen them), but classic metal is my "childhood" and I listen all the new releases of my favorite metal bands.

I'm also amateur photographer so previously I visited as much as possible concerts as a journalist, I've seen many famous bands... Now I moved to another country and without a car I have no opportunity to continue =(

Hello.

I'm looking for friends to add on PSN, to play games with and appreciate metal music.

I'm 29 male, I played guitar since I was a kid and always loved punk and metal.

I'm older now and have a family but still hope to one day form a band and write music as a hobby.

Anyway, if you play resident evil, metal gear, tekken, mortal kombat, street fighter etc, send a friend request saying your a metal head and I'll except.

Peace out dudes

Easily one of my all-time favourite metal bands, Slipknot, with my favourite songs, Snuff & Before I Forget

Slipknot - Snuff

Slipknot - Before I Forget

These guys are great live and also with their music I love them, seen them 3 times live and plan to see them again soon, better yet there from my country so when they come here it's a great vibe. Give them a listen if you don't like this song give there others a try, top band.

They are classed as Metalcore.

The Amity Affliction - Don't Lean On Me

• Like 3