The Metalhead Thread

BeautifulTorment

Depends on black metal. I've grown tired of most second wave BM and modern day BM inspired by the second wave. I've got a question for Motörhead listeners: Which one do you prefer - On Parole or Motörhead? On Parole was recorded in 1975 but not released until 1979 while Motörhead (1977) was mostly re-recorded versions of the same songs. So the original versions or the re-recorded versions with the classic lineup with Taylor on drums and Clarke on guitar? This has always been a tough choice for me.

• Like 1

I love black metal, some don't, but if you like it then post it anyway. lol

Ok. :P

Depends on black metal. I've grown tired of most second wave BM and modern day BM inspired by the second wave.

Most of later second wave and what is based on it isn't as .. original or ... inspired??? I don't know what word I'm looking for here...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So I've noticed you guys are more into heavier metal than me, I prefer more power metal than anything. Recently went to see Blind Guardian in London with Orphaned Land supporting. Both bands were brilliant!

My top bands at the moment has to be:

Avantasia

Edguy

Helloween

69 Eyes

Volbeat

I listen to a lot of metal, but I also appreciate many different genres such as 80's pop, rock, etc.

Edited by SadOnions
Reason for edit: Took out some of the humor as looking back at it, a lot of it was lost in translation.
  • Like 1

'Ello! I'm a big metal fan, been since I was little.

I'm into most genres of metal and some of rock.

I've been recently getting into black metal.

Some bands I like: Lamb of god, mayhem, avenged sevenfold, iron maiden, bruce dickinson, black sabbath, ozzy, marilyn manson, behemoth, sabaton, rammstein, pantera, sonata arctica, hammerfall, megadeth, metallica, SOAD, etc.

The list goes on forever. Lmao!

@-@

Hell yeah, another Mayhem fan. They got me into black metal when I first heard De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas.

Been listening to Sickrites. Heavy growl warning for you non-growl folk, haha.

Moloch Ortu (LYRIC VIDEO):

SICK RITES - Thy Will Is Violence:

Edited by -Dark Mark-
  • Like 2

When I was getting my Slipknot poster signed at a show in January it came with a cardboard cover thing to protect it, tidying up my room today and I was going to throw it out, mum had a look in it to make sure it was empty and found a pick, I didn't even realise since January that I had this, I remember trying to catch it and came close, didn't realise it fell in with my poster, can't believe it, Heads pick from Korn, not a bad day at all. I know Korn isn't considering 'real' metal by many but whatever, sounds good to me, and the chances of this happening is crazy, thought it would be a cool little story to share lol

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well when it comes to Heavy Metal these days its not the same as it was when I first listened to it in the early 80s, but a few years ago or maybe it was more...idk...anywho while I was hooked on Myspace (For  those who may not know what that is, it was a Social Media site before Facebook B)) I found countless Indie Bands who had amazing sounds when it came to Hard Rock or Heavy Metal but this one band grabbed my attention and I have been a huge fan since...

Who am I talking about, none other then "In This Moment" this group has that classic sound and Maria has a voice of a Metal Queen (No not Lee Aaron) lol

I would insert a video but im still New to this whole PSN Profile Forum site so if you haven't heard of them YouTube them.