The Metalhead Thread

BeautifulTorment

At a first glance it looks like not many of you guys like "core" metal. There's nothing wrong with it and I find it quite hilarious how "true" metal fans hate on it. I mean the fact the most metal bands feel the need to put themselves out as intimidating and dark is a really stupid cliche. Hence why I like The Black Dahlia Murder:

It's kinda how people hate on this band (Emmure) because it's simple and just breakdown after breakdown. Sure it is exactly that, but music is supposed to be about the feeling you get from it not how complicated it is or how hardcore, that's people overcomplicating things and being elitist c**ts. Just my two cents anyway :)

Edited by Spudchip
  • Like 1

I'm probably not going to post a lot of new things, probably just old stuff I haven't listened to in a long time. Starting out a bit darker and heavier! :)

Oh, damn the last reminded me about how much I enjoyed listening to that album. :P

• Like 2

One of my all time favourite metal bands are Five Finger Death Punch, there so good at what they do.

They really make you feel what they are trying to speak, for instance watch the Wrong Side Of Heaven clip, very very powerful stuff.

If you have never heard them I recommend you give them a listen or at least the three songs I've posted.

anyone else here a fan?

Five Finger Death Punch - Remember Everything

Five Finger Death Punch - Wrong Side Of Heaven

Five Finger Death Punch - House Of The Rising Sun

Edited by JinCombo
  • Like 1

Does anyone know some good bands with female singers?

My favorites are The Agonist (but as for me, their new girl is not so good as Alissa was) and Walls of Jericho. Both of them are metalcore.

If you prefer something more classic, you could try death guys Arch Enemy, I'm pretty sure you already heard 'bout them. Draconian is also awesome doom band with duet of strong male growl and nice female clean voice.

With clean vocals I could suggest Lacuna Coil (all CDs before Karmacode, including), Within Temptation (except last 2 CDs). The Gathering rocks. L'Ame Immortelle, if you like electronic-related metal.

anyone else here a fan?

I've seen them live few years ago :) Like them, but not everything. Emotive songs like Remember Everything, Coming Down are beautiful, but their early music is not too good.

The best italian band, as for me.

Edited by mokrinsky