What would happen if trophies weren't as exposable?

Xxleonardo97xX

Trophy hunters and networks  

80 members have voted

1. 1. Would you still be a trophy hunter if there was no PSN?

• Yes, I always achieve 100% in every game I play, either trophy supported or not.
    • No, I only 100% some games because I can show it on my PSN profile.
    • Yes, I'd continue seeking for 100% but only games I love playing.
    • No, I don't care about trophies in or out of the game.

I love that notification sound :)  I have not bothered to 100% some games because of the grind, unless the grind itself is enjoyable.  It does drive me nuts a bit though because I'm always think about the things I have not finished.  Don't see it changing much under your theoretical circumstance.

• 8 months later...

Ok so I noticed this is solely about in game trophies, not non-existent acheivements in games for doing things in game such as doing arcade mode with every character and other grindy things for literally no existent reward that isnt bragging rights. Had to make sure I was looking at this from the right perspective!

(I'll be honest, cough cough). No I wouldn't... to an extent. There are exceptions. For games and series I love such as Jak, inFAMOUS, Dying Light, etc, I would aim to do everything.. usually. But with certain in game trophies being like get everyone to max level (rpg/fighters), beat story mode on all difficulties (excluding games I love), do story mode with all characters, beat the entire game without dying, have a (forced) playtime of 90hrs or whatever large amount of hours (for non rpg games btw............. yeah), fight hundreds of battles and get an S in all of them (not when its that many battles, sorry), get all online titles (Dragon Ball, Naruto, Street Fighter, etc), play 30 matches in duel mode, win a match with every character in the game... find all collectibles.... kill this many enemies with all weapons, etc, etc, etc.... all even for the games I do love.... I simply wouldnt do those. Those are chores whether you love the game or not.

Straightforward in game trophies such as getting an S on all levels in a Sonic, beating story mode in a game, beating game on all difficulties, doing all quest in an open world game, etc, Ill do for any game I simply enjoy.. I dont even have to love it. But im not going out of my way to force myself to beat an entire game without dying (unless im either bored to death and bored of my other games, or looking to test myself, my skills.. challenging myself), maxing out all levels of characters in a game with 50+, finding all collectibles in specific games such as COD (I know way too well others wouldnt do this either for simple in game trophies/completion) where they're useless and dont add interest to the lore or story of the universe unlike with Dead Space and Bioshock, getting to max level in online shooters such as Killzone, Battlefield, Crysis, etc - Ill do that via my enjoyment and SELF PASTE time while playing MP, but im not staying up late or forcing myself beyond boredum to get the trophy for it. Id be getting it incidentally while enjoying the mp on my time, not giving it my all to get that trophy till I get it - etc.

There are boundaries, even for games I do love - some task are simply too excessive, period -, and exceptions. So Ill do mostly any straightforward task in game for games I enjoy. Games I dont enjoy? Wont happen. Only would for online profile trophies. Super grindy and obnoxious in game trophies? Not doing it for any game (I think). However, I dont consider getting the highest rank on all stages in (specific type of) games and doing all side quest in openworld (not the same as RPG) games too be excessive or grindy enough to be placed with other super grindy achievements.

I try my best to go for 100% in everything I play/games I love, despite some of the stuff the game asks you to do for trophies.. like grinding and the like.

But I love this website for over the year I've been on it, the stats are awesome and I do like showcasing some of my hard earned platinums/trophies out there. Especially if that game is a hard ultra rare or the like. =)

Edited by Cielle

I'd pretty much do what I've always done. Always liked playing all my games to their fullest and unlocking everything there was to unlock, trophies or no trophies (unless it's just unreasonably and insanely hard). When trophies came along, they were just one more thing to unlock, simple as that (though they also function as a checklist, something I've always loved).

Basically, I hunt trophies for myself and myself alone (though it is pretty neat being able to flaunt your rarest ones :blush: ).

On the plus side, no PSN, no more online achievements oops! trophies!  I'm sorry!   ;)

Ah... that'd be the day...

Edited by jrdemr