Rugby World Cup 2015

SkyesUnholy

Predictions/Hopefulness  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Which nation do you think will be crowned champion?

• Australia
    • England
    • Wales
    • Fiji
    • Uruguay
    • South Africa
    • Samoa
    • Scotland
    • Japan
    • USA
    • New Zealand
    • Argentina
    • Tonga
    • Georgia
    • Namibia
    • France
    • Ireland
    • Italy
    • Canada
    • Romania
  2. 2. Which nation(s) are you supporting?

• Australia
    • England
    • Wales
    • Fiji
    • Uruguay
    • South Africa
    • Samoa
    • Scotland
    • Japan
    • USA
    • New Zealand
    • Argentina
    • Tonga
    • Georgia
    • Namibia
    • France
    • Ireland
    • Italy
    • Canada
    • Romania

I'm so happy my nation Wales beat England tonight. I expected nothing but an England win and i'm totally shocked but happy at the same time. Very proud Welshman :) I'm very concerned about all of the injuries we now have though.

England now have to beat Australia or they're out of their own World Cup which would be a huge upset.

I'm so happy my nation Wales beat England tonight. I expected nothing but an England win and i'm totally shocked but happy at the same time. Very proud Welshman :) I'm very concerned about all of the injuries we now have though.

England now have to beat Australia or they're out of their own World Cup which would be a huge upset.

It sure was a bloody top effort but yes injuries are a concern, it's not just a case of England beating Aussie, Wales do still need to beat Fiji and they only have 4 days to prepare

It sure was a bloody top effort but yes injuries are a concern, it's not just a case of England beating Aussie, Wales do still need to beat Fiji and they only have 4 days to prepare

A 4 day turnaround isn't ideal at all, especially with all these injuries. Plus I still have nightmares of Fiji eliminating us at the 2007 World Cup. I'm not convinced we'll qualify from the pool at all to be honest, even if we beat Fiji. If England beat Australia, then I have a feeling we could get a hiding from the Aussies. I think England will bounce back and top the pool with Australia 2nd.

• Like 1

Woot, what a great day yesterday, my Australia win to go through to the next stage and the win knocks out England :D

P.s be fantastic if Japan make it through the group stage

Yeah, it's pretty embarrassing on England's part that they're the first host nations to not make the knock out phase. Australia vs Wales will be good, it'll decide the winners and runner-ups of the pool :D

It really would. I was actually somewhat expecting Samoa to get the win against Japan. I'm hoping all results from the games in their pool work in their favour 

What a game against Scotland, huge win for my Australia :D now on to the semi final against Argentina who i cannot believe beat Ireland 

Argentina are starting to become a force with will only get better, I would not be surprised if they beat Australia (in fact I would like to see that) after that poor performance against Scotland. No Northern Hemisphere team has been strong in this tournament.

France and Ireland hammered the shite out of each other to avoid New Zealand and both were then steamrollered by teams that were able to rest players in the last group matches.

Scotland were desperately unlucky against Australia and unless the Aussies pull the finger out of their arse the Pumas will devour them next week too.

Now NZ and SA should be the something special next week.

Fuck me that was intense.

Now for Argentina to come up with the win

It was intense indeed and I am English. Steve Hanson is like stone! NZ deserved the win though in truth, they were dominant barring a few mistakes in the first half which kept it tight. SA played well and we're excellent in the breakdown. Edited by freddie1989

Watched the game with my father who's South African (me supporting the All Blacks) so there was a pretty tense atmosphere in the room and I'm glad that we were able to get the win.

It was a pretty strong defensive effort by the Springboks, but they didn't ever seem that threatening on attack, and all their points had to come from penalties as a result.

All Blacks vs Australia for the final, a pretty even match tbh considering both teams got victories over each other in the Rugby Championship/Bledisloe Cup and both being the only teams in the World Cup to have won all their matches thus far 

South Africa vs Argentina for 3rd/4th place will be interesting too, both have nothing to lose