Tokyo Xanadu discussion

Nelson_

People who say the Vita has no games is wrong.  It's logically and factually incorrect.

What the vast majority of people mean however when they say that is "The Vita has no games for me".  And that's damn true.  Unless you're a JRPG fan/indie gamer.

Indeed. Its a generalization nobody seems to care about anyway.

When Im reading in different forums here and there... nobody cares when others are doing it. 

I dont know how often I read stuff before like "Nobody needs *specific item*!" "This is garbage!" etc and nobody cared.

(I dont understand why I get blamed when Im doing it... it makes no sense...)

Oh and... Since back then, months ago, where you said a conversation with me is a waste of time (I asked why Vita should "need" AAA) and now, you "noticed" me .. two times?    ... Are you... my senpai?

surprised-rainbow-face.png?w=238&h=240

Nah, seriously, thought I was on your ignorelist. Because you never responded and Im too sarcastic and a timewaste anyway, right? ^_^

... Senpai noticed me!! *cries* <3

And you wonder why people don't bother trying to have proper conversations with you with an attitude like that.    :awesome:

Hmm... :)

Meanwhile Im less caring about that. Cant waste my whole life with trying to be correct for everyone... It would never work anyway. :D

Also... my sentence was obviously not meant serious or whatever... but yeah... whatever. idc

Edited by Neputyunu

A random fact about the game (cuz Falcom didnt care to leak more info about the game, like the voice casts, voice casts and voice casts)

Apparently Tokyo Xanadu placed first in this week's Famitsu Top 10 most anticipated rookie title. Considering what else placed on the list, it was hardly an achievement but grats nevertheless  xD

11169631_925197827544294_484166651016879

oh btw the game initially started at the 10th place. They pretty much climbed the ladder to glory

Edited by Risr1s
  • Like 1

A random fact about the game (cuz Falcom didnt care to leak more info about the game, like the voice casts, voice casts and voice casts)

Apparently Tokyo Xanadu placed first in this week's Famitsu Top 10 most anticipated rookie title. Considering what else placed on the list, it was hardly an achievement but grats nevertheless  xD

oh btw the game initially started at the 10th place. They pretty much climbed the ladder to glory

Too soon yet for more info to get leaked, 5 months left yet for it to get released xD

Can people stop being awful?  I mean it might be difficult, but could we stick on topic. Apparenlty the vita doesn't have games, but sure it has a lot more interst in it than any platform i've ever seen.

Seriously its the only console I've seen people who don't own one or own it and hate it, talk about it non stop. If you're that obsessed with it, it must be doing something right.

The topic is about an interesting looking game coming out on the vita, talk about the game, don't devolve all conversation into a petty arguement.

EDIT: no one take this personally i saw a few posts with the 3ds mentioned as i browsed through, you could've made valid points, but i can't stand topics going in circles.

Edited by Superbuu3
  • Like 4

MC - Yoshitsugu Matsuoka

Asuna Asuka - Tomatsu Haruka

Sora - Amamiya Sora

Yuuki - Yuuki Kaji

Mark my words, it's gonna happen like this.

I'd be seriously disappointed if they're going with the most cliche setup. Star Ocean 5 got an Ishikawa Kaito & Touyama Nao pair which, to my knowledge, has never been done before and I know it'll be awesome nevertheless because both of them are very talented. That alone raised my hype for Star Ocean 5 by three times lol. So thats why I'm expecting a unique pair for Kou and Asuka. Personally, I'd like Uchiyama Kouki to voice Kou but that seems next to impossible because he already voiced Rean in Sen. But if we can't have Kouki, my second bet is Ishikawa Kaito. I mean, how can you not want this guy to voice Kou :V 

36521.jpg

I can list others that I want to be in the game but the post will most undoubtedly turn into an essay if I do xDD

Edited by Risr1s
  • Like 1

I'd be seriously disappointed if they're going with the most cliche setup. Star Ocean 5 got an Ishikawa Kaito & Touyama Nao pair which, to my knowledge, has never been done before and I know it'll be awesome nevertheless because both of them are very talented. That alone raised my hype for Star Ocean 5 by three times lol. So thats why I'm expecting a unique pair for Kou and Asuka. Personally, I'd like Uchiyama Kouki to voice Kou but that seems next to impossible because he already voiced Rean in Sen. But if we can't have Kouki, my second bet is Ishikawa Kaito. I mean, how can you not want this guy to voice Kou :V 

36521.jpg

Kaito's not gonna get another VG role after SO5.

Kouki could be interesting choice...

But considering Matsuoka's popularity, it would be really weird if he didn't get it.

I can list others that I want to be in the game but the post will most undoubtedly turn into an essay if I do xDD

Feel free to do so, but do take consideration for others that may not be so well-versed in seiyuu business xD

• Like 1

She looks awesome and I need a waifu, never had one before. Any news on physical release?

It's obviously gonna have a physical version.

It's common for Japan to release their games in retail more than digital.

And you're obviously asking for localized version? There's not even localization confirmed xD

It's obviously gonna have a physical version.

It's common for Japan to release their games in retail more than digital.

And you're obviously asking for localized version? There's not even localization confirmed xD

Falcom have said they would like to get localised version out within the same quarter as the Japanese release, though not sure if that was referring to the West or rest of Asia. Hopefully since the localisations are outsourced anyway we won't have to wait too long!

• 3 weeks later...

Heard a lot of great things about Memories of Celceta and Falcom overall, so it deserves a watchful eye at least. Even so, I'll definitely read reviews and critics before planning to buy it. Blame that on being reserved with playing most japanese games released on Vita nowadays (with all due respect to anyone that buys them).

On the other hand, I REALLY wish we get Phantasy Star Nova and Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth localized. Heard so many great things about those two. You can even read some reviews praising the former as pure epicness (even more than Freedom Wars in some perspectives) and the latter as the best digimon game ever released.

Back on topic, hopefully this game will be a blast to play for anyone.

Fun fact: when I saw the first poster of this game, I thought it would be a post-apocalyptic "evangelion-esque" RPG.

Okay, so my SAO-like voice cast wasn't correct xD

• Kou Tokisaka – Shintaro Asanuma
  • Asuka Hiiragi – Yu Shimamura
  • Sora Ikushima – Ai Kakuma
  • Yuuki Shinomiya – Daiki Yamashita
  • Mitsuki Hokuto – Haruka Yamakazi
  • Seijuroh Hokuto – Hirohiko Kakegawa
  • Kyouka Yukimura – Chiaki Takahashi

In addition to Shio, a number of supporting characters are also revealed:

• Shiori Kurashiki (voiced by Ai Kayano) – Kou’s childhood friend who lives next door. She calls him Kou-chan. She’s conservative, but strong at heart. Since he began living on his own, she’s been worried about Kou’s private life and acts like a mother to him. She had a normal life, but gets caught up in an incident involving the Other World.
  • Ryouta Ibuki (voiced by Atsushi Abe) – Kou’s friend from elementary school. He’s also good friends with Shiori. He’s a wholesome young man who dreams of a rosy high school life. Although he has a non-serious personality and is friends with many, he is worried that he won’t find a girlfriend.
  • Jun Kohinata (voiced by Kanae Ito) – One of Kou’s classmates, who often hangs out in a group of three including Ryouta. He has a baby face, so he’s loved by the ladies. His personality is timid, but when it comes to friends, he’s the blunt and effective type. He’s also part-lukewarm otaku.

I'm a bit surprised, with the exception of Kayano Ai, there aren't particularly famous seiyuus.

I would expect Nao at least =D

Shintaro as Kou will sound awesome imo. I took a liking to him after watching mondaijitachi and it seems that he is really suited to voicing characters with a lil bit of egoistic attitude. This in a way fits Kou because it has been revealed that while he is nice to others, he is rather brusque in his speech and mannerisms and Shintaro usually does a good job voicing such characters.

And just in case anyone's interested how he sounds like, I'll leave this here

With that, aye I am not disappointed with the casts choices xD in fact, it felt refreshing. xD

Shintaro as Kou will sound awesome imo. I took a liking to him after watching mondaijitachi and it seems that he is really suited to voicing characters with a lil bit of egoistic attitude. This in a way fits Kou because it has been revealed that while he is nice to others, he is rather brusque in his speech and mannerisms and Shintaro usually does a good job voicing such characters.

If he uses Izayoi's tone of voice that is xD

Its finally here lol

979.png

Would love this boxart (with the Tokyo kanji and Zanadu katakana) stay in the possible localized version :D

They look beautiful.