Hotline Miami 2 trophies Thoughts?

I can't wait for this game and would really like to plat it again. Liked the trophs of the first game more, but still cool.

http://www.exophase.com/game/hotline-miami-2-wrong-number-psn/trophies/

Looks just about as hard as the first one if you ask me, though some of the chapter specific trophies could be a pain.

Hard mode could also be a problem but i guess we'll have to wait and see.

Who cares? It's f***ing HOTLINE MIAMI 2! Thanks to PS Plus, I got to experience one of the best (IMO) indie games of all time. It's fast paced, it's hard, there's so much trial and error and I loved it!

It's one of those games that makes you feel really accomplished when you earn the trophies and that's what kept me going for the plat. I didn't even know there was a pre patch glitch that allowed you to earn Get a Life easier. I did it all legit and don't regret the extra time spent getting all A+ rankings.

I hope I'm not the only one here, but I want the trophies to be harder than the first! It will only make earning each one feel better. I hope Hard mode really makes people stomp, rage and gnash their teeth. BRING IT ON!

• Like 1

If Hard mode means no checkpoint between floors, it is gonna be a pain. Don't under-estimate the Platinum of Wrong Number.

Did a google search, found this:

"In hard mode, enemies will be more difficult to take down and some abilities may be taken away from players, such as the capacity to lock onto enemies when targeting them. Wedin said this hard mode will be added in response to feedback that the first Hotline Miami was too easy.

Hard mode hasn't been implemented into the game yet, Wedin said, so Dennaton hasn't decided what features it will include. He did note, however, that it would be "very hard."

http://www.polygon.com/2013/8/23/4650316/hotline-miami-2-will-have-an-unlockable-hard-mode-characters-with

The post is from 2013 though, so no idea if that's how it is in the final game. Gotta wait until tomorrow until it comes out in EU. :(

Edited by soniq

Did a google search, found this:

"In hard mode, enemies will be more difficult to take down and some abilities may be taken away from players, such as the capacity to lock onto enemies when targeting them. Wedin said this hard mode will be added in response to feedback that the first Hotline Miami was too easy.

Hard mode hasn't been implemented into the game yet, Wedin said, so Dennaton hasn't decided what features it will include. He did note, however, that it would be "very hard."

http://www.polygon.com/2013/8/23/4650316/hotline-miami-2-will-have-an-unlockable-hard-mode-characters-with

The post is from 2013 though, so no idea if that's how it is in the final game. Gotta wait until tomorrow until it comes out in EU. :(

The trophy will be such a pain if this is true. :(

It's gonna be harder for sure. Plus, watch out for glitchy trophies.. I spent over 2 hours trying to get 20 hit combo trophy, got the amount multiple times, over 24 times easily. Did it in the stage harry94 did, and didn't watch the video until after the fact. He admits it took him 3 tries, as the first two didn't register due to trophy being glitchy. I might wait until after a patch to continue this game.. I'm so mad because I was getting 22's, 21's and 20's all night but yet no trophy.

Btw it's scene 12 in the last scene of the third act. And I think hard isn't unlocked til you beat the game. A+ on all stages will be harder this time around, too. I know most people use exploits to get A+ on all stages in the original, and as of yet there doesn't look to be any exploits. You are limited to what masks you can even choose from according to the mission you are going to, as well. I hope post game it allows you to go back in chapter select and it gives u the option to choose from all the masks, or at least more variety. If not this will be a very hard and rough platinum. So, yeah this game will be much harder than the first.

Looks a little harder than the first, mainly because of this "hard mode" and some miscellaneous trophies.

And oh my dayum! the "Get a Life" is back!  :facepalm:

Good thing it is on normal but got a question that I am confused with. One friend on Facebook told me I can't switch difficulties when I beat the game and will be on hard mode. Is this true? If sio then that one stage in act three second missoon or third sucks ass already where there are more enemies popping by. Just like the prequel most levels sre easy but one level will make you so angry just like assault mission. -_-