Thoughts on METAL SLUG 3 trophy set

DarknessKey92

Looks like you'll have to clear stages without a continue, with some interesting conditions to be meet for certain missions or areas.

So far 3,000,000 points might be the hardest(not really hard, just grindy) thing to do, but overall doesn't seam too hard of a set.

Gonna be a great game to play overall(regardless of trophies)...oh and before I forget there's no  :platinum:.

Hopefully some(a lot) still decide to play this great classic title, regardless of that absent platinum.

Edited by DarknessKey92
  • Like 3

Well, not really, the game has easy trophies, you can even change the options to your liking (99 lives even, lol.). Of course though, it really doesn't matter much when you can also save (and load) the game to the last point where you stand. Its not even really that hard, lol.

Although for the "Route Master", that will take some time, but not too long though, it can be done in 1 playthrough, provided you save at the specific route areas from missions 1 through 4, you also have to go from start to end from the route areas to make it count, and then reload other unexplored areas as necessary, then save if you want, lol.

Well, not really, the game has easy trophies, you can even change the options to your liking (99 lives even, lol.). Of course though, it really doesn't matter much when you can also save (and load) the game to the last point where you stand. Its not even really that hard, lol.

Although for the "Route Master", that will take some time, but not too long though, it can be done in 1 playthrough, provided you save at the specific route areas from missions 1 through 4, you also have to go from start to end from the route areas to make it count, and then reload other unexplored areas as necessary, then save if you want, lol.

Ah! I see, thanks for the advice on that.

Yeah, doesn't seem too hard.

Will there be any level select or save and loading etc? If there's level select where you can unlock levels as you progress, then this would be a very comfortable 100% I'd say, if not, it's probably not that easy. lol

I'm not really into these games, but they can be fun sometimes. If it has level select, I'm definitely more inclined to get it.

Yeah, doesn't seem too hard.

Will there be any level select or save and loading etc? If there's level select where you can unlock levels as you progress, then this would be a very comfortable 100% I'd say, if not, it's probably not that easy. lol

I'm not really into these games, but they can be fun sometimes. If it has level select, I'm definitely more inclined to get it.

Sorry, but from what I've played, there is no Mission/Level select, but at least there's the option to Save/Load anywhere, which makes getting all of the trophies really easy.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I expected more of a challenge, to be honest. I'm not complaining, though! The ZOMBIE MASTER trophy was the most difficult in my opinion and that was the only moment I had to utilise the save/load feature. Chalk it up to old age, but I honestly remember that part being easier back in the day!

• 6 months later...

Lol the game isnt easy at all... we can be happy that the game can be exploited with the lifes and stuff. On Xbox u need to do this in one run without saving and without continue. THIS is truely insane. Even though its hard... especially the last level lol.

Edited by xDLl0YD091x-
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

hello,i didn t find this option where i can select the number of lives....

• 1 month later...

Lol the game isnt easy at all... we can be happy that the game can be exploited with the lifes and stuff. On Xbox u need to do this in one run without saving and without continue. THIS is truely insane. Even though its hard... especially the last level lol.

Yes it is, lol, the changed settings do work, lol.

hello,i didn t find this option where i can select the number of lives....

Lives are mentioned as "Hero" in the option settings.

Edited by NeoStrayCat

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

Well, too bad the game offers the save system that does not interrupt trophies. 

Also, trophies should occur only on default options only. 99 lives makes this game easy as fcuk.

I love metal slug games, but - unfortunally - love trophies also, so after 100% I am losing motivation to play, and this game's 100% is too easy to earn because of those "legal cheats". 

• 4 years later...

Got Route Master before completing all levels (Right at the Final Boss Thing)

Missed Elephant Slug, and went back for it (Started new game played 2 levels but did not save, able still load my save at Final Mission).

Able to load back final save.

Easy to get over 3 mill. was around 3.5 mil when finished whole game.

Final Level is just massive...

• 3 weeks later...

If anyone can help me in this game I'd really appreciated it... need to find all slugs, get over 3 million points and finish the final mission without continue. Please respond if you can help me.

EDIT:

I managed to achieve all the stuff I needed. Shitty game anyway :P 

Edited by Solid-Fisch