Golden Arena help

I just need some tips on what is the best skills to equip your character when taking on Gold Elizabeth on the 200th floor for the Risky Course. I'm always getting smoked by 1 hit moves or just when i am about to beat her she refills her health bar - on couple occassion i last long enough that she does it twice-three times. I am level 99 and decent skill level. I am using Yu, i know a fair amount of combos and some tactics. The skills i have is Diaharan, Makarakan, Enduring Soul and  Full Analyze which supposedly is suppose to stop Auto Healing but Gold Elizabeth is always recieving full health boosts from Divine and Angelic Grace. Help would be nice and Thanks in advance guys, i am going to keep trying till i get lucky.

Eliza-death is hard as nails.  I suggest going back and getting the move "Die for Me" which is randomly given by beating Dark Yosuke around Floor 180.  Grind it until you get the skill and then cross your fingers.  "Die For Me" will sometimes trigger instant death for your opponent. (60% chance)  It's pure RNG but it'll eventually work.

Also, Full Analyze does not stop Lizzie's auto-healing.

Just ask her this question:
Liz, would you mind to... Die for Me!?

Yea, Die for Me is pretty much the best choice. It took me 5 attempts (2 were auto ones, though).

Eliza-death is hard as nails.  I suggest going back and getting the move "Die for Me" which is randomly given by beating Dark Yosuke around Floor 180.  Grind it until you get the skill and then cross your fingers.  "Die For Me" will sometimes trigger instant death for your opponent. (60% chance)  It's pure RNG but it'll eventually work.

Also, Full Analyze does not stop Lizzie's auto-healing.

Erisadesu? :D

Just adding to this that Die for Me is also obtainable from Aki on floor 50. Having a Treasure Hunter helps quite well.

It seems you already obtained so... good job!

I couldn't find it and i got impatient so i switched out Full Analyze and got Dragon Hustle and also swapped Enduring soul for The Man's Way and i just stuck her and didn't let her move, you have to keep a long combo's going and when her bursts refills just jump cancel into block and start again. Took me 2 tries with this style and the 2nd time she used ex moves and my Makarakan skill brought down her health and before she used her auto heal i hit her - got the damage and finished her with a quick auto combo (just to be safe) because at this point i was shaking lol i didn't want to stuff up. This has to be one of the most annoying parts i have had this year with gaming thus far. Now it looks like i hit another road block and that's performing all challenges for 1 character -_- 

Thanks guys for your reply's i actually sent the advice of "Die for me" skill to them, i just got a little impatient for grinding.

• 10 months later...

What's the best character for the Arena Dominator trophy (so I can use it for level 50)? I found Mizunaki & Elizabeth pretty good but just because they have better combos with random buttons lol, I'll do P4A but for now I just want the platinum of this one so I don't really care about training, just want to finish asap.

Another thing: about the golden Elizabeth, the skill Die For Me when is given: can I use it on any character or only for the one with who I got it (haven't started this mode yet since firstly I want to know the best character)?

Edited by VirtualNight

What's the best character for the Arena Dominator trophy (so I can use it for level 50)? I found Mizunaki & Elizabeth pretty good but just because they have better combos with random buttons lol, I'll do P4A but for now I just want the platinum of this one so I don't really care about training, just want to finish asap.

There aren't really recommended characters, just get the one you are most accustomed to.

You will eventually want to switch to auto mode anyway.

Another thing: about the golden Elizabeth, the skill Die For Me when is given: can I use it on any character or only for the one with who I got it (haven't started this mode yet since firstly I want to know the best character)?

I'm pretty sure you can equip it on anyone, but why would you want to switch your main? =D

• Like 1

There aren't really recommended characters, just get the one you are most accustomed to.

You will eventually want to switch to auto mode anyway.

I'm pretty sure you can equip it on anyone, but why would you want to switch your main? =D

Correct, I can use SP Skill with every character for golden liz, my bad, thanks.

Your character becomes AI, hence, you don't need to actively input buttons and fights happen automatically.

Am I the only one that got killed a bunch of times on the later floors (risky course) by using auto mode? :lol:

Btw, for people trying to find out which character is recommended, I would say Yu cuz he has nice SP skills to make some distance between you and your opponent. He's actually pretty easy to master for Golden Arena compared to other chars imo.

As for Liz, as people above said, Just use "Die for Me" skill and cross your fingers. It's almost impossible to beat her regularly unless you know how to punish a LOT.

Am I the only one that got killed a bunch of times on the later floors (risky course) by using auto mode? :lol:

Btw, for people trying to find out which character is recommended, I would say Yu cuz he has nice SP skills to make some distance between you and your opponent. He's actually pretty easy to master for Golden Arena compared to other chars imo.

As for Liz, as people above said, Just use "Die for Me" skill and cross your fingers. It's almost impossible to beat her regularly unless you know how to punish a LOT.

Wow, What the hell!? Impossible to beat? What are you talking...

She is nearly the same as in Vanilla except her Ghastly Wail isn't as forgiving as in vanilla anymore.

Besides that, there is infact a character that can be recommended for easier play and faster playthrough.

After reading this useless tips again, i will try to share what i did in my speedruns where i used as efficent as possible and cleared as fast as possible Golden Arena in No Lose way.

Character:

1- Mitsuru Kirijo

She has one of the strongest combo setups, if you can play with her and can pull of some basic Standing B into Sweep into Coup Droit. 

But if not, then you can use her auto combo just as fine as it does work perfectly good.

Combo:

Example would be. Going in right as the fight starts with an auto combo and while pressing Square hold the stick in the left direction to charge your coup droit and just when she were about to do the auto combo sp cancel it and pull the stick in the right direction and press Square, so you connect an auto combo with an charge attack. Easy way to get them on Easy Floor and Hard Floor without even getting hit.

For Risky i advise using more Standing B in oppsite direction(Hold B, which is X while holding left to attack while going left). This way you might land an fatal counter to start your basic charger combo or what ever you want./Btw. Fatal Counter brings the opponent to just blank fall down and ive you the opportunity to start your high damage combo .

Also with Mitsuru you can use Ice as traps while holding down or diagonal down while block etc and then up with Triangle or Circle to set Ice Attacks .

Skills:

If you want to decide if to take either sp gauge incredemnts or health or power or even more exp bonus, then only take two things.

Strongness and Health.

ST=Always 2 Points and HealTh= 1.

Items:

As for Easy and Hard, aswell Early Risky Floors you don't need any specific items to get along.

But in the final stges i advise having Full ANalyze, 1 Insta Heal with any button activateable as EX version and "IF" needed Die For Me, butit isnt that required tbf.

As fourth item you can choose what you like, i personally would take the item that acivates Rage, so when it hits the enemy cant block, so you can spamm the enemy non stop.

Final Floors:

165 - Labrys

She is quite the first surpise when playing Golden Arena, since she disables your items but can use herselfs items. It is basicall the first fight that requires skills rather than plain mashing. Try using FA as much as possible with Misturu, it will hit them just a bit and slowly get them to awaken so she can waste her Brutal impact and then you can attack her after you got behind her. Rinse nd repeat, but well she sometimes does her own things so its more mind game than actual strat wih her.

200 - Golden Elizabeth

She is harder than in vanilla, thats for sure, but tbf not reall that big of a deal if you know some basic patterns.

Ofc you could hope for die for me item but kek.

Legit way-

YOu always wait till she sends thanatos and once he stops hittting you wit his sword he will mostly try to grab you, thats when you jump in the air and either snatch combo her or just Midair B her with combo follow etc. Reeat that if she does that pattern. When she is going to do her insta kill mahma.. insta jump back as fast as possible and wait for her attacks. If the mahama is in the air and you got some decent distance , try to snacth her with Circle and start you basic snacth combos. For the final state when she awakens, she will kind of spam her ghastly wail as soon as she got 50sp, the trick is to look at her and watch for her taking out the book, and as soon as that happens jump and air attack into auto combo without sp at the end. AFter that let her recover and jump again even before she attacks, its a bit luck that she does ghatsly or not, but you have to jump quicker since in ultimax they changed her speed and priority alot from vanilla. And If she tries to heal herslef, just ry to attack her.Simple. no magic there.

If that is still not helpful enough, write me a message and i can record the final stage with musturu and make some sort of tutroial etc.

And to the other ppl, stop posting guides that arnt helping.

And lol to Auto Mode, If you really use auto mode to clear golden arena , i doubt you did the other trophies legit.

Edited by IKG
  • Like 1

-Snip-

I never said she was unbeatable. I said almost, and that is if you don't know how to pressure her stuff (obviously how to counterattack is included here). I did beat her on a few rounds but I was merely offering the easiest way to do it without using up too much time.

Also, I put an "imo" at the end of Yu's explanation because I never lost a match in golden arena with him (excluding auto mode , which I lost both times I used it), not because he's the chosen one to beat the mode. There was no need to use more than 2 easy combos (including the autocombo) to beat the entire thing with no sweat. You can even beat this mode with using only the autocombo mixed with some SP Skills, with quick SP/HP gain skillset. It almost makes it a cakewalk (imo).

I didn't know Mitsuru was in fact an even easier one to use btw. Thanks for sharing your strategy (no sarcasm intended).

I do agree that it's disappointing if the only times someone wins in this mode is by using auto mode though.

Edited by Lord_of_Ra

• 1 month later...

I actually used auto-mode a lot to grind some skills to fight Elizabeth 200th floor while doing something else lol xD I m a "noob" as they say in fighting games so I m using Die for me! method.

My skills: Die for Me! : Very Low chance to Instakill after a SP Skill hits (Risky 50, Risky 180)
                Mind Charge : SP Skills/Boosts cost 1/2 SP (Risky 80, Risky 130)
                Youthful Wind: Auto recover HP (H), Auto regen SP (M), Increase Speed (M) (Risky 130, 180)
                Spring of Life: Auto recover HP (H), Auto regen SP (H) (Risky 110, Risky 185)
with this I have a decent Hp recovered while spaming skills and hope for instant death. I just got this trophy but I read there are ways to prevent her from using Diarahan.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I used Shabrys, as I was originally planning to use her for challenges. At 55 she automatically gets Die For Me, so you don't have to farm it. She also had this charge axe move that most of the characters are too stupid to dodge and a good half my fights ended with that move. It also procs DFM.

I used auto almost the entire time. The only time I turned it off is if I was fighting lab or shab and I noticed she was charging up her axe. Then I'd jump over her head and turn it back on.

I just stocked up on healing skills and breezed through the Risky course. Had a media skill the entire time, enduring soul, and Youthful wind.

Edited by Hemiak
  • Like 2

Like Hemiak said, I recommend Shadow Labrys too.

Level 55: Skill "Die for Me", and the overpowered Axe attack ^^

Well I am on floor 80 in Risky and tried the auto-mode, because I am already bored to fight the remaining 120 floors, but the auto-mode is really bad and lose easily, atleast by me. So I have to go for the rest alone >-<

I have a question about the "Die For Me" skill. The description says it has a chance to kick in when using a SP Skill attack. Can you autocombo into a SP Skill attack and have a chance of it happening? I've played about 30-40 matches after getting DFM and it hasn't happened once. 

My character is Yu and each match I usually autocombo into the Ziodyne move at least 3-5 times but haven't had DFM kick in yet. Do you need to manually input the command for Ziodyne or any super move? Am I doing something wrong or just getting unlucky so far? I haven't really needed it yet, but I'd like to know if I need to be doing something different before I get to the Elizabeth at the end. I suck at fighting games so maybe I'm misunderstanding or just doing it wrong.

I have a question about the "Die For Me" skill. The description says it has a chance to kick in when using a SP Skill attack. Can you autocombo into a SP Skill attack and have a chance of it happening? I've played about 30-40 matches after getting DFM and it hasn't happened once. 

My character is Yu and each match I usually autocombo into the Ziodyne move at least 3-5 times but haven't had DFM kick in yet. Do you need to manually input the command for Ziodyne or any super move? Am I doing something wrong or just getting unlucky so far? I haven't really needed it yet, but I'd like to know if I need to be doing something different before I get to the Elizabeth at the end. I suck at fighting games so maybe I'm misunderstanding or just doing it wrong.

I'm pretty sure that the auto-combos don't count because I only had it activate when manually inputting the move. If all else fails, putting the game into auto-mode will eventually get you to the end. The only exception would be Labrys on floor 165. Unless you're a very high level, auto-mode will lose this one

I am done now and almost won against Elizabeth without the Skill.

However I got it in the end with just the auto-combo (only pressing the square button). The chance for it is ~1%, maybe

Online are also some videos ;)

Thanks for the replies. After about 50 matches, I finally got lucky and had the DFM hit. Of course, it happened in like 3 of the next 10 matches after that. Go figure.  :huh:

I had good luck by actually getting the skill from Risky Floor 50 on my first try, so guess I was just due some bad luck by not having it be used for ~50 matches.

Edited by MStalker58

Thanks for the replies. After about 50 matches, I finally got lucky and had the DFM hit. Of course, it happened in like 3 of the next 10 matches after that. Go figure.  :huh:

I had good luck by actually getting the skill from Risky Floor 50 on my first try, so guess I was just due some bad luck by not having it be used for ~50 matches.

Nah, that's pretty normal =D

Maybe a punishment for auto combing =D

But 5xA is much easier than 246 + 246 + A/B, who wouldn't do that xDD

• Like 1

Nah, that's pretty normal =D

Maybe a punishment for auto combing =D

But 5xA is much easier than 246 + 246 + A/B, who wouldn't do that xDD

Hey, I don't have any shame when it comes to fighting games. I'm not above spamming moves or button mashing. I know that I'm a scrub, so I'll use any cheap tactic to make it to the next round. :P

Yeah, moves like 246 + 246 + A/B, or anything involving circle type motions, are the ones that I struggle with. I'm in trouble when it involves something more complicated than blocking, auto combos, or some of the basic moves. I would have started using auto-mode already but I figured that I could use all of the practice/training that I can get before taking on the challenges. Haven't even looked at those yet.

Edited by MStalker58

• 2 months later...