I think I made a mistake...

The other day I decided to buy Borderlands: THC. Being new to the series,I played the Pre-Sequel before Borderlands 2. I thought I was playing in chronological order, until I found out the Pre-Sequel came out after Borderlands 2; which means I'm chronologically out of oder. I played about half way through the Pre-Sequel, so should I continue, or stop and play Borderlands 2?

You think you made a mistake for the plot... To Borderlands...

Also, I don't think you understand what the word chronological means. Technically, you are playing the games in a chronological order. As the pre sequel chronologically comes before Blands 2. Release dates don't have anything to do with it so I'd just keep playing the Pre-Sequel.

You might be in a good position actually. From my understanding, the Pre-sequel plot tells the story of what happened between BL1 and 2, so I think you should be fine. I've only played the first two so far, but from what I've read you should be good to keep playing PS and then continuing on to 2. 

Edited by Elyther

The Pre-Sequel takes place after Borderlands 2, it's just that the majority of the game is a flashback that takes place in-between Borderlands 1& 2. So I'd say finish Borderlands 2 first; if you want the full enjoyment from the story.

Edited by Azaan60
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

As King suggested earlier you really should play borderlands 1 and the general knoxx dlc. That DLC gives us the first appearance of Athena, all of the other playable characters (the default ones) are introduced in BL2 (minus claptrap of course. Playing them in the order that they were released will let you in on some of the inside jokes in the dialogue of the pre sequel (like moxxi overalls and technical knowledge ). It also lets you know why certain characters are absent and or missing in the Pre-sequel non flashback sequences.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...