Old School trophy bugged?

zadorvp

9 minutes ago, IoIly said:

QIWI Wallet is e-wallet, based on a Visa Prepaid Account. You need 5 minutes to create it. I use it to pay in psn store

And you can use it to pay on North American PSN with credit card which is from Europe? Sounds great! I will check it out, cause with pay pal it is impossible!

6 minutes ago, Kristmas2 said:

And you can use it to pay on North American PSN with credit card which is from Europe? Sounds great! I will check it out, cause with pay pal it is impossible!

Sorry. It is russian company. I thought it is world wide. I delete my posts about QIWI

Edited by IoIly

2 hours ago, charlijaen said:

You need a PS4 without any plus account activated as primary, attempt to play online with the US account and you will be prompted to start a 2 day free trial. No credit card whatsoever.

Is there any way to start this trial without ps4, but with ps3/vita/pc?

On 31/12/2017 at 1:51 AM, demonviper666 said:

Just create a us account and use 2 plus trial and 100% it

That sounds great, however is very risky... i remember that i had a doubt if SEN would agree about people who make US/JP accs to get stuffs from theyr ps store that are not free in the Eu ps store, and i have discovered that no, they do not like that and they may ban you (iirc i searched this when i saw Dragon Dogma Online free for US), so is normal think that they would not like the trick you said either, since the free trial should be for new users, not for someone like me who has the ps+ from 2010 with an old acc until now with the current one. ?

EDIT: oh, i didn't notice that we went on page 2, so i haven't read the previous posts ?, well nvm, it looks no possible for who, like me, has just a ps3 ?...

Edited by VirtualNight

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I actually made an effort to contact microids official support and ask about this matter. I have asked if they have repaired it or are they gonna repair their game anytime soon. They know of this problem, cause they have written post about it on an official facebook (post below). Their reply was.. or you better check it yourself (its below):

Their post, where they promised patch:

May 12th 2015

"LOST IN THE SNOW
Hello everyone. We would like to apologize to the players of the PS3 Syberia II version who encountered a bug on the Gold Trophy called "Old School".

We found out too late that the trophy is sometimes not triggered even if the player finishes the adventure in less than 6 hours as required. The team that developed the version is investigating the problem to fix it as quickly as possible. Stay with us to be informed of the update to come.
Thank you for your patience."

Their reply about my question:

march 7th 2019

"thank you for your message.
As this message was a few years ago, chances are that this has already been fixed. We invite you to check it out and keep us informed, if it is not the case.

Best regards,
Support Team Microïds"

Soo.. translating from PR-ish language it means - we don't know, we don't care - leave us alone - check for youself and let us know ;)

LOL

Edited by Kristmas2

• 4 weeks later...
9 hours ago, whittle181 said:

EU player here. I got 100% on Syberia 2 a while ago. Simply create a US account on your PS3, download the game then log into your main and start the speedrun.. Good luck to all!

Are you talking about buying the US version of the game or are you suggesting that the EU version can be completed just by having an US account on your PS3, however that's supposed to work?

On which account did you 100% S2, as it wasn't the one under which you're posting right here?

12 hours ago, fastflowdaman said:

Are you talking about buying the US version of the game or are you suggesting that the EU version can be completed just by having an US account on your PS3, however that's supposed to work?

On which account did you 100% S2, as it wasn't the one under which you're posting right here?

To be clear, you have to buy the US version, download it and get the trophy on that downloaded version whilst playing on your main account. There may be some other way to get the Old School trophy on an EU downloaded version, but this isn't the method I used.

3 hours ago, whittle181 said:

To be clear, you have to buy the US version, download it and get the trophy on that downloaded version whilst playing on your main account. There may be some other way to get the Old School trophy on an EU downloaded version, but this isn't the method I used.

51NKKSXY-GL._SX425_.jpg

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, whittle181 said:

Well you could at least thank me for replying to you, it's not my fault you misunderstood my first response lol.

Why should I thank you for a useless post in a thread where everyone following said thread hopes for a solution instead of some rehashed info?

I'd advise you to read the thread next time before posting in it. It is common knowledge that the US version of this game can be completed.

This in combination with the way you worded your post makes it unsurprising that I asked you again about the statement you gave regarding the speedrun trophy. That you clarified your misleading message should go without saying. Like I said, nothing to thank for.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, fastflowdaman said:

Why should I thank you for a useless post in a thread where everyone following said thread hopes for a solution instead of some rehashed info?

I'd advise you to read the thread next time before posting in it. It is common knowledge that the US version of this game can be completed.

This in combination with the way you worded your post makes it unsurprising that I asked you again about the statement you gave regarding the speedrun trophy. That you clarified your misleading message should go without saying. Like I said, nothing to thank for.

Sorry yes I clarified it for you because your response suggested I needed to dumb it down and simplify it for you. All done and cleared up for you now :-)