Who wants to play Okami? Sign ups UPDATED

Superbuu3

Read this during the day, so apologies if the following have already been addressed in a post edit or something:

1. Would we still be allowed to progress farther than those who stop at these certain points or should everyone be stopping at those points for discussion/letting others catch up? I'm assuming yes since Dr_Mayus even wanted a plat race
  2. How long do you plan to keep this thing going (the plat time is listed as 40 hours) if there are people who still haven't gotten to the end of the game and/or achieved their platinum when the majority has?
  3. I had a third question/comment, but I forgot it while writing this. I'll post it later if I remember what it was :P

I'm actually surprised how big this has become. World Domination should be superbuu3's next step, I suppose.

Aww, but but "world domination" is part of my personal email address D: I'd have to change that if Buu took over the world or he'd probably assume I'm planning a coup d'état.

Read this during the day, so apologies if the following have already been addressed in a post edit or something:

1. Would we still be allowed to progress farther than those who stop at these certain points or should everyone be stopping at those points for discussion/letting others catch up? I'm assuming yes since Dr_Mayus even wanted a plat race
  2. How long do you plan to keep this thing going (the plat time is listed as 40 hours) if there are people who still haven't gotten to the end of the game and/or achieved their platinum when the majority has?
  3. I had a third question/comment, but I forgot it while writing this. I'll post it later if I remember what it was :P

Aww, but but "world domination" is part of my personal email address D: I'd have to change that if Buu took over the world or he'd probably assume I'm planning a coup d'état.

1. Honestly I'm flexible, the main reason I didn't do a platinum race as due to free time some people wouldn't be able to compete and I want this to be a group activity.  I think given that the game is a 40 hour plat if we agree to say reach a boss per day or everyother day, people can just use extra time to gather all collectibles up that point.  I won't havea  problem with people lagging or catching up, hopefully there average pace would be the same as the group otherwise would kinda defeat the purpose.  I certainly do not expect people to spoil the plot of the game to anyone though.  This also hopefully will work out as more us helping each other through various points without needing to resot to guides too much.

2. Again i'm flexible, the goal is to finish the game as a group in terms of the plat i'll be going for it so we can do that to, but i'm sure a bunch of people would've done a lot of the leg work for the plat during the playthrough, I don't see any reason to limit people in terms of finding collectibles etc.  I also have no intention to abandon the topic so people can still talk to me about it in the topic or the forum (i'm talking about people who actually signed up for the run, otherwise lots of random people will start messaging me >_>)

3. I assume this was about your coup d'état, I'm watching you :angry:

Edited by Superbuu3
  • Like 3

Me and superbuu3 were just talking about this and I think we got to a conclusion, but I will let him have the final word on it.

1- No. You can't progress further in the story when you hit the stopping point. We don't want to leave the group left behind as we think that could dismotivate some of the players to play until the end. Some people (like me) work at home and can play more often, so other people would have clear disavantage. I would like to do a plat race, but since this is a big game, I don't believe it's recommended. We can do one in the future for a short game that might to plus or into a flash sale or whatever. We will try to keep people posted about it.

2- Depends on what you are asking, actually. The group is supposed to keep going until everyone reach the goal, which here is the platinum. The 'done' players can assist the others however they can. I was considering to wait in popping my platinum until the whole group is done, but I need to have the heads up from everyone else if they would do the same, as I would be mad holding my plat where most people would not be doing the same. [i've done this before with my gaming partner ThiagoLevi for Dragon's Crown and it was a lot of fun to coop-platinum-sync. I would enjoy to do it again].

3- I'm doing shifts with superbuu3 to keep an eye out for you. We are aware of your plans and we will try to not let you suceed with it.

• Like 2

If you're all going for the platinum, you might want to read up on the Bestiary trophy at some point (although doing so will involve spoilers). It's a missable trophy that makes you have to play two-thirds of the game again if you don't get it. I found out the hard way :(

If you're all going for the platinum, you might want to read up on the Bestiary trophy at some point (although doing so will involve spoilers). It's a missable trophy that makes you have to play two-thirds of the game again if you don't get it. I found out the hard way :(

Superbuu3 and I are aware of such trophy and before we start, we will edit the OP with all the info on missable trophies + message everyone on the PSN so they read the OP and are aware of all the important info.

We are supposed to start this saturday, I will try to PM or send a message on PSN to each and every person which signed up for the Group Play to see if they confirm or leave it. I hope everyone commit and get it done, I would be very happy if such thing happened.

• Like 1

OK guys so I hope you have started to download the game.  We will start on saturday and we'll play up to the first boss.  I'll make a new thread with the vital info for the plat i.e. missable trophies and the finishers to use on enemies.  I'm updating the first post with the following info:

I'll make a new topic on Friday and i'll PM everyone the link so they know when to start.

Guidelines:

1. We only play up to the agreed milestone, I think if we leave people behind the group will fall apart, if people fall behind we will continue, but i do hope he others will try to keep up.

2. If you do meet an agreed story milestone, there are plenty of sidequests and collectibles you can do in the mean time, so just get on with those rather than progressing the story.

3. Let us know in the thread if you meet a milestone so we can tell if everything is running smoothly, if you're having trouble with a boss or particular enemies try to ask in the thread first before consulting a guide, this is mainly to keep the talk on the game still open.

4. Yuri has suggested we all pop the plat at the same time let us know if you think this is something you wanna do.

5. If you have any suggestions I'm completely open to them.

Yeah i'm looking up the missable trophies, so I'll have that covered.  There's 4 missable trophies and I think technically only one is a story spoiler, but i can tell people when were are coming up to that check point to minimise spoilers.

Oh cool, btw as you've played this before, a few questions;

1. Do you happen to know if its autosave and if we can have multiple save files?

2. Is there a point of no return?

3. Are we free to collect stuff in the world after beating the boss?

Uhm... and when Im using Trophyroadmaps - that are completly spoilerfree - you are wondering if Im not getting bored of it because I would obviously spoiler myself...

tsk tsk tsk.... shame on you, senchoo! ò_ó

Hmm, well, I also have this game.

Bad sadly I know already what Im playing next, and after that.

... Its all about timing. >_<

This sound like a really great idea. I'm not too fond of RPG games but if there's some other play-together threads in the future then i am definetely in ;)

Cool nice to see our numbers growing.

Uhm... and when Im using Trophyroadmaps - that are completly spoilerfree - you are wondering if Im not getting bored of it because I would obviously spoiler myself...

I stated at the time it was a misunderstanding and I thought we were past this. Also I'm trying to organise something for a group so don't compare your personal activities with me trying to do something helpful for the community, by finding out the information you quoted i'm minimising the spoilers in the game.  If you have something to discuss with me in private, then discuss it in private.

I also have no obligation to explain myself to you when I have already spent a very long time trying to explain myself.  I have tried my best if you still have an issue with me then I can't change who I am. Now you are welcome to join this playthrough, but if your comments are not related to the topic I am not reading them.

Edited by Superbuu3

I would be up for trying out other games as well :).

Also I will be doing this game with the Move as I haven't used it in awhile. Is anyone going to try it with that?

I was thinking of doing the same but i don't have a navgation controller so that might make it difficult.  I certainly will give it a go though.

1- No. You can't progress further in the story when you hit the stopping point. We don't want to leave the group left behind as we think that could dismotivate some of the players to play until the end. Some people (like me) work at home and can play more often, so other people would have clear disavantage. I would like to do a plat race, but since this is a big game, I don't believe it's recommended. We can do one in the future for a short game that might to plus or into a flash sale or whatever. We will try to keep people posted about it.

Okay, thanks for the answers (to both of you on all three parts, I only just quoted this part to not have a wall of text). I was planning to join this whichever way it went, just wanted clarification ^^ Okami is already downloaded and installed and ready for Saturday onwards :yay:

3. I assume this was about your coup d'état, I'm watching you :angry:

3- I'm doing shifts with superbuu3 to keep an eye out for you. We are aware of your plans and we will try to not let you suceed with it.

My plan is foiled... for now :devil:

This sound like a really great idea. I'm not too fond of RPG games but if there's some other play-together threads in the future then i am definetely in ;)

I will try to sign you up for the future sessions then. Will let you know when the next will be hosted, but AFAIK from where I'm talking to SB3, it's either a FPS or another RPG.

I don't understand it, we are doing it spoiler free too here (saw any spoilers yet?), none of us (core) yet started the game, just a few gave their oppinions and suggestions about what and when to do. 

I suppose you have it, but have other things lined up to play next, so you won't be joining us? A shame, you seem very fond of RPGs, I think you would have enjoyed to play this one. Maybe next time then? Let me know if you want to be warned about our future group sessions then.

Ok. So this is crazy on a couple levels.

1) I've been trying to raise my completion %, by finishing 2-3 games before starting any new ones. I finished two early this week and might have Alice done by Friday. I wasn't sure what I was going to start next.

2) I bought Okami in the last sale and already have it downloaded.

3) As I was driving home from work today I was planning on creating a topic called... "Video Game Book? Club". I was going to take votes, if anyone was actually interested, about what to play. And now I don't have to run it!

I've only got 2-4 hrs a day average to play but if you'll have me and I won't slow you down if like to join up.

• Like 1

1) I've been trying to raise my completion %, by finishing 2-3 games before starting any new ones. I finished two early this week and might have Alice done by Friday. I wasn't sure what I was going to start next.

3) As I was driving home from work today I was planning on creating a topic called... "Video Game Book? Club". I was going to take votes, if anyone was actually interested, about what to play. And now I don't have to run it!

I've only got 2-4 hrs a day average to play but if you'll have me and I won't slow you down if like to join up.

It looks to me that you have granted yourself a place on the list!

I will inform SB3.

People, everyone will be messaged with a PM confirmation from me tomorrow (Thursday) on this website. In case you fail to reply it, I will repeat the same message to your PSN IDs on the following day (Friday). In case you fail to confirm your commitment again, me and SB3 will discuss if you are staying or leaving the group.

Thank you all for joining. Probably a gaming session will be made and set to Friends Only so I can keep track of who is up-to-date with the checkmarks and who is falling behind. The session will be linked to all of your through PM messages as well tomorrow. Please join it.

If anyone has questions just PM me and i'll try and clarify things.

Sure thats cool your in, I'm generally making the assumption people are playing 1-2 hours a day, although when people play a game we all go through it a different speeds so its a bit hard to know time wise.  So you'll have time to play other stuff if you don't want to focus this.  If the pacing we set is too fast or slow we'll adjust accordingly although i think its sensible to assume if like 8 of us have done something we're probably going at an ok pace.  The games apparently like Zelda so I think we got room for exploration if you end up reaching the checkpoint ealier then you hoped.  The checkpoints we're setting up are for main storyline only so any other play time is up to you.

I have been playing Okami since 3 days ago. Count me in! :D

My impression about this game is it is a wonderful and creative game I ever saw since Catherine. The design is lovely, control is good, the story is interesting. The most fun part is I can slash objects,create river and draw the sun with paint brush!!!A paint brush!!! :lol:

Here is my progress:

I just complete all missions in Kamiki Village. I am going to enter the area where previously blocked by the huge boulder.

By the way, when I report my progress here, should I post spoilers?I dont think I can avoid spoilers if I want to talk about certain mission,area or boss. :huh:

Edited by Shazarul1985

I have been playing Okami since 3 days ago. Count me in! :D

My impression about this game is it is a wonderful and creative game I ever saw since Catherine. The design is lovely, control is good, the story is interesting. The most fun part is I can slash objects,create river and draw the sun with paint brush!!!A paint brush!!! :lol:

Here is my progress:

I just complete all missions in Kamiki Village. I am going to enter the area where previously blocked by the huge boulder.

By the way, when I report my progress here, should I post spoilers?I dont think I can avoid spoilers if I want to talk about certain mission,area or boss. :huh:

Well the idea for the group is to play at the same time.

I don't know if you want to wait up for us or not, otherwise you can't really join in with the discussion as you'll just be ahead all the time and likely give spoilers.  I have no objections with you discussing things that we have encountered, but certainly don't mention anything in the game to us ahead of the point we are at.

We're starting saturday.

EDIT: Also I guess you could take a passive role and just discuss things we mention, its probably not a good idea to comment on your progress as that likely will be full of spoilers.

Edited by Superbuu3

I don't know if you want to wait up for us or not, otherwise you can't really join in with the discussion as you'll just be ahead all the time and likely give spoilers.  I have no objections with you discussing things that we have encountered, but certainly don't mention anything in the game to us ahead of the point we are at.

We're starting saturday.

EDIT: Also I guess you could take a passive role and just discuss things we mention, its probably not a good idea to comment on your progress as that likely will be full of spoilers.

Okay. I guess I will just read this thread silently. I dont want to spoil other users since I tend to go far into the game.

Please count me out. :)

I'd really like to be in on this. I've owned Okami for months but haven't found time to play it, largely because I rent a lot and am always playing my next rental. But a group to help motivate? Yes. I'm down if you'll have me. 1-2 hours a day, I read in an earlier post? I think I can do that. At least, I hope so. If I end up being the one guy slowing everyone down, leave me behind. :P

We're starting saturday.

I'll be kind of in the same boat. I will probably play ahead but I won't talk about anything that hasn't passed for the group :)