That game that would save the Vita?

Crespelio-X12

What Satoshi said. The simply fact of the matter is there are many great games for the Vita, and many more are coming its way. We've gotten the Danganronpa games (Which have done amazingly well on Vita here in the west, with another one coming our way), Persona 4: Golden, Hatsune Miku, Oreshika, Gravity Rush, Tearaway, Demon Gaze, Freedom Wars, the Hyperdimension Neptunia remakes, among others. The problem isn't "the Vita is dying", any more than "The PSP was dying" back when it was out. The problem is that you simply don't care for the games. That's a *HUGE* difference than a system "dying".

• Like 1

YES, VITA NEEDS TO BE SAVED!!! Vita needs western games! Vita needs another Uncharted (by now, even an Uncharted collection would shut me up!), a Far Cry, an Infamous, a Bioshock, another Need for Speed... And you, people who only enjoy Japanese games should stop trying to make us Western gamers feel stupid! Because we truly don't have games that we enjoy! Why can't we have a handheld with good western games? If I'm satisfied with my PS2, with my PS3 and with my PS4, why can't I be satisfied with my beloved PS Vita? Uncharted: Golden Abyss or Killzone Mercenary were amazing games. These are the games that Vita excels at and only those kinds of games could save it.

Edited by GoldenSurprise

I didn't read the rest of the posts because I thought it would be more of the same. I just thought I'd post my two cents.

The Vita isn't dead, but it won't thrive. All these types of threads either comes from the loud minority that are actually dissatisfied of the system or the 3DS fanboys that want to wave their dicks in the air because they finally have something to brag about.

I love my Vita. I play it everyday and I like to think I'm satisfied with the content on the system. The reason people don't want one is because it doesn't have any big names from franchises that they're familiar with. I think a lot of gamers these days are just uncomfortable with trying new games from brand new IPs that aren't heavily marketed to look good (Watch Dogs, Destiny, The Order).

It's mostly a JRPG/indie system and I love it. Unfortunately, those JRPGs aren't heavily advertised. From what I've seen, the only JRPGs a vast majority of gamers like are the ones that have been already milked to kingdom come on Nintendo platforms and Final Fantasy.

People are also getting so caught up in hype and graphics that nobody wants to play games that are just flat out enjoyable. I think the Vita has a crap ton of enjoyable games, but the PS4 and Xbone have taken center stage and nobody wants to move away from these "blockbuster" titles to try something new. Also why indie games aren't doing well. Yacht Club games were very happy that Shovel Knight sold 300k, but Bloodborne already got to a million in a fraction of the time.

And let's not mention the fans because they're starting to cave in to; whether they're just gamers or PlayStation fanboys. I want the Vita to get its own games to feel unique from others, but all I've seen from people is port begging. Ever since FFType-0 HD slapped Vita owners across the face, everyone is now just holding out for every Vita game to come to PS4. I even had an argument with a forum member who wanted Killzone Mercenary on the PS4. I thought he was joking, but he was being serious. If you are interested in the content on Vita so much then why do you still not want one?

I love my Vita; I play it everyday. But at this point, I feel it's futile. It pains me to say it but I think the Vita will never thrive unless an overhyped GTA game comes to Vita exclusively.

Anyways, rant over. Carry on.

• Like 4

Why do you think the vita needs saving in the first place, it's beaten 3ds and ps4 a few times in sales in Japan, which is the main focus of the console anyways. If you don't like Japanese games your not benefiting of the console 100% anyway.

The console was touted as a worldwide console (When it released), for them to care about Japan only they would lose money. 

Edited by BearShark

The Vita shouldn't just consist of indies and JRPGs games right now.

Yeah, diversity is the key. The vita has a strong lack of diversity but people just don't want to accept that. No console can live on a single genre alone. The 360,Wii, PS2, Xbox One, PS4 and the PS1 could have not succeed without diversity. 

Neptunia with Senran Kagura mechanics.

Wait...

It's gonna be out in a month. Okay, no problem.

Okay, here we go again... people just seriously stop with these threads... it's the SAME CRAP OVER AND OVER.

It's been discussed too many times. Your view of "saving" the Vita is becoming casual western handheld.

Why? It does its purpose in Japan so why would they change it because of less important market?

It's a handheld for Japanese players and accessory to PS4 for western players. That is and always has been the purpose of Vita.

No it wasn't.

Edited by BearShark
  • Like 2

If you buy a console without knowing the audience it's targeting then that's your fault. If you had a 3DS would you make threads complaining about mario and pokemon games ? These threads make absolutely no sense.

People brought this console at launch, if they had know the outcome of the vita, Sony would have lost sales. 

So I just went around researching the line up for the Vita in EU and US. Most of the games are from western companies as the console is touted to be international. If people knew the Vita was going to decline into a few genres, do you think it would have even sold a 1 million? 

PS Vita Software Lineup:

SCEA Launch Day Titles

Escape Plan (PSN Only)

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational

Hustle Kings (PSN Only)

Little Deviants

ModNation Racers: Road Trip

Super StarDust Delta (PSN only)

UNCHARTED: Golden Abyss

wipEout 2048

Launch Window Titles

Gravity Rush

MLB 12 The Show

Reality Fighters

Unit 13

Third Party Publisher Launch Day Titles

Army Corps of Hell Square Enix, Inc. Asphalt Injection Ubisoft, Inc. BEN10 GALACTIC RACING D3 Publisher of America Blazblue: Continuum Shift EXTEND Aksys Games Localization, Inc. Dungeon Hunter Alliance Ubisoft, Inc. Dynasty Warriors Next Tecmo Koei America Corporation F1 2011 Codemasters EA SPORTS FIFA Soccer Electronic Arts, Inc. Lumines Electronic Symphony Ubisoft, Inc. Michael Jackson The Experience Ubisoft, Inc. Plants vs. Zombies (PSN Only) Sony Online Entertainment LLC Rayman Origins Ubisoft, Inc. Shinobido 2: Revenge of Zen Namco Bandai Games America Inc. Tales of Space: Mutant Blobs (PSN Only) Drinkbox Studios Touch My Katamari Namco Bandai Games America Inc. Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 Capcom Entertainment, Inc. Virtua Tennis 4: World Tour Edition Sega of America

Launch Window Titles

LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7 Warner Bros. Interactive Ent. Inc. Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention NIS America, Inc. NINJA GAIDEN ∑ PLUS Tecmo Koei America Corporation Ridge Racer Namco Bandai Games America Inc. Silent Hill Book of Memories Konami Digital Ent. America, Inc. Supremacy MMA: Unrestricted 505 Games

Edited by BearShark
  • Like 1

Yeah, diversity is the key. The vita has a strong lack of diversity but people just don't want to accept that. No console can live on a single genre alone. The 360,Wii, PS2, Xbox One, PS4 and the PS1 could have not succeed without diversity. 

I believe that some people just have no idea how business works and thus fail to see the bigger picture here. So it's no use trying to enlighten them because they won't accept the truth, you're only wasting your time.

I believe that some people just have no idea how business works and thus fail to see the bigger picture here. So it's no use trying to enlighten them because they won't accept the truth, you're only wasting your time.

True but people need to understand that logic dictates all and I wish the Vita was a powerhouse marvel. 

You are right. It's just that the ones on Vita are called Disgaea, Ys and Atelier and not Mario, Pokemon and Zelda. That's one factor that scares people away.

I don't think anyone said that, they were just saying that the Vita has very little diversity when it comes to games. No one said they were against RPGs on the Vita, I don't get why so many of you are so offended by this  :hmm:

I always find it kinda funny when people complain over the lack of "AAA" titles on the vita and seem to forget that alot of "AAA" games lately have been rather underwhelming. While I wouldn't mind seeing some big name games come to the VITA id prefer to get big name games made exclusively for the VITA and not just some toned down port that I'll probably pick up on console. To be honest tho I'm rather glad that the VITA has become a haven for RPGs and indie games, the 3DS is sorely lacking RPGs and the 3DS store is so abysmal I can't be bothered to buy what few good indie games it has.

I don't think anything can save the Vita at this point.

The abundance of gimmicks on the vita like the back touch pad and the overpriced SD Memory cards make the vita's price inflated, when you can get an arguably better portable device, the DS, for half that price.

What Sony needs is a new portable device. I don't know when, and I don't know how. It needs to do away with the gimmicks, use the average £10 SD card, and have triggers as well as shoulder buttons (to make it the perfect crossplay device).

To answer your question though, maybe a GTA? Honestly the Vita is too niche for most gamers, if you don't like Indies or JRPGs, I don't think a single GTA game will help for long.

Games are just too expensive to fit the vita quality and the handheld (not to mention vita) market is just too small to support it

Yeah, its like please invest millions into the Vita and make a game people who don't own the console have because they'll buy the console for one game.

Seriously I wish people would think what they say through. What the Vita does it does well and I certainly don't regret buying one.

• Like 1

The Vita needs more games like Gravity Rush.  It is struggling to find games that define it, and/or are made specifically for the system.

Uncharted, KillZone, Final Fantasy, etc, are great and all, but they are not originally for the VITA.

I bought my VITA because I wanted to play games like Gravity Rush, but now all I'm getting are indies and JRPGs.  I like these types of games too, but there is very little variation week to week.

I think you guys are overestimating the cost to make a Vita game. The Indie devs on PC have no problem dishing out beautifully detailed games and its pretty much some dude working in his basement (well probably a small team of people but you get the point). Not every game needs to be from a big name IP with licensed music like GTA. lol

You can make a more budget conscious game like the games on PSP for example, many of those were bite size versions of AAA games meant for the portable experience.

What we are getting now aside from Japanese games is extremely underwhelming though. :/

Edited by Hailst0rm_2