That game that would save the Vita?

Crespelio-X12

I don't think anything can save the Vita at this point.

The abundance of gimmicks on the vita like the back touch pad and the overpriced SD Memory cards make the vita's price inflated, when you can get an arguably better portable device, the DS, for half that price.

What Sony needs is a new portable device. I don't know when, and I don't know how. It needs to do away with the gimmicks, use the average £10 SD card, and have triggers as well as shoulder buttons (to make it the perfect crossplay device).

To answer your question though, maybe a GTA? Honestly the Vita is too niche for most gamers, if you don't like Indies or JRPGs, I don't think a single GTA game will help for long.

Edited by Saltyie

In its first year it had an exclusive Uncharted, COD, Assassin's Creed, Littlebigplanet and Batman game. Sure 3/5 weren't great but people didn't know that at the time. So if those 5 games couldn't "save" the vita then no one game now will.

But as stated it is a powerhouse in RPGs and indys so those fans will be happy.

• Like 1

A lot of the greatest games for the Vita actually use that back touch pad. Though I'd definitely say that the price of the memory cards (which if you look at them, aren't SD cards) needs to go down.

But most great vita games could just as easily replace the back touch pad bits with a single button press, or even a swipe of the front touch pad. I think a big reason the Vita didn't do as well as it did is because the price is too high, and that is because it has gimmicks crammed up the ying yang. Buttons are easier to use and are more responsive.

Sony has ignored the Vita way too much. Nothing can save it at this moment. I reckon all future releases will be Indies, JRPG's and ports. I'm dissapointed about this tbh, but I have enjoyed the games I have played so far and have spent 1000+ hours on the system. My purchase was worth it and I'm happy :)

• Like 1

You're basically saying that the Vita needs to be saved, but the Vita seems to just be a reverse 360 case; the 360 was mainly popular in the US, while the Vita is mainly popular in Japan and not so popular here in the US (don't know about EU).

That reminds me of Soul Sacrifice, which was fairly popular in Japan but not so much here. Of the half million sales of the game, 50% were for Japan and the rest divided up between the US, Europe, and the rest of the world. The platinum rarity rate for the Japanese version is 20.01% while the Western release is at 7.42%. Every time new Vita trophy lists release on here, you see Japanese titles being released by the dozen. The problem is Western gamers and developers don't see they have a great handheld system even if they were hit upside the head with it. Japan apparently does.

Edited by damon8r351
  • Like 2

If they wanted to save it they would have by now. Nothing is stopping them from releasing more games like Uncharted, Infamous, GOW etc. They realised they made a massive cock up with the device and now have indie devs releasing their games on it which is basically keeping it above water. Having said that I don't regret buying a vita and i'm contempt with the games that are on it

• Like 1

If they wanted to save it they would have by now. Nothing is stopping them from releasing more games like Uncharted, Infamous, GOW etc. They realised they made a massive cock up with the device and now have indie devs releasing their games on it which is basically keeping it above water. Having said that I don't regret buying a vita and i'm contempt with the games that are on it

The only problem with handheld versions of known & popular consoles series, is they kind of suck ass. And the ones that don't are inevitably ports. It's less "Assassin's Creed: The Integral Handheld Adventure" and more "The Side Adventures of Assy Creed". And it's been like that since the Game Boy days.

Let me add something else: That's the reason why everyone thinks the Vita is floundering. Handheld versions of popular series suck ass, and everyone knows they suck ass, even the developers who make them and see the sales returns. That's why you haven't seen them so often now. Sure, people are going to say, "Well Vita's become the dumping ground for Japanese games and I really don't like Japanese games so much..." Really? So uh, how'd you Bloodborne and Demon Souls and The Evil Within and Metal Gear and Final Fantasy and Tales of Xillia and Resident Evil and etc etc etc until I stroke out.

(Ok yes, there's some weird pervy Japanese shit on the Vita like Senran Kagura, I get that, but you know it when you see it.)

Edited by damon8r351
  • Like 2

As many stated before, it would be almost impossible to save it by now (trust me I would love to be proven wrong) specially with only one game. The only way I think some damage control could be done would be having a second phase like the psp did.

When the psp seemed to be dying, Sony launched Gran Turismo and a second GoW, Square Enix launched 3rd Birthday; KH Birth By Sleep and Final Fantasy Dissidia 1 & 2, Konami released MGS Peace Walker and Rockstar ported GTA China Wars. The problem is that all these developers that "saved" Sony once, already jumped ship on the Vita. Unless Sony starts supporting it again and tries to make alliances with other studios, I don't think the picture will change. I'm referring of course to AAA games

Edited by Zeltorkid

The Vita is past the point of being able to be saved. To change that Sony would have to go back in time and fix their lies and mistakes.

PS3 remote play should have been fully functional, Resistance Vita and CoD should have been made by their first party studios and not outsourced to some incompetent developer, Vita should not have included an expensive back touch pad and should have opted for R2/L2 buttons and maybe clickable analogs instead, Sony should have never let Nintendo steal monster hunter and the memory cards should have been standard micro SD cards.

To save it at this point they would have to release a wave of high quality exclusives 

(Uncharted, Jak and Daxter, God of War, MGS, Final Fantasy, etc.) 

Sadly that's not going to happen :/

A new Kingdom Hearts, new Patapon or an HD remake of the trilogy, a new FFVII entry or an HD remake of Crisis Core, another Persona game or they can just continue with a sequel to Persona 4 Golden (I would love more Rise ^^).

First Party games would be nice too a new Jak & Daxter would wreck shop ^^

Same with Ratchet & Clank

That Bioshock Vita game would Definitely sell units trust me :)

We also need to see the return of Crash with an exclusive Crash game on Vita

Also just an idea I've had for the past 4 years but an exclusive Vita game that focused on crossing different PlayStation universes would be a system seller. A game like PlayStation All Stars except instead of a smash clone they made the game into an adventure game. For example a level in Shambala would see you controlling Nate or some other PlayStation character in third person and having to take down some baddies in the Uncharted style. Or stealing an artifact in Sly's world as Nate ^^ Imagine Kratos in the Patapon Universe that would be awesome :) and that level would play out in the Patapon game style. A 2D sidescroller with the drums as your movement controls. Really the possibilities are endless and they could also incorporate other developers they have partnerships with could you imagine playing as Jac & Daxter in Destiny!

Does the Vita really need saving? There always seems to be new content available for it on the PSN Store, there might be less games available in retail stores but Sony did say they were concentrating on indie games for the Vita, which mostly only come via downloads.

A new Kingdom Hearts, new Patapon or an HD remake of the trilogy, a new FFVII entry or an HD remake of Crisis Core, another Persona game or they can just continue with a sequel to Persona 4 Golden (I would love more Rise ^^).

First Party games would be nice too a new Jak & Daxter would wreck shop ^^

Same with Ratchet & Clank

That Bioshock Vita game would Definitely sell units trust me :)

We also need to see the return of Crash with an exclusive Crash game on Vita

Also just an idea I've had for the past 4 years but an exclusive Vita game that focused on crossing different PlayStation universes would be a system seller. A game like PlayStation All Stars except instead of a smash clone they made the game into an adventure game. For example a level in Shambala would see you controlling Nate or some other PlayStation character in third person and having to take down some baddies in the Uncharted style. Or stealing an artifact in Sly's world as Nate ^^ Imagine Kratos in the Patapon Universe that would be awesome :) and that level would play out in the Patapon game style. A 2D sidescroller with the drums as your movement controls. Really the possibilities are endless and they could also incorporate other developers they have partnerships with could you imagine playing as Jac & Daxter in Destiny!

If only all of it was that easy...

Neptunia with Senran Kagura mechanics.

Wait...

It's gonna be out in a month. Okay, no problem.

Okay, here we go again... people just seriously stop with these threads... it's the SAME CRAP OVER AND OVER.

It's been discussed too many times. Your view of "saving" the Vita is becoming casual western handheld.

Why? It does its purpose in Japan so why would they change it because of less important market?

It's a handheld for Japanese players and accessory to PS4 for western players. That is and always has been the purpose of Vita.

I think the better question would be, "Which game/s would make the vita more popular/mainstream to the Western audience?"

Exactly this. This is the only discussion made in these threads.

It doesn't need saving, lol.  People are so melodramatic.

Oh, it wasn't me that said it first this time.

another Persona game or they can just continue with a sequel to Persona 4 Golden (I would love more Rise ^^).

Knowing Atlus, Persona 5 Platinum will be within 2 years of P5 release.

And... not many people would agree with more P4 milking =)

Especially when sequels to P4G (not counting epilogue) are P4 Arena and P4 Dancing.

Edited by Satoshi Ookami
  • Like 4