Guess the song from the lyrics

NotAFoxAnymore

I searched all over the forum and couldn't find a thread like this (if one exists let me know and I'll lock this or whatever)

Basically you post a line or two from any song you want, and the person below you has to guess what song it's from ^^

Also since this forum game is practically dead, if you don't know the answer to the above lyrics then you can pass and post your own

I'll start:

'This time around, yeah it's kinda final

Ride 'til you fall, then the...'

Edited by Akira-chan

It's either the Dutch national anthem or that "Freak Me" song but I don't remember who did either

"Oh my oh my, what a wretched life, I was born on the day that my poor mother died,

Was cut from her belly with a stanley knife while my daddy did a jig with the drunk midwife"

Clue: Australian (I think) singer songwriter

Nick Cave

They keep the bottles just to make glass houses, then climb up to the second floors just to throw rocks out it

Then expect not a volley in reply, some place vulnerable like prolly in the eye, what of the chicken, what is it missin, is it dry

Did it die in some inhumane condition so it didn't go relaxed, and the tension from it's demise pulled all the flavor from the fat

And made it flat and rather lifeless, well there's a place that has a stunning turbot, and more mercifully murdered Pisces

But barbaric are still the prices, it's rather niceless, apricot in dices and fromage slices

I don't even know

Guilt trippin and feelin resentment, I never met a transient that demanded attention, Got me frustrated, indecisive and power trippin

Sour emotions got me lookin at the universe different, I should distance myself, I should keep it relentless, my selfishness is what got me here, who the fuck I'm kiddin?

So imma tell you like I told the last bum, crumbs and pennies I need all of mines, and I recognize this type of panhandling all the time, I got better judgment, I know when they hustlin

Keep in mind, when I was struggling, I did compromise, now I comprehend, I smell Grandpas old medicine reeking from your skin, moonshine and gin, you're babbling,

Your words ain't flatterin, I'm imaginin' denzel but lookin at O'Neal, kazaam is sad thrills, your gimmick is mediocre, the jig is up, I seen you from a mile away losin focus

And I'm insensitive and I lack empathy, he looked at me and said "Your potential is bittersweet", I looked at him and said "Every nickel is mines to keep",

He looked at me and said "Know the truth, it'll set you free", you're lookin at the messiah, the son of Jehovah, the higher power, the choir that spoke the word, the holy spirit

the nerve of Nazareth, and I'll tell you just how much a dollar cost, the price of having a spot in heaven. embrace your loss, I am God

• 4 weeks later...

Ha! Disturbed, "Land of Confusion". (At least I knew that song before I found out what an @$$ Draiman is...& please don't pass on that I said that or he'll set his bloody rabid followers on me again. I used to be a Disturbed fan, anyway.)

The sun through the mist, as soft as a kiss

The warm morning breeze, the silver leaves wet with rain

Edited by Trialia_X

Ha! Disturbed, "Land of Confusion". (At least I knew that song before I found out what an @$$ Draiman is...& please don't pass on that I said that or he'll set his bloody rabid followers on me again. I used to be a Disturbed fan, anyway.)The sun through the mist, as soft as a kiss

*cringes a little* Half right, it's actually a cover of an 80's song by Genesis xD I do love Disturbed's cover though so it's okay c:

I don't know the answer to that though, I just felt the need to correct it so I'll post your lyrics again :P

Edited by Akira-chan

Fair enough; my apologies. My dad would have known that, but Genesis aren't really my genre. I would accept a cover, too, though... And reposting my own challenge to keep it at the end of the thread ;)

• Like 1

It's BtBaM's Informal Gluttony, I'll do a more well known song now

Call me crazy but I had this vision, one day that, I'd walk amongst you a regular civilian, but, until then songs get killed then,

I'm coming straight at, Mc's, blood get spilled then, I'll take it back to the days that Id get on a dre track, either get killed or play back, Pump the feeling, is what you can say back, to the kids that played em, I ain't here to save the fucking children

But if one kid out of a hundred million, who are going through the struggles feels and relates, that's great, it's payback, Russel Wilson

Falling way back in the draft, turn nothing into something, still can make that, straw into gold chump, I will spin, rumpelstiltskin in a hay stack, maybe I need a straight jacket, face facts, I am nuts for reeal, but I'm okay with that

Edited by coldkillaaaaaaaa

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...