Official PSNP Song Vote II

Dav9834

Be Sure to Watch the Mashup Video First to Hear all the Contestants Songs! (Multiple choice allowed)  

60 members have voted

1. 1. Be Sure to Watch the Mashup Video First to Hear all the Contestants Songs! Which songs did you like the most? Multiple choices are allowed

• #1 - カラフル - Magibeat Remix
    • #2 - Edwin Starr - War
    • #3 - Johnny Cash - Hurt
    • #4 - Yousei Teikoku - Astral Dogma - 妖精帝國
    • #5 - [MAYU] - An Earnest Unrequited Love, Wanting to Make it Bear a Little Happiness
    • #6 - M83 - Midnight City
    • #7 - Ennio Morricone - The Ecstacy of Gold
    • #8 - Bon Jovi - Living on a Prayer
    • #9 - The Black Eyed Peas - Let's Get it Started
    • #10 - Violent Soho - Covered in Chrome
    • #11 - The Seatbelts - Space Lion
    • #12 - CHVRCHES - Science/Visions
    • #13 - Queen - Bohemian Rhapsody
    • #14 - Izumi Makura x Mabanua - Shiritai
    • #15 - Nano - KALEIDOSCOPE
    • #16 - The Beatles - Hey Jude
    • #17 - 20syl - Voices feat. Rita J.
    • #18 - Every Time I Die - Underwater Bimbos From Outer Space
    • #19 - MAN WITH A MISSION - Seven Deadly Sins
    • #20 - Vanic X Zella Day - Hypnotic

Two song spots left!

I'll let it continue until we have a full set of 20 songs :)

There must be plenty of people that want to post but are on the fence, this is your chance! :) . Let's have some fun!

TWO song spots left,

I'll let it continue until we have a full set of 20 videos  :)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Why I created Song Vote-

I'd also like to say something that I've only brought up to some members in PMs. Before now, I didn't want to clutter up the first post anymore than it already is. But the reason why I created Song Vote is because although there's other threads with songs, this allows us and myself(I'm not selfless!   :) ) to hear songs that people really loved, allowing us to find new music to love for ourselves. And with the mashup video of songs, people get a good idea whether they'll like a song or not. So don't think about winning, I don't(although I'd like to have one of the trophies I made   B) ). I think more about the nostalgia of forgotten songs, and the joy that brings with the new ones that I find and listen to regularly now. I hope everyone just has a good time, and find music they like because of Song Vote! Ok I think I rambled on long enough.... I hope that made sense...    :)

-David

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited by Dav9834

Ok, since Dav is currently off-line, I'll takeover for a quick second. :P

We've now hit the 20 song cap, so now we just need to wait for Dav to make the mashup video & open the polls, may the best song win! good-luck-onion-head-emoticon.gif?129286

Edited by Masamune_316
  • Like 2

Ok, since Dav is currently off-line, I'll takeover for a quick second. :P

We've now hit the 20 song cap, so now we just need to wait for Dav to make the mashup video & open the polls, may the best song win! good-luck-onion-head-emoticon.gif?129286

Thanks Masamune!!!  :D

After my emotional write up about why I started Song Vote I needed to take a nap lol. Besides I was up really late last night making custom video overlays for the mashup, so it was probably a good idea anyway. Unfortunately the overlays aren't ready this week despite my best efforts :S . So I'm using some preset ones, but the custom ones should be ready by next week! Now to spend the rest of the day and night making this video. :)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

~Sweeping Declaration~

New rules are thrown out the window FOREVER!

From now on it will just be a 20 song cap, with one large window.

I haven't decided on the start time yet, as I want to look at all the time zones and see what might be best for everyone.  :D

But besides that, I'm keeping it simple. It annoyed others, and it was a lot more work for us and me anyway!

Hope this change doesn't hurt anyone, but instead only helps everyone in the end! :)

-David

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited by Dav9834
  • Like 3

I haven't decided on the start time yet, as I want to look at all the time zones and see what might be best for everyone.  :D

Well, looking at all the time zones, it's kinda hard to be fair for everyone. Since most of the users on this site are either in the US or EU, I'd probably make the start time around 12AM EDT (maybe 1AM), that would be late night for most of the US, early morning in EU. I don't think we'd get to 20 entries very fast anyways, so there should be enough time for different time zones to enter.

• Like 1

Well, looking at all the time zones, it's kinda hard to be fair for everyone. Since most of the users on this site are either in the US or EU, I'd probably make the start time around 12AM EDT (maybe 1AM), that would be late night for most of the US, early morning in EU. I don't think we'd get to 20 entries very fast anyways, so there should be enough time for different time zones to enter.

I haven't looked into it too much yet, been making the video. Tired lol. Its rendering now and voting should be up in the next 30ish minutes! Ya I'm running late :)

Voting is Live!

Edited by Dav9834

Must... resist urge... to vote for own song... wait-onion-head-emoticon.gif?1292862524

It didn't click that if I submitted one of my favorite songs, I wasn't allowed to vote for it... it hurts. desperate2-onion-head-emoticon.gif?12928

But your video turned out pretty good, Dav. You're now allowed to sleep. :P Oh, & just out of curiosity, what program did you use to make it?

• Like 1

Must... resist urge... to vote for own song... wait-onion-head-emoticon.gif?1292862524

It didn't click that if I submitted one of my favorite songs, I wasn't allowed to vote for it... it hurts. desperate2-onion-head-emoticon.gif?12928

But your video turned out pretty good, Dav. You're now allowed to sleep. :P Oh, & just out of curiosity, what program did you use to make it?

Lmao!! I know the feeling! Last time I really wanted to vote for the world is saved, especially sense it didn't get any lol.

Got bury the pain!

I used Sony Movie Studio Platinum 12. It's decent, better than most sub $100 programs. But I really want adobe premiere and adobe after effects cs4/5/or 6. I already have most of the rest from a friend that got me a student discount. But now it's this monthly cost, and I'm just not into doing that. Costing more in the long run just doesn't sit well for me, especially sense I don't 'usually' use them for profit. You can still get the student discount for cs6 but, it's a bundle for like $500ish. I'm content with my program for now. It's not Sony vegas (expensive like adobe) though either, but a video editor friend that works for a news station said he'd go for adobe premiere over vegas any day, so I don't consider it an option, and my program works fine enough :) for now....

And yup, I need to crash badly! And I have to wake up earlyish to do some painting(gotta pay the bills!).

On that note,

Happy Voting Everyone! 

• Like 1

I used Sony Movie Studio Platinum 12. It's decent, better than most sub $100 programs. But I really want adobe premiere and adobe after effects cs4/5/or 6. I already have most of the rest from a friend that got me a student discount. But now it's this monthly cost, and I'm just not into doing that. Costing more in the long run just doesn't sit well for me, especially sense I don't 'usually' use them for profit. You can still get the student discount for cs6 but, it's a bundle for like $500ish. I'm content with my program for now. It's not Sony vegas (expensive like adobe) though either, but a video editor friend that works for a news station said he'd go for adobe premiere over vegas any day, so I don't consider it an option, and my program works fine enough :) for now....

I have some experience with photo editing with Gimp, but I don't have much experience in video editing. I do have one program that came with my PC though (Power Directer 8), I don't know if it's any good or not, but I looked through it & it has a lot of effects in it. Oh, & the SHAREfactory program on PS4 is pretty good, too bad you can't use videos from your PC with it (I don't think you can anyways, I never tried).

• Like 1

I have some experience with photo editing with Gimp, but I don't have much experience in video editing. I do have one program that came with my PC though (Power Directer 8), I don't know if it's any good or not, but I looked through it & it has a lot of effects in it. Oh, & the SHAREfactory program on PS4 is pretty good, too bad you can't use videos from your PC with it (I don't think you can anyways, I never tried).

Yup good ol Gimp! If I'm not doing any heavy editing cause I'm lazy(which is common lol), I've found samsungs built in Android app is actually pretty powerful considering, and I know there's probably a bunch that are better on the store. I've never heard of that video editor, but if I ever upgrade to premiere I'll give you the sony editor I'm using :) . I don't know anyone else that would use it, so it'd just be redundant software. For video editing you really need essentially a gaming pc to really have it flow well though. Not that it can't be done on lesser, it just takes a lot longer, especially the rendering.

And jeez it's so hard being the creator and not saying "I really hope x song wins first". But more importantly I hope more people vote, otherwise that's a lot of trophies I'm going to have to make lol. So many great songs.

Why don't you make a version of this song vote but with game music? I think that would be pretty cool.

I thought I swore I responded to this before passing out... Well anyway. That's a good idea! :) Though you can post video game music here too, technically you could sing karaoke into your mic on your computer and it'll be accepted lol :D! Any music is a go!! Let me get this situated sense I'm still working out the kinks, and then I'll start looking into more specific versions. :) Thanks for the good idea!

Edited by Dav9834

hmmmm... just a thought/idea... is it possible for next round to have a specific theme or something like in SotM? not complaining/whining about the current list but hearing 20 different songs with different genres is really giving me hard time to choose which I liked the most :3

• Like 4

hmmmm... just a thought/idea... is it possible for next round to have a specific theme or something like in SotM? not complaining/whining about the current list but hearing 20 different songs with different genres is really giving me hard time to choose which I liked the most :3

I have considered this, I personally like the different genres, but it is difficult to choose only a few(I think I voted for about 8 of them :) ). So it may come to pass. :)

• Like 1