Divinity: Original Sin Enhanced Edition Coming To PS4

Divinity: Original Sin is getting brought to PS4 from the PC sometime in the near future in an Enhanced Edition with all sorts of new stuff. No release date yet, but here's a link to the original game website as well as a link to the console edition for all interested. I enjoyed isometric-view party-driven RPGs like Baldur's Gate back in the day and this game seems to have gotten lots of praise, so I'll definitely keep an eye out for a release date.

• Like 1

Isn't this the first time this game is actually getting console release?

Yes, "enhanced" in this case means they're adding stuff to the original version that was a PC exclusive. Although I doubt they'll include the ability to make and post your own downloadable scenarios like the PC version does, but if they did, how awesome would that be? It'd be like Neverwinter Nights all over again.

Edited by damon8r351

Oh, awesome!  The game was a lot of fun on PC (though I didn't get terribly far), but some of the coop mechanics disappointed me.  Can't remember why necessarily, but something about it was enough to soil the experience.  The focus on local coop and making the game fully voiced are two biggies for me, and should go a long way to remedying my few criticisms. :)

Edited by PleaseHoldOn

Oh, awesome!  The game was a lot of fun on PC (though I didn't get terribly far), but some of the coop mechanics disappointed me.  Can't remember why necessarily, but something about it was enough to soil the experience.  The focus on local coop and making the game fully voiced are two biggies for me, and should go a long way to remedying my few criticisms. :)

One thing I really disliked about the PC version was how the dialogue boxes for certain co-op parts weren't done well: you wouldn't see what the NPCs were talking/what the other player was saying and only had "waiting for other player to make a decision" (or something) text until they did so. This was fixed in an update later, I believe?

One thing I really disliked about the PC version was how the dialogue boxes for certain co-op parts weren't done well: you wouldn't see what the NPCs were talking/what the other player was saying and only had "waiting for other player to make a decision" (or something) text until they did so. This was fixed in an update later, I believe?

Very possible.  As much as I liked the game, it didn't take me very long to move on from it.