Thoughts on The Witcher III Trophies

The trophies look like your average RPG trophy list. There are some trophies for the story, difficulty, combat, abilities, quests, leveling up, exploring, and collectables. And that plat image is so lame. I expected that wolf emblem to be the plat.

What could have been:

1335935385_The_Witcher_logo.jpg

What we got as a plat:

1L109344.png

Edited by Dragon-Archon
  • Like 3

The trophies look like your average RPG trophy list. Story-related, difficulty-related, combat-related, ability-related, quest-related, level-related, exploring-related, and collectable-related trophies. And that plat image is so lame. I expected that wolf emblem to be the plat. What could have been

1335935385_The_Witcher_logo.jpg

Man, this would be a badass plat image for this game.

Having never played one of the Witcher games I can't say how annoying the difficulty trophies will be for some...

Seems to have game within a game trophies which I dislike. Whatever gwent is I'm going to assume it's a game like they had you do in Rage or Assassin's Creed III.

I wonder if the Difficulty Trophies stack? I'm sure by now they should...

32Sb024ba.png Globetrotter
Discover 100 fast travel points.

Idk why but when I see trophies like this^ it always seems like it's going to be more difficult than a simple "Bronze" would let on lol.

All in all it looks like a good trophy list. No MP/Online from what I see? So maybe it's Plat will be less straining to obtain.

43S0e1787.png Munchkin
Reach character development level 35.

^Now why in the hell couldn't Dragon's Dogma have trophies for levels? 35? pfft. DD has 200.  :facepalm:

Edited by Avatar_Of_Battle
  • Like 1

Man, this would be a badass plat image for this game.

I know, right. That's the kind of image I was hoping for to one day put in the trophy cabinet. Instead we got a lame lock and key

Now why in the hell could Dragon's Dogma not have trophies for levels? 35? pfft. DD has 200.  :facepalm:

Dragon's Dogma has no trophies for reaching levels. And getting to lvl 200 isn't that hard. If you're interested, I added a method to level up very fast in the guide.

What an awful platinum image...

Oh well, Im excited for the game and I'll start on the hardest difficulty available.

You're complaining about a trophy image when you should be complaining about the shitty animation this game has. Four days until release and they still haven't fixed that goddamn horse.

2 edgy 4 me

• Like 1

You're complaining about a trophy image when you should be complaining about the shitty animation this game has. Four days until release and they still haven't fixed that goddamn horse.

I didn't know about that. Also a game usually goes gold (= ready to be copied, shipped, and sold) one month before the release, so anything after that will be fixed with a patch.

What an awful platinum image...

Oh well, Im excited for the game and I'll start on the hardest difficulty available.

Woohoo, another gamer who appreciates nice plats :highfive:. It's time for me to get a PS4.

• Like 1

I didn't know about that. Also a game usually goes gold (= ready to be copied, shipped, and sold) one month before the release, so anything after that will be fixed with a patch.

Woohoo, another gamer who appreciates nice plats :highfive:. It's time for me to get a PS4.

Well that inevitable Day One patch better fix that goddamn horse because that is the ugliest damn animation I have ever seen on an animal.

Dragon's Dogma has no trophies for reaching levels. And getting to lvl 200 isn't that hard. If you're interested, I added a method to level up very fast in the guide.

I wasn't paying attention when I was typing and screwed up my wording lol sorry about that. I fixed it. I was more annoyed that DD didn't have trophies for leveling up not that it did as I originally worded it.

I don't have a problem leveling up. I platted the game a few days ago and am currently going through bitterblack isle. Almost 150 and just took out Daimon V2. I just keep going from the offline Ur-Dragon and back through Bitterblack Isle for fun until I hit 200. :P

------------------------------

Aside from the trophy list...I like the banner this game has. 

If I ever get a PS4 I will likely pick this game up. By then it should be about half or less of what it released at.

Thanks! At first I chose the keyart with the gray background, but then I found this one :D It's so nice

By the way, if any of the banner/header images for new trophy lists look... stretched or cut off... That's sort of a temporary thing, lol I can't really get into specifics as to why  :P

Edited by BlindMango
  • Like 3

I wasn't paying attention when I was typing and screwed up my wording lol sorry about that. I fixed it. I was more annoyed that DD didn't have trophies for leveling up not that it did as I originally worded it.

I don't have a problem leveling up. I platted the game a few days ago and am currently going through bitterblack isle. Almost 150 and just took out Daimon V2. I just keep going from the offline Ur-Dragon and back through Bitterblack Isle for fun until I hit 200. :P

------------------------------

If I ever get a PS4 I will likely pick this game up. By then it should be about half or less of what it released at.

Lol :lol:, ok. farming Death and Daimon are the fastest way to get to 200. And yeah Btterblack Isle is a lot of fun, especially after beating Daimon for the first time.

I agree, that banner is awesome. If you like RPGs you should definitely check the Witcher series out.

Thanks! At first I chose the keyart with the gray background, but then I found this one :D It's so nice

By the way, if any of the banner/header images for new trophy lists look... stretched or cut off... That's sort of a temporary thing, lol I can't really get into specifics as to why  :P

You're welcome. Definitely a great choice for the banner. If I ever get this game it'll probably be the one I keep on my profile for a while. xD

I like it because it's clean looking and since there isn't else much going on it just stand out more.

Lol :lol:, ok. farming Death and Daimon are the fastest way to get to 200. And yeah Btterblack Isle is a lot of fun, especially after beating Daimon for the first time.

I agree, that banner is awesome. If you like RPGs you should definitely check the Witcher series out.

Death...is a pain in my ass lol. Easily the hardest enemy for me to beat. If I hit 200 I'll be adding my character to the pawn thread over there. 

I wanted to check the Witcher series out but apparently this is the first game Sony got...so if I have to research a bit to understand this game I'm going to do that.

• Like 1

Difficulty Trophies: √

Contract/Quests Trophies: √

Collectables Trophies: √

Seems like your basic RPG trophy list. I'll assume "Death March" difficulty isn't available from the jump. Estimated 40-60 hour platinum; considering the story, collectables, and overall size of the in-game world. Once I clear an extremely larger portion of my backlog, I'll likely purchase this title. Of course, they'll be DLC, so I could wait until a GotY Edition is available.

Estimated Platinum Rarity: 8%

They're complaining about the trophy image because this is a thread for thoughts on the trophies not about a digital horse that you speak as though it's going to make or break the game.

OT: It seems like a very objective oriented list. Given how RPGs work I'd say a handful of these could be missable. Also, It's a good thing they gave Olaf a formal title. The first thing that came to my mind was "I'm gonna burn that snowman to the fucking ground!" :shakefist:

Death...is a pain in my ass lol. Easily the hardest enemy for me to beat. If I hit 200 I'll be adding my character to the pawn thread over there. 

I wanted to check the Witcher series out but apparently this is the first game Sony got...so if I have to research a bit to understand this game I'm going to do that.

2 words: blast arrows. Those will bounce Death up and down as if he's on a trampoline... one that does quite a lot of damage and "kills" him (it?) every time :eyebrow:.

Maybe not that ugly, but it's still an eyesore.

That's a relief. DAI mounts are terrible, but they do come in handy when you need to jump down 100 meters and survive. Immortal mounts are the best ;).

2 words: blast arrows. Those will bounce Death up and down as if he's on a trampoline... one that does quite a lot of damage and "kills" him (it?) every time :eyebrow:.

Naturally...my character is a Sorcerer...

---------------------------------------

Looking at the trophy list a bit more...

It seems there are 7 trophies until the "Beat the game at this difficulty" trophy is listed.

This is usually how I base a game's story length and this makes it seem like that unless each section is long this game has a relatively short story?

Hopefully the side trophies take up a fair amount of time to make the main part take longer.

I actually like that platinum image :unsure: But yeah, it could have definitely been something else such as that emblem.

How is that possible :o???

Looking at the trophy list a bit more...

It seems there are 7 trophies until the "Beat the game at this difficulty" trophy is listed.

This is usually how I base a game's story length and this makes it seem like that unless each section is long this game has a relatively short story?

Hopefully the side trophies take up a fair amount of time to make the main part take longer.

Not necessarily, Ni No Kuni also has 7 story-related trophies and the story takes about 35 hours to complete.

Not necessarily, Ni No Kuni also has 7 story-related trophies and the story takes about 35 hours to complete.

That's another game on my shelf waiting...

I suppose the only thing to do is wait and see. I don't know much about the games to judge how long they are.

In the end my times are always much slower because I can't help but wander around or fight more than I should.

Still going to end up playing this if I end up with a PS4. If anything just for that banner lmfao.

• Like 1