Thoughts on The Witcher III Trophies

Difficulty Trophies: √

Contract/Quests Trophies: √

Collectables Trophies: √

Seems like your basic RPG trophy list. I'll assume "Death March" difficulty isn't available from the jump. Estimated 40-60 hour platinum; considering the story, collectables, and overall size of the in-game world. Once I clear an extremely larger portion of my backlog, I'll likely purchase this title. Of course, they'll be DLC, so I could wait until a GotY Edition is available.

Estimated Platinum Rarity: 8%

Card Collector

Acquire all gwent cards available in the base version of the game

DLC -> confirmed

And that plat image is so lame. I expected that wolf emblem to be the plat.

What could have been:

1335935385_The_Witcher_logo.jpg

YES, DA! I agree! That's one bad ass looking wolf emblem.

**any chance for CD Projekt RED to patch this one up,..?  :hmm: ...........pleeeeease  :eyebrow: 

you should be complaining about the shitty animation this game has. Four days until release and they still haven't fixed that goddamn horse.

I thought I was the only one who noticed it when they released that 2min++ The Sword of Destiny trailer. (thankfully am not alone) 

My take and humble opinion was., "are you kidding me.? with all this visuals, weather effects, lightning and  :hmm: that "growing beard" thingy that IGN kept on talking about, we have a horse here that would get some booty slapping with THE SHADOW OF THE COLOSSUS (Agro/Aguro) horse animation "from the PS2 :facepalm: ".

:down: But then again, @BlueFlare down here is correct as well. 

They're complaining about the trophy image because this is a thread for thoughts on the trophies not about a digital horse that you speak as though it's going to make or break the game.

----------------

would be my first Witcher game but boy am excited  :D 

Have a great weekend everyone!

GOD Bless!

-Razgriz

Edited by xf22Razgriz
  • Like 2

I thought I was the only one who noticed it when they released that 2min++ The Sword of Destiny trailer. (thankfully am not alone) 

My take and humble opinion was., "are you kidding me.? with all this visuals, weather effects, lightning and  :hmm: that "growing beard" thingy that IGN kept on talking about, we have a horse here that would get some booty slapping with THE SHADOW OF THE COLOSSUS (Agro/Aguro) horse animation "from the PS2 :facepalm: ".

As I said before, there isn't a game on the market that can seem to get horse animation right, hell human animation to a point. Naughty Dog being the exception to that, and even with them horse animation is kind of shitty. It just breaks all the immersion when you have beautiful scenery and amazing animation, and then this giant ass horse comes walking in looking like he got a thorn stuck up his balls.

Hardest difficulty looks a bit spooky, we'll have to wait and see how hard that is. Looks like a rather basic list overall which i appreciate in this case, this way i'll be able to do everything at my own pace.

As I said before, there isn't a game on the market that can seem to get horse animation right, hell human animation to a point. Naughty Dog being the exception to that, and even with them horse animation is kind of shitty. It just breaks all the immersion when you have beautiful scenery and amazing animation, and then this giant ass horse comes walking in looking like he got a thorn stuck up his balls.

How do you feel about red dead redemptions horses? They spent tons of resources getting each muscle and limb of the horse to move exactly as it should.

• Like 2

YES, DA! I agree! That's one bad ass looking wolf emblem.

**any chance for CD Projekt RED to patch this one up,..?  :hmm: ...........pleeeeease  :eyebrow: 

That would be awesome, but I doubt it'll ever happen. Maybe one of the expansion trophies will have that wolf emblem as an image. *fingers crossed*.

I thought the horse animation in Darksiders 1 was ok, but then again I was paying more attention to the horse's fiery effects :lol:.

Well that inevitable Day One patch better fix that goddamn horse because that is the ugliest damn animation I have ever seen on an animal.

Ugliest???

Umm... Maybe you've forgotten the horse animation in games such as Gun, Assassins creed 1,2 and Brotherhood.

I agree that some games going back 5 years or so like Red Dead Redeption have much more life like features on thier horses,

I also agree that by todays standered thier a little lacking, but your going way overboard with the this, i mean you've made your "point" twice now...

Let it go and just enjoy the game like the rest of us KNOW we all will.

Live Long and GAME ON!!!

2 expansions have been confirmed besides the day 1 free DLCs. According to the devs those paid expansions add around 30 hours of gameplay each.

I watched a Playstation Access interview like 3 days ago with one of the developers of The Witcher III and one of the Q&A questions were about the post release DLCs and he said that they don't believe in charging for new content on the base game, so yea confirmed, NO paid DLCs

YAY!!! :D

The trophies look like your average RPG trophy list. There are some trophies for the story, difficulty, combat, abilities, quests, leveling up, exploring, and collectables. And that plat image is so lame. I expected that wolf emblem to be the plat.

What could have been:

1335935385_The_Witcher_logo.jpg

What we got as a plat:

1L109344.png

If that wolf emblem was the plat it would definitely being going in the trophy cabinet.

That aside i just bought a PS4 today getting ready to pick up my collectors edition in a couple of days. 

• Like 1

I watched a Playstation Access interview like 3 days ago with one of the developers of The Witcher III and one of the Q&A questions were about the post release DLCs and he said that they don't believe in charging for new content on the base game, so yea confirmed, NO paid DLCs

YAY!!! :D

That would be awesome, but what happened to the expansion pass? This article states you need to pay for it, but it's from April 7th and can be outdated.

You're complaining about a trophy image when you should be complaining about the shitty animation this game has. Four days until release and they still haven't fixed that goddamn horse.

How have you seen it already?  Have you played the game? 

I didn't know about that. Also a game usually goes gold (= ready to be copied, shipped, and sold) one month before the release, so anything after that will be fixed with a patch.

Woohoo, another gamer who appreciates nice plats :highfive:. It's time for me to get a PS4.

Thinking about getting a PS4?

It's about time!

That would be awesome, but what happened to the expansion pass? This article states you need to pay for it, but it's from April 7th and can be outdated.

Umm... I never thought a random interview i watched would come up, so i don't have a link, but yea it was from Playstation Access with a Dev from The Witcher III

Less than a week old and it ran for around 6/9 minutes if ya wanna look it up, i'm not one to lie just to be part of the convo, so i implore someone to find this video, watch it then quote this paragraph confirming my statement so i know i haven't gone Yumpy.

Thank You :)

Sorry if i sound like a douche

Umm... I never thought a random interview i watched would come up, so i don't have a link, but yea it was from Playstation Access with a Dev from The Witcher III

Less than a week old and it ran for around 6/9 minutes if ya wanna look it up, i'm not one to lie just to be part of the convo, so i implore someone to find this video, watch it then quote this paragraph confirming my statement so i know i haven't gone Yumpy.

Thank You :)

Sorry if i sound like a douche

Looking through Playstation Access' recent videos I don't see a Dev video from this past week, one I did find from back in January was THIS one though in which he does say DLC is free.  However, there is also THIS official release about the Expansion Pass that does cost extra and contains two expansions.

I'll have to look it up, but I'm pretty sure I saw a post on Reddit with a dev response that said they view small stuff as DLC (armor, side missions, ect) and large story as expansions.  There's some semantics going on here, but there will be 16 packs of free (small) DLC.  But you will have to pay for the (larger) expansions.

Edit: Here is a quote from CD Projekt co-founder and CEO Marcin Iwinski.

First and foremost, I think the word 'DLC' has been extremely devalued, Any additional content is called DLC, whether it's one sword or some costume options or a full expansion pack. I really look at it differently. For me DLC is the smaller bits and pieces, and we will never charge for those things. However, if we do a big adventure—say, 15 or 20 hours long, a very high production value story extension to the game—then we will probably charge for that.

http://tmi.kotaku.com/the-witcher-3-guys-promise-theyll-do-dlc-right-1595359101

Edited by Phoenix8387

To Everyone, who thinks that this one is gonna be an easy Platinum: If the highest difficulty is anything like "Dark Mode" in The Witcher II, this game will make Dark Souls and BloodBorne look like a joke^^ Also the Combat System is more like a Hack´n Slay than classic RPG stuff. Well they did a lot of changes to it compared with the Witcher 2 but in the Videos it still looked very similar. Just my 2 Cents

Looking through Playstation Access' recent videos I don't see a Dev video from this past week, one I did find from back in January was THIS one though in which he does say DLC is free.  However, there is also THIS official release about the Expansion Pass that does cost extra and contains two expansions.

I'll have to look it up, but I'm pretty sure I saw a post on Reddit with a dev response that said they view small stuff as DLC (armor, side missions, ect) and large story as expansions.  There's some semantics going on here, but there will be 16 packs of free (small) DLC.  But you will have to pay for the (larger) expansions.

Edit: Here is a quote from CD Projekt co-founder and CEO Marcin Iwinski.

http://tmi.kotaku.com/the-witcher-3-guys-promise-theyll-do-dlc-right-1595359101

Cool yea that Quote sounds familier, thanks for clearing that up.

The trophy list looks fine. There are difficulty related trophies, so it shouldn't be too easy to plat this. Also, there are gwynt related trophies (a card game similar to bridge) so better start practicing :D

I'm happy with the trophies as long as they don't glitch, or become unachievable because of something stupid... every time I try and plat any rpg there's this one or two annoying trophies that you have to watch out not to f**k up. I still remember Skyrim's bulls**t Daedric Artifacts trophy - where some artifacts didn't count, some did, some became unavailable just because you decided to let someone live instead of killing him... terrible. Don't do that Witcher. Be as hard as you think it's necessary, but be fair.