Let's Play SO4: Return of the Epic Quest

Congrats :yay:. So is going back to drops and kills better than the colosseum grind?

Going deep into the dungeon and killing as many enemies as I want and how I want in a single fight while reaping numerous rewards, or fighting one-on-one with the feeble weaklings in a sunlit space full of cheering sentients, constantly being forced to listen to annoying commentator spewing same lines over and over before being finally allowed to make the next kill? Hm, I wonder what is better...

Are people interested in a Mugen Souls event?

Sure, why not? I've played Mugen Souls Z to the end of the story and I really love the characters. Of course, I think the original is going to be a lot harder as it's said that the game is bugged. Also, I'd have to skulk in Amazon.com to find a used copy that isn't messed up, but I enjoy those games even if they are insane in trophies. ^_^

Paid another visit to Gabe, kicked his 4-winged ass with Meracle, got the kill (+10 min) and a few misc BT. Also tried to kill Tamiel with a Rush Combo, but it didn't go that well - a single perfect Rush Combo brought him to the red health zone, and I've failed to properly start the second one, Raging Strike-ing him into oblivion. Oh well...

Are people interested in a Mugen Souls event?

I'll pass. I've promised myself to steer clear of Compile Heart games. 

Edited by NetEntity

Well that's it guys/gals, I've been lurking around these boards reading all of your updates and today I took the plunge and ordered the game you've inspired me to take on the challenge! I won't enter the lets play as its too close to the end and I'm not sure when the game will arrive in the post however I've thoroughly enjoyed reading all of your experiences and hope to join you with the plat one day :)

• Like 2

Well that's it guys/gals, I've been lurking around these boards reading all of your updates and today I took the plunge and ordered the game you've inspired me to take on the challenge! I won't enter the lets play as its too close to the end and I'm not sure when the game will arrive in the post however I've thoroughly enjoyed reading all of your experiences and hope to join you with the plat one day :)

:o You know not what you do.

giphy-facebook_s.jpg

Cleaned up the rest of 7SD BTs (Tamiel and shadow kills), and went back to the WD today.

Is there an efficient way of inflicting the status effects (for the enemy kills BTs)? I've tried to synth a bunch onto weakest claws I had and give them to Meracle together with 4ATK Slayer's Bangle, but it doesn't work for me at all so far.

Edited by NetEntity

Cleaned up the rest of 7SD BTs (Tamiel and shadow kills), and went back to the WD today.

Is there an efficient way of inflicting the status effects (for the enemy kills BTs)? I've tried to synth a bunch onto weakest claws I had and give them to Meracle together with 4ATK Slayer's Bangle, but it doesn't work for me at all so far.

I just put them on whatever weapon I was using and eventually got them all. I did them as I went for that character's drops.

You can synth a Earth Weapon and go to Aeos so you do 0 damage against the plant thing with legs and just keep hitting it until you inflict the status on it.

Awesome, congrats :yay:. How long did it take you to grind those 60,000 kills?

Thanks :) I wasn't expecting it to pop up yesterday (I had planned for Saturdayish) so I barely look at the screen while grinding but I happened to look up and the BT screen popped up. I was so surprised I let out a "OH"

Arumat's went a lot faster than Edge's but with Edge I was also doing Ethereal Queen kills so maybe it just seemed longer. It took me 9 days to get from 15000-30000 kills (I work a full time job you know ^_^)

IMPORTANT:

So remember how I talked about a way to have more time to complete this event? I think it's about time to reveal how that's going to work. After July 1 2016 members can't enter this event any more. However, participants can still go for the 5 rewards until December 31 2016. That should give them enough time to plat the game or save it for a special milestone. So be kind to Dave and plat that game before the deadline, that way he won't have to create all those rewards all at once. Do keep in mind that there will also be a Let's Play SO5 later this year.

Awesome, congrats :yay:.

Browsing through this thread and reading this made me kinda happy since I have ran out games to play and have decided to start back up with playing this game.

So5 = plat in a week plus, holy crap :o

StarOcean5_Crop-670x460.jpg?eaa32f

Sounds like it won't be such an epic quest after all.

Thanks :) I wasn't expecting it to pop up yesterday (I had planned for Saturdayish) so I barely look at the screen while grinding but I happened to look up and the BT screen popped up. I was so surprised I let out a "OH"

Arumat's went a lot faster than Edge's but with Edge I was also doing Ethereal Queen kills so maybe it just seemed longer. It took me 9 days to get from 15000-30000 kills (I work a full time job you know ^_^)

Lol, I can imagine that :lol:.

Nine days doesn't sound too bad for 15,000 kills, though multiplying that by 4 suddenly makes it a lot worse.

Browsing through this thread and reading this made me kinda happy since I have ran out games to play and have decided to start back up with playing this game.

Nice, hopefully this motivates you to get the plat :D.

The lone doctor drags himself across the battlefield. Most of his friends have either abandon the Quest or have gone on ahead but still he clutches his Adam's Needle as he tries to save the Trinity.

He beings the climb up the Wandering Dungeon navigating maze-like hallways and destroying crystals. Finally upon reaching floor 20 he sees a beautiful woman with wings like angels. He begins to ask her for directions but then realizes it is actually the dastardly Queen he has been sent to destroy.

Gathering what little strength he has he leashes all hell upon her and after 8 minutes and 45 seconds her limp body falls to the Earth and he realizes his prize is at hand.

He looks up through the dust and sees the Trinity walking towards him. Their bodies no longer twisted versions of themselves but instead they are once again his companions he has known so well.

And thus the 4 make their way down the tower and out the door NEVER TO LOOK AT THE FUCKING PLACE AGAIN...ahem...I mean The End

23k91yt.jpg

Earth Quest Run-73:20

Earth Faize Run-65:12

Galaxy-541:44

Universe 26:40

Chaos-27:23

Total Time 734 hours

Now fire up the for the forge, break out the coffee and let us CELEBRATE

Congratulations Master Jedi Doctor, thou hast completed the Epic Quest.  From this moment forth thine name shalt be added to the Hall of Fame for all eternity :yay:. Enjoy your deserved rest.

• Like 1

The lone doctor drags himself across the battlefield. Most of his friends have either abandon the Quest or have gone on ahead but still he clutches his Adam's Needle as he tries to save the Trinity.

He beings the climb up the Wandering Dungeon navigating maze-like hallways and destroying crystals. Finally upon reaching floor 20 he sees a beautiful woman with wings like angels. He begins to ask her for directions but then realizes it is actually the dastardly Queen he has been sent to destroy.

Gathering what little strength he has he leashes all hell upon her and after 8 minutes and 45 seconds her limp body falls to the Earth and he realizes his prize is at hand.

He looks up through the dust and sees the Trinity walking towards him. Their bodies no longer twisted versions of themselves but instead they are once again his companions he has known so well.

And thus the 4 make their way down the tower and out the door NEVER TO LOOK AT THE FUCKING PLACE AGAIN...ahem...I mean The End

23k91yt.jpg

Earth Quest Run-73:20

Earth Faize Run-65:12

Galaxy-541:44

Universe 26:40

Chaos-27:23

Total Time 734 hours

Now fire up the for the forge, break out the coffee and let us CELEBRATE

Crap I ran out of likes......

Congratulations!!! You have now attained the Rarest Trophy!!!

Through thousands of years of war, blood, sweat, human skill, and enchanted dragons breath, 

I Dav9834, the last of my lineage to have the knowledge to create this trophy, present to you with

The Diamond Trophy!

3I82YqM.pngDugRWsy.png

Congratulations again!!

• Like 1

Crap I ran out of likes......

Congratulations!!! You have now attained the Rarest Trophy!!!

Through thousands of years of war, blood, sweat, human skill, and enchanted dragons breath, 

I Dav9834, the last of my lineage to have the knowledge to create this trophy, present to you with

The Diamond Trophy!

3I82YqM.pngDugRWsy.png

Congratulations again!!

:o I am creating a special place in my checklist to hold this honour :)

Damn that is a lot of time you spent on the Quest Run :o.

Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah. Except don't forget I almost had that trophy on both my Universe and Faize run...that is a lot of time spent on that trophy.

Also my Quest run was also my Ethereal Queen run so some of that time was spent getting the best gear and getting to 255 again.

• Like 1