Let's Play SO4: Return of the Epic Quest

Sure, you can join.

Nice, congrats :yay:. My main party is between lvl 75-78 and I'm leveling up in the 7SD. Also created all the recipes with all possible formations and still missing 8 of them. Here's hoping those are quest rewards.

There are 2 recipes in the WD. One in a chest and for the other you have to find Santa again after defeating the EQ.

• Like 1

OK guys and G.I.R.L.s, I'm in!

My progress at the moment:

trophies: 35/47

play time: Earth: 166 hours / Galaxy: - / Universe: - / Chaos: -

battle trophies: 580/900

battle trophies per character: Edge: 72 / Reimi: 77 / Faize: 41 / Lymle: 71 / Bacchus: 79 / Sarah: 50 / Myuria: 58 / Arumat: 75

My goals:

1st (current) playthrough (Earth):
- get Advanced Battler trophy
- get Hasty Hare Handler trophy (had it on X360; it's not hard, just time consuming)
- get Rapid Rabbit Wrangler trophy (same as above)
- get World's Biggest Welch Fan trophy (I'm really close to this one; I just need to beat EQ one more time)

2nd playthrough (Galaxy):
- get Faize's Ending trophy
- get Meracle's Ending trophy
- get Crowe's Ending trophy

3rd playthrough (Universal):
- get Universal Victor trophy

4th playthrough (Chaos):
- get Chaotic Conqueror trophy

after that, load my Galaxy save and, hopefully, get those 2 battle trophies related... um... trophies

I'm currently without my ethernet cable (don't ask) and my priority is Tales of Zestiria at the moment, so I probably won't start continue this so soon; probably by the end of the month. After that, I'll keep updating my stats but only after I obtain some trophies. (PSN trophies, not battle trophies)

• Like 2

Looks like I'll have to fall back on plan B for the other 3 playthroughs: watching anime :awesome:.

Wow, this game looks like something my poor little autistic brain wouldn't be able to handle. Scratch plans to ever get this plat for me! Good thing I am saving up for LEGO Dimensions. :P

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

:blink: Hey, can't you take a joke?  :lol: I was kidding! I might look into this game! I had finished Star Ocean 2 and Star Ocean 3 on PS2 a while back. But I can see how this platinum is one of the ultra-rare plats, considering how much hard and boring it can get at times. I mean, I know skipping the ending is a programmer's sin, but...

These guys are sadists.

Also, can someone please tell me how the **** I kill Ethereal Queen's 3rd form (on Earth difficulty, lol). I need 3-4 items for World's Biggest Welch Fan trophy.

You should have or be very close to 9999 Attack and Defense with everyone in your party. Even with this, EQ can still be pretty mean. Use an Otherworldly Cuisine on Sarah before the start of the battle so she won't be targeted; then put her in a corner far away from everyone else so she's less likely to get ko'd by Supernova. Set her to heal and revive only. Beat B to keep Arumat in Rush Mode so EQ can't knock him down with her constant ground attacks while he spams Dragon Roar. I also had Reimi in my party and she was amazing; always kept herself at a distance and spammed Savage Sparrows. When EQ starts using Supernova over and over, run away (obviously) and keep charging your Rush Gauge so you can activate Rush Combos. If When she wipes out your party, just switch to someone else real quick and use a Resurrection Unit to revive your party.

Also, a question: Is it safe to let quests hang until the post-game? Majority of Centropolis orders sure look like a post-game material to me.

I waited until post-game to tackle most of these. Once you have World's Biggest Welch Fan :silver: there should be nothing you don't already have at least one of in your inventory. Then you can simply duplicate it with some Magical Clay.

• Like 1

OK guys and G.I.R.L.s, I'm in!

My progress at the moment:

trophies: 35/47

play time: Earth: 166 hours / Galaxy: - / Universe: - / Chaos: -

battle trophies: 580/900

battle trophies per character: Edge: 72 / Reimi: 77 / Faize: 41 / Lymle: 71 / Bacchus: 79 / Sarah: 50 / Myuria: 58 / Arumat: 75

My goals:

1st (current) playthrough (Earth):

- get Advanced Battler trophy

- get Hasty Hare Handler trophy (had it on X360; it's not hard, just time consuming)

- get Rapid Rabbit Wrangler trophy (same as above)

- get World's Biggest Welch Fan trophy (I'm really close to this one; I just need to beat EQ one more time)

2nd playthrough (Galaxy):

- get Faize's Ending trophy

- get Meracle's Ending trophy

- get Crowe's Ending trophy

3rd playthrough (Universal):

- get Universal Victor trophy

4th playthrough (Chaos):

- get Chaotic Conqueror trophy

after that, load my Galaxy save and, hopefully, get those 2 battle trophies related... um... trophies

I'm currently without my ethernet cable (don't ask) and my priority is Tales of Zestiria at the moment, so I probably won't start continue this so soon; probably by the end of the month. After that, I'll keep updating my stats but only after I obtain some trophies. (PSN trophies, not battle trophies)

Nice, good luck. My plan is to get everyone's BT to 100% (except for Edge and Faize), craft all 321 items, complete all quests, and win 100 bunny races. Afterwards reload the save before the phantom ambush, keep Faize, and get the remaining BTs. Once that's done, all that's left is to complete the game on universe and chaos mode.

Wow, this game looks like something my poor little autistic brain wouldn't be able to handle. Scratch plans to ever get this plat for me! Good thing I am saving up for LEGO Dimensions. :P

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

:blink: Hey, can't you take a joke?  :lol: I was kidding! I might look into this game! I had finished Star Ocean 2 and Star Ocean 3 on PS2 a while back. But I can see how this platinum is one of the ultra-rare plats, considering how much hard and boring it can get at times. I mean, I know skipping the ending is a programmer's sin, but...

These guys are sadists.

The first playthrough can be completed in about 30-40 hours (much less if you skip all the cutscenes). Platting this game takes much longer though. Let me know if you get the game.

Hey Dragon, just reminding you that I've updated (page 111) and my Epic Quest Progress data is no longer accurate.

Also, a question: Is it safe to let quests hang until the post-game? Majority of Centropolis orders sure look like a post-game material to me.

Yeah I saw it, but there's a weird error that occurs when I try to update the OP. The page just keeps crashing, hence it's not up to date anymore. 

If you do the missable quests, you should be safe. I have a lot of shop order quests left.

• Like 1

I suspect that I've missed one of Faize's PAs. What a bother.

So in case if this will turn out to be right, what action should I take:

1) Return to the Aeos save (not sure if I have one after Manifest, if I do, then great) and play to the end again.

2) Save it for Faize playthrough (can I get his ending if he stays in the team?).

3) Save it for the Universe\Chaos playthrough. 

I suspect that I've missed one of Faize's PAs. What a bother.

So in case if this will turn out to be right, what action should I take:

1) Return to the Aeos save (not sure if I have one after Manifest, if I do, then great) and play to the end again.

2) Save it for Faize playthrough (can I get his ending if he stays in the team?).

3) Save it for the Universe\Chaos playthrough. 

Not sure if it can be done on the Faize playthrough, but I wouldn't go back to another save file since you're going to play on Universe and Chaos. Also seems a waste of BT progress.

Not sure if it can be done on the Faize playthrough, but I wouldn't go back to another save file since you're going to play on Universe and Chaos. Also seems a waste of BT progress.

I've discovered that I do have the backup save right before the missing PA (the Aeos to EN II flight one). So all I will need to do is clear EN II and Nox Obscurus. The difference in the levels between my main save and the backup  is measly (+4 for the main party, +2 for the rest), and I will be able to easily buy all the strongest EN II equipment since I have a ton of money left since my Robotics grind.

I've finished picking flowers, so I'm planning to finally go and see how strong the final boss is. If I won't have any trouble with him, I'm going to return to the backup save and simply run through the last two planets and quickly get to the bosses with minimal grinding. 

Edited by NetEntity

I've discovered that I do have the backup save right before the missing PA (the Aeos to EN II flight one). So all I will need to do is clear EN II and Nox Obscurus. The difference in the levels between my main save and the backup  is measly (+4 for the main party, +2 for the rest), and I will be able to easily buy all the strongest EN II equipment since I have a ton of money left since my Robotics grind.

I've finished picking flowers, so I'm planning to finally go and see how strong the final boss is. If I won't have any trouble with him, I'm going to return to the backup save and simply run through the last two planets and quickly get to the bosses with minimal grinding. 

Ok, good luck with that. If you need to level up your party quickly, those little phantom aliens on Nox give over 9,000 base exp each, so try to get surprised by them to fight 5-6. With 140% exp and an ambush, you can get around 125,000 exp per battle.

800-PSn-star-ocean-plat_zps4ypfv29f.jpg

My Journey has been completed by Poison, thy enemies are slayed and thy trophy has popped. :jaymon:

It seems that I've taken the long scenic route, and lost my focus on conquering battle trophies in the year 2012. :o

Thanks to this thread and many comrades :highfive:, it has gotten me back to my gaming goals and I feel motivated once again. 

My main trophy goals included: World Biggest Welch Fan, Monsters, Treasures, Weapons, Space Ships, and EQ.

Now, due to these accomplishments I have created a mysterious video using Eldarian Technology.

After completing all of the tasks at hand, Giotto from EN II sent down one of the most powerful Blue bodysuits in the entire GALAXY. The suit was created to unleash my inner courage!

I wonder why they didn't award a BT for using the Ocarina 1 million times :lol: with meracle.

A documentary of my journey in the vast ocean:

Stats:

Earth - 97:02:36 (faize and Lymle/EQ )

Galaxy - 748:52:43 (Arumat and Grindy Bt's)

Universe -  16:38:20

Chaos - 20:32:50

882.24 hours 

Galaxy Stats

5213099e-c995-4007-b1ae-6723bd4ce10e_zps

DUUUUUUUUDE COOOONGRATS TO YOU and Myst! Glad you guys made it!

• Like 1

Just finished the game for the first time on Galaxy!!  Finally!  Took me much longer than I planned but hey, I finished it at least!

Going to start an Earth run focusing on all normal missable items and bond trophies, but that will start tomorrow.  Really good ending surprisingly!  

• Like 2

Just finished the game for the first time on Galaxy!!  Finally!  Took me much longer than I planned but hey, I finished it at least!

Going to start an Earth run focusing on all normal missable items and bond trophies, but that will start tomorrow.  Really good ending surprisingly!  

Nice, congrats :yay:.

• Like 1

Stoked you liked the ending

Your earth run will be a journey beyond the ocean of the stars  :highfive:

...aaaaaand I'm back! I said I will post my stats after I obtain some trophies. I lied. :(

Currently at 601/900 battle trophies and I'm about to enter WD for final, 3rd fight with Ethereal Queen. Wish me luck, guys!

Kick EQ's ass, pounce her in the ground

post-25179-you-can-do-it-gif-Waterboy-Im

Edited by Titanic Balls
  • Like 2

Kick EQ's ass, pounce her in the ground

I f**king did it, about an hour ago. STFUxDxD told me to use Reimi, so I did! (Edge, Reimi, Meracle and Sarah was my main party)

She was so annoying; I used all 20 Resurrection Units lol.

I'm glad this is finally over now.

Well, kinda. I still need Lymle's 10 mins battle trophy (I will leave that for some other time and play through)

• Like 2

Nice, congrats :yay:.

Thanks!

Stoked you liked the ending

Your earth run will be a journey beyond the ocean of the stars  :highfive:

It is so much easier, but much more stressful for some reason!  I'm realizing I have quite a lot of BTs to finish up and this run is far from being complete.

• Like 1

Okay guys, things are moving pretty quickly on my Earth run.  I've just gotten past the final missable area so I think I'm set to get all but the Universe and Chaos run trophies.  Below is what I've done so far.

Stats:

Difficulty: Earth

Playtime: 18:28

Missables -

Aeos - Shop quests complete
Triom - Shop quests complete
Cardianon Mothership - Complete
Alternate Earth - Complete

Faize Recipes -
1. Iron Saber (Obtained)
2. Elastic Rapier (Obtained)
3. Rune Saber (Obtained)
4. Onyx Rapier

BT Tracker -

Edge   [40/100]

Reimi  [37/100]

Faize   [31/100]

+Beat 130 Different Enemies

*Enemies Beaten: 20(?)/130 (Aeos, Cardianon Mothership, Alt. Earth)
                   -Cardianon Soldier
                   -Guard Bot “Commando”
                   -Guard Bot “Assaulter”
                   -Dragon Newt
                   -Lizard Shaman
                   -Lizard Warrior
                   -Cadianon General
                   -Armed Dragon Newt
                   -Armed Dragoon
                   -Dragon General
                   -Little Alien
                   -Bigfoot Sam
                   -Soldier Zombie
                   -Genomic Beast

Lymle        [19/100]

Bacchus   [39/100]

Meracle    [2/100]

Sarah        [???/100]

Muyria      [???/100]

Arumat     [???/100]

Recipes:

Cooking -     [18/29]
Pickled Plum Rice - 1/16/16 x1
Ochazuke - 1/16/16 x1
Oyakodon - 1/15/16 x2 - Weedely Shop Order
Curry Rice - 1/17/16 x1
Pasta Peperoncino - 1/17/16 x1
Pasta Bolognese - 1/17/16 x1
Hamburg Steak - 1/17/16 x1
Beef Steak - 1/17/16 x1
Salt-Grilled Saury - 1/15/16 x1
Salmon Meuniere - 1/17/16 x1
Lemon Juice - 1/15/16 x1
Caesar Salad - 1/15/16 x3
Ratatouille - 1/17/16 x1
Custard Pie - 1/15/16 x2 - Triom Item Shop Quest
Shortcake - 1/15/16 x2 - Weedely Shop Order
Blueberry Tart - 1/17/16 x1
Otherworldly Cuisine - 1/15/16 x1
Fermented Sushi - 1/17/16 x1

Smithery -    [8/33]
Storm Blade - 1/15/16 x1
Flame Sword - 1/15/16 x1 -Triom Weapon Shop Quest
Hunting Bow - 1/14/16 x2 - Triom Weapon Shop Quest
Earthsoul Bow - 1/15/16 x1
Iron Saber - 1/15/16 x1 - Weedely Shop Order
Shell Armor - 1/15/16 x1
Aqua Mail - 1/17/16 x1
Iron Protector - 1/15/16 x1

Artistry -      [15/89]
Earth Charm - 1/17/16 x1
Symbol Card “Earth Glaive” - 1/16/16 x1
Symbol Card “Stone Rain” - 1/16/16 x1
Symbol Card “Ice Needles” - 1/16/16 x1
Symbol Card “Deep Freeze” - 1/16/16 x1
Symbol Card “Fire Bolt” - 1/16/16 x1
Symbol Card “Explosion” - 1/16/16 x1
Symbol Card “Wind Blade” - 1/17/16 x1
Symbol Card “Blast Hurricane” - 1/17/16 x1
Symbol Card “Lightning Blast” - 1/17/16 x1
Symbol Card “Thunder Flare” - 1/17/16 x1
Symbol Card “Enhance” - 1/16/16 x1
Symbol Card “Enshelter” - 1/15/16 x1
Symbol Card “Sacred Pain” - 1/15/16 x1
Symbol Card “Silence” - 1/16/16 x1

Alchemy -          [6/28]
Resistance Potion - 1/17/16 x1
Strength Potion - 1/16/16 x1
Fortitude Potion - 1/16/16 x1
Silver - 1/17/16 x1
Gold - 1/17/16 x1
Monster Jewel - 1/17/16 x1

Engineering -     [12/42]
Poison Relief Unit - 1/17/16 x1
Melting Unit - 1/17/16 x1
Speech Restoration Unit - 1/17/16 x1
Dispelling Unit - 1/17/16 x1
Element Breaker - 1/17/16 x1
Attack Breaker - 1/17/16 x1
Defense Breaker - 1/17/16 x1
EM Bomb - 1/17/16 x1
Compact Poison Bomb - 1/17/16 x1
Compact Stun Bomb - 1/17/16 x1
Scrambling Unit - 1/17/16 x1
Jukebox - 1/17/16 x1

Crafting -            [6/70]
Crystal Wand - 1/17/16 x1
Lizard Guard - 1/17/16 x1
Attack Bracelet - 1/17/16 x1
Sturdy Bracelet - 1/17/16 x1
Earth Armlet - 1/17/16 x1
Thunder Armlet - 1/17/16 x1

Compounding -  [0/30]

-

-

-

-

-

• Like 1

Okay guys, things are moving pretty quickly on my Earth run.  I've just gotten past the final missable area so I think I'm set to get all but the Universe and Chaos run trophies.  Below is what I've done so far.

Stats:

Difficulty: Earth

Playtime: 18:28

Missables -

Aeos - Shop quests complete

Triom - Shop quests complete

Cardianon Mothership - Complete

Alternate Earth - Complete

Faize Recipes -

1. Iron Saber (Obtained)

2. Elastic Rapier (Obtained)

3. Rune Saber (Obtained)

4. Onyx Rapier

BT Tracker -

Edge   [40/100]

Reimi  [37/100]

Faize   [31/100]

+Beat 130 Different Enemies

*Enemies Beaten: 20(?)/130 (Aeos, Cardianon Mothership, Alt. Earth)

-Cardianon Soldier

-Guard Bot “Commando”

-Guard Bot “Assaulter”

-Dragon Newt

-Lizard Shaman

-Lizard Warrior

-Cadianon General

-Armed Dragon Newt

-Armed Dragoon

-Dragon General

-Little Alien

-Bigfoot Sam

-Soldier Zombie

-Genomic Beast

Lymle        [19/100]

Bacchus   [39/100]

Meracle    [2/100]

Sarah        [???/100]

Muyria      [???/100]

Arumat     [???/100]

Recipes:

Cooking -     [18/29]

Pickled Plum Rice - 1/16/16 x1

Ochazuke - 1/16/16 x1

Oyakodon - 1/15/16 x2 - Weedely Shop Order

Curry Rice - 1/17/16 x1

Pasta Peperoncino - 1/17/16 x1

Pasta Bolognese - 1/17/16 x1

Hamburg Steak - 1/17/16 x1

Beef Steak - 1/17/16 x1

Salt-Grilled Saury - 1/15/16 x1

Salmon Meuniere - 1/17/16 x1

Lemon Juice - 1/15/16 x1

Caesar Salad - 1/15/16 x3

Ratatouille - 1/17/16 x1

Custard Pie - 1/15/16 x2 - Triom Item Shop Quest

Shortcake - 1/15/16 x2 - Weedely Shop Order

Blueberry Tart - 1/17/16 x1

Otherworldly Cuisine - 1/15/16 x1

Fermented Sushi - 1/17/16 x1

Smithery -    [8/33]

Storm Blade - 1/15/16 x1

Flame Sword - 1/15/16 x1 -Triom Weapon Shop Quest

Hunting Bow - 1/14/16 x2 - Triom Weapon Shop Quest

Earthsoul Bow - 1/15/16 x1

Iron Saber - 1/15/16 x1 - Weedely Shop Order

Shell Armor - 1/15/16 x1

Aqua Mail - 1/17/16 x1

Iron Protector - 1/15/16 x1

Artistry -      [15/89]

Earth Charm - 1/17/16 x1

Symbol Card “Earth Glaive” - 1/16/16 x1

Symbol Card “Stone Rain” - 1/16/16 x1

Symbol Card “Ice Needles” - 1/16/16 x1

Symbol Card “Deep Freeze” - 1/16/16 x1

Symbol Card “Fire Bolt” - 1/16/16 x1

Symbol Card “Explosion” - 1/16/16 x1

Symbol Card “Wind Blade” - 1/17/16 x1

Symbol Card “Blast Hurricane” - 1/17/16 x1

Symbol Card “Lightning Blast” - 1/17/16 x1

Symbol Card “Thunder Flare” - 1/17/16 x1

Symbol Card “Enhance” - 1/16/16 x1

Symbol Card “Enshelter” - 1/15/16 x1

Symbol Card “Sacred Pain” - 1/15/16 x1

Symbol Card “Silence” - 1/16/16 x1

Alchemy -          [6/28]

Resistance Potion - 1/17/16 x1

Strength Potion - 1/16/16 x1

Fortitude Potion - 1/16/16 x1

Silver - 1/17/16 x1

Gold - 1/17/16 x1

Monster Jewel - 1/17/16 x1

Engineering -     [12/42]

Poison Relief Unit - 1/17/16 x1

Melting Unit - 1/17/16 x1

Speech Restoration Unit - 1/17/16 x1

Dispelling Unit - 1/17/16 x1

Element Breaker - 1/17/16 x1

Attack Breaker - 1/17/16 x1

Defense Breaker - 1/17/16 x1

EM Bomb - 1/17/16 x1

Compact Poison Bomb - 1/17/16 x1

Compact Stun Bomb - 1/17/16 x1

Scrambling Unit - 1/17/16 x1

Jukebox - 1/17/16 x1

Crafting -            [6/70]

Crystal Wand - 1/17/16 x1

Lizard Guard - 1/17/16 x1

Attack Bracelet - 1/17/16 x1

Sturdy Bracelet - 1/17/16 x1

Earth Armlet - 1/17/16 x1

Thunder Armlet - 1/17/16 x1

Compounding -  [0/30]

-

-

-

-

-

Nice work so far :yay:. There's a link to an excel sheet in the OP that already has all the recipes. That makes it very easy to keep track which ones you've unlocked and created. And it also saves you the trouble of writing all of them :D.

• Like 1