your favorite zombie movie

predator086siren

The Reanimator. The old school 80s effects and make up puts this new age horror crap to shame! It's one of the most gory and eerie movies that I've seen. I'd definitely recommend it to any fan of horror movies that has yet to see it.

Does the 28 Days Later series count though? Technically, those infected with the rage virus aren't undead and can still be killed by conventional means (i.e. things other than brain damage).

True even the the creator of the 28 series stated in an interview that it is NOT a zombie movie but an "infected" movie.

for me there are a few:

Reanimator

Night of the Living Dead (both Original and Savini/Romero remake)

Dawn of the Dead Extended Edition (Romero version)

Day of the Dead

Zombieland

Fido

Cabin in the Woods (while not a Zombie movie overall it did have them in it)

Dead Alive/Braindead

Return of the Living Dead

Even though some people don't consider it a zombie flick, it's 28 Days Later. The isolation of everyone else being zombies is more scary to me than zombies chasing after me.

And if people really want to get technical, the first "zombies" were in a story about how the author noticed that more and more people labored day after day, with no thought and no joy. They were a slow moving mindless horde and not necessarily undead, just single minded to the point of not caring. So to get really technical, anyone who considers a zombie something that can run isn't technically a zombie. Or we can stop constantly moving the goalpost and get on with life.

Although they aren't my favorite, Zombieland and Shawn of the Dead are high on my list.

I'm also shocked at how much I like iZombie season 1 on CW. I was expecting absolute lameness, but am surprised by the great dialog and interesting story.

this is also true, the "original Zombie" was just a mindless shell while the "original undead" was a ghoul. So if you use the original definition then 28 series does count.

Edited by DarkHarmonixer
  • Like 1

Return of the living dead for sure - its all about tar-man

Yes! I was beginning to fear that I was a the only one here!

Return of the Living Dead is my childhood and what got me into zombies. xD Memories of watching them with my sister and cousin. x]

2u480h3.jpg

25uheub.jpg

28kkjrp.jpg

Comedy xD

https://youtu.be/FQovK5m9eJc

As for newer movies, the Dawn of the Dead remake and Shaun of the Dead. I didn't like Zombieland.

• Like 1

Yes! I was beginning to fear that I was a the only one here!

Return of the Living Dead is my childhood and what got me into zombies. xD Memories of watching them with my sister and cousin. x]

2u480h3.jpg

25uheub.jpg

28kkjrp.jpg

Comedy xD

As for newer movies, the Dawn of the Dead remake and Shaun of the Dead. I didn't like Zombieland.

Good to see the love for this awesome movie - First zombie film to have running infected instead of shambling too.

I also absolutely adore Re-animator, its one of my all time favorite movies but as it was already mentioned I thought I would go with this masterpiece instead.

• Like 1

Dawn of the Dead .... the original and the 2004 remake, both movies have amazing opening sequences, probably the best in any zombie movies, plus the 2004 remake have fast zombies, I think it was the first movie to ever use fast zombies, and omg was it intense to watch the fuckers run at 80kph after a character...

• Like 1

zombieland then shawn of the dead

after that they start all being a blaah due to lack of unique traits.

even resident evil movies were not as good as you would have hoped.

funny a game first better than movie, a movie first better than game(especially rush games to release with movie)

holycooper90.png

Definitely, Zombieland.

Why you ask?

Because Emma Stone cant look bad even if she tried to...nuff said ( drops mic and walks away)

Movie was great anyway. Plus two of the actors where on the film, Now You See Me.

Edited by XelTech09

Dawn of the Dead .... the original and the 2004 remake, both movies have amazing opening sequences, probably the best in any zombie movies, plus the 2004 remake have fast zombies, I think it was the first movie to ever use fast zombies, and omg was it intense to watch the fuckers run at 80kph after a character...

not quite, Return of the Living Dead (1985) beat them to the punch. Both Dawn of the Deads are great movies i have the Ultimate Edition of the Original which includes all 3 versions. Did you guy/gals know (there are conflicting reports on this) that Shinji Mikami made Resident Evil based off of one of 2 Zombie movies for the 70's. I am trying to find the original interview to post as a source. He had just seen either Zombi (Zombi 2 here in the US) or the UK cut of Dawn of the Dead when he got the idea for the game.

zombieland then shawn of the dead

after that they start all being a blaah due to lack of unique traits.

even resident evil movies were not as good as you would have hoped.

funny a game first better than movie, a movie first better than game(especially rush games to release with movie)

what do you expect when the director only cares about showing off his wife (was never impressed with her) instead of a GOOD script. they passed on Romero's script for stupid reasons despite the fact it was what the fans WANTED.

• Like 2

not quite, Return of the Living Dead (1985) beat them to the punch. Both Dawn of the Deads are great movies i have the Ultimate Edition of the Original which includes all 3 versions. Did you guy/gals know (there are conflicting reports on this) that Shinji Mikami made Resident Evil based off of one of 2 Zombie movies for the 70's. I am trying to find the original interview to post as a source. He had just seen either Zombi (Zombi 2 here in the US) or the UK cut of Dawn of the Dead when he got the idea for the game.

About what??? opening sequence or fast zombies? I watched Return of the Living Dead ages ago and can't remember if it had fast zombies, can't remember the first 20 minutes too well either, so it couldn't have been that great, here is a video about the first 20-30 minutes or so of Dawn of the Dead (2004).

Edited by HeartUnderBlade

Return of the Living Dead had runners in it, i own all 3 of the movies REturn of the Living Dead, Dawn of the Dead and Dawn of the Dead 204.

Ok thanks for reminding me that, still they weren't as fast as the armless asian guy sprinting in the scene when they were trying to enter the mall

Heart i have been wanting to ask where is the animated sequence form in your sig?

http://31.media.tumblr.com/19e88d9038c19dd4389389bd57c4dbb5/tumblr_mhxn25X0wJ1qi3uajo1_500.gif

Ok thanks for reminding me that, still they weren't as fast as the armless asian guy sprinting in the scene when they were trying to enter the mall

i think he was an exception as he WAS the fastest one in the movie. the ones in RotLD were pretty fast too

https://youtu.be/hUrPWJlzEx0?t=46

Edited by DarkHarmonixer