Heavy Rain and Beyond: Two Souls are coming to PS4

skiptracing

Qaa6rs3.png

Hi everyone. We’re really excited to finally reveal that two classic Quantic Dream games are coming to PlayStation 4 only for Europe and the PAL region – we’re bringing both Heavy Rain and Beyond: Two Souls to a PS4 near you soon. Both titles will be available as individual digital releases, with a two-game bundle also available both digitally and physically.

For many players Heavy Rain was a defining moment in their gaming history, and for us it was definitely a milestone of the PS3 generation. The BAFTA and AIAS winning game helped establish what we like to call ‘interactive drama’ back in 2010, and loads of you have told us over the years how much the game’s story of a father who would do anything for his son moved you.

We’re really proud of Heavy Rain and we can’t wait for you to either play it again or experience it for the very first time.

Later in the life of the PS3 came its spiritual sequel, Beyond: Two Souls. We loved the epic journey of Jodie Holmes, featuring an incredible performance from Ellen Page complemented by the wonderful talent of Willem Dafoe.

Jodie’s story is a tumultuous one, and one we know touched many of you at the time. On PS4 you will have the opportunity to experience that story played in chronological order, watching Jodie grow from a curious young girl to a powerful woman. We’re hoping you’ll get a kick out of this much-requested mode.

We can’t wait to show you what they look like now… We’ll share more details on exactly when and how you can get your hands on these classic games soon!

I'm surprised they didn't announce this at E3. Well, I'm definitely excited about replaying these two games. What do you guys think about this? I know some people will hate because that means more remasters coming to the PS4 but I honestly can't wait for these two remasters.
Edited by HolyFad
  • Like 3

Haha this is a joke. What is there to remaster in Beyond and Heavy Rain?

Sad part is it will sell. 

The screen resolution was atrocious with very heavy letterboxing to squeeze just that little bit more performance out of the ps3.

I'm actually kind of excited about this. Love Heavy Rain, and can't wait to experience it all over again, on current gen graphics.  

Your hat looks steampunk, and really cool *_*, I want one. Weird i never noticed that wen you posted before.

• Like 1

Well, if someone hasn't played either game, and they only ported Heavy Rain, they would need a PS3 to experience Beyond if they ended up enjoying Heavy Rain.

I understand the decision to port both - makes much more sense than something like the God of War remaster, since you need to play I and II to understand III (I believe, I haven't actually played III, only I and II and Ascension).

Also, I'd take a remaster over backwards compatibility ;)

I get that it's for people who missed out. But you'd don't need to play Heavy Rain to Understand Beyond. And you don't have to play Beyond after Heavy Rain. I mean, I'm not complaining that they are porting both games, I just think it's a little weird.

As for backwards compatibility vs. remaster, I'd rather have the one that doesn't force me to pay for the same game twice, if I want to play it again.

• Like 2

I loved both games (Heavy Rain edges out Beyond a bit) but both are fantastic. I can't play them in my region which is kind of a shame but maybe later they'll release it to more areas of the world. I'm looking forward to picking up these games!  :D

Anyone who says that remasters are better than backwards compatability has more money than sense and should pay me money to make their decisions for them (trust me its a better deal)

I get remasters for people who never got to play them, but BC would also solve that problem, think ppl.

Edited by Superbuu3
  • Like 2

Anyone who says that remasters are better than backwards compatability has more money than sense and should pay me money to make their decisions for them (trust me its a better deal)

I get remasters for people who never got to play them, but BC would also solve that problem, think ppl.

Except remasters are usually not full priced games, are 1080p, a lot have a few small extra features, and most have a new trophy set ;)

Worth the money imo.

• Like 2

Except remasters are usually not full priced games, are 1080p, a lot have a few small extra features, and most have a new trophy set ;)

Worth the money imo.

Lol, when you have to use the word usually that means you are aware of the exceptions.  Secondly, are trophies so difficult for you that you'd pay more money just to play a game you already beat to get trophies rather than play a new game. I'd accept this if you were talking about games which preivously did not have trophy support as I could accept this as you were justa  huge fan fo the game, but you didn't actually mention this in your point at all.

I accept paypal, whenever you want me to start making the decisions for you.

Worth the money imo.

What about us who don't care about graphics or trophies? There is no way remastered are better than full BC.

-One makes you pay for the game again. One is free, as long as you already own the game.

-One has a select list of games with it (whatever sold well enough was popular enough for them to remaster). Where as BC includes every game from the library.

• Like 3

What about us who don't care about graphics or trophies? There is no way remastered are better than full BC.

-One makes you pay for the game again. One is free, as long as you already own the game.

-One has a select list of games with it (whatever sold well enough was popular enough for them to remaster). Where as BC includes every game from the library.

Why would you even need BC if you already have the game? Sony didn't come and take your console away, and if you got rid of it yourself, that's on you.

Just as a note, Microsoft's new BC doesn't cover the entire library.

• Like 3

I agree with your first paragraph Edited by Moleman

Lol, when you have to use the word usually that means you are aware of the exceptions.  Secondly, are trophies so difficult for you that you'd pay more money just to play a game you already beat to get trophies rather than play a new game. I'd accept this if you were talking about games which preivously did not have trophy support as I could accept this as you were justa  huge fan fo the game, but you didn't actually mention this in your point at all.

I accept paypal, whenever you want me to start making the decisions for you.

Sure, there are exceptions, but they are the minority. And no, trophies aren't that difficult for me, but I like to consider myself a completionist (even if my completion % doesn't reflect this :( ) and I like to finish franchises. I don't consider a franchise finished until you have every list.

And if I enjoyed the game the first time, what is the harm in playing it again with better visuals (and in most cases, fps, although I barely notice the fps increase to be honest).

• Like 1

Why would you even need BC if you already have the game? Sony didn't come and take your console away, and if you got rid of it yourself, that's on you.

Just as a note, Microsoft's new BC doesn't cover the entire library.

That's true. But you can't say it wouldn't be great to own 1 console with both combined libraries, instead of flipping between the 2 everytime.

And yes, Microsoft's doesn't cover the whole library, yet. We don't know just how much it will include at the end of it. (Also, I'm pretty sure this has gone completely off OP's topic... oops).