Batman: Arkham Knight General Discussion

PipeSwinger

batmobile is not a gadget, it's a weapon !!!

with it, you can kill in the streets (this is soooooooooo batman, to kill people, don't you think ? but i did kill people. of course, i'm not playing a batman game, so i can ;) )

and when you'll finally try the third lap of the 9th trial of the riddler, you can talk about car and races, i assure you  ;)

my vid of me driving for the RA challenge of this third lap :

not a shooting game ? haven't you shoot drones with your tank (i mean your weapon, the batmobile) ? 

of course that's shooting. that's clearly the definition of shooting. crystal.

but i wonder : have you play the game very far ? if so, you should know that ;)

my vid of me.. shooting : 

AR challenges, most of them are devoted to the car/tank. races and shooting. Batmobile Tank Night, that's the real name of the game, it appears so.

for the endings, i maybe have wrong informations. thank you to correct me ;)

(and that's not a good news : this maner to do, a labyrinthic end ? nuck this knightfall protocol and stupid idea from rocksteady : an end is an end.

there's one end, not many. we should be in a batman game with one end, not on a japanese game with multiple ends. crazy)

Edited by fregoli1

It was slow at first. Now I am hooked. If you haven't gotten to 50% of the main storyline, then it'll seem dull and repetitive, due to only being able to access one region of the map at a time. But once you do reach 50% of the main storyline, the entire city of Gotham is at your disposal. I am having fun just grappling from rooftop to rooftop, and gliding off into the air and rinsing repeating. There have seemingly never been as many side missions in the other Batman games as there are in this, and that keeps you busy.

I had problems using the Batmobile for everything at the beginning, but let's face it: after all the upgrades, you want this car.

• Like 1

Did anyone notice a potential easter egg from Rocksteady?

When Lucius Fox tells Batman to come to Wayne Tower the first time, Batman must enter Wayne Tower. On the bar is an answering machine with a series of messages, one of which is from Lex Luthor, Superman's arch-nemesis.

And then on Founder's Island, one of the buildings says LexCorp on it, the company owned and operated by Lex Luthor. Could a Superman game be next on Rocksteady's plate?

Edited by ShogunCroCop

Did anyone notice a potential easter egg from Rocksteady?

When Lucius Fox tells Batman to come to Wayne Tower the first time, Batman must enter Wayne Tower. On the bar is an answering machine with a series of messages, one of which is from Lex Luthor, Superman's arch-nemesis.

And then on Founder's Island, one of the buildings says LexCorp on it, the company owned and operated by Lex Luthor. Could a Superman game be next on Rocksteady's plate?

There's also posters advertising Metropolis as a tourist destination and I've heard a random thug say that he hopes that freak from Metropolis doesn't fly in.

I don't think Rocksteady is insinuating anything here, Batman and Superman share the same universe so it's more like an easter egg (although not particularly well hidden, as far as the gigantic Lex Corp building is concerned) for fans as you said. I think a Superman game would be pretty difficult to make, given how insane Supes' powers are but I'd definitely like to see Rocksteady give it a try.

There's also posters advertising Metropolis as a tourist destination and I've heard a random thug say that he hopes that freak from Metropolis doesn't fly in.

I don't think Rocksteady is insinuating anything here, Batman and Superman share the same universe so it's more like an easter egg (although not particularly well hidden, as far as the gigantic Lex Corp building is concerned) for fans as you said. I think a Superman game would be pretty difficult to make, given how insane Supes' powers are but I'd definitely like to see Rocksteady give it a try.

I hope they do. And since Rocksteady claims this is the last Batman Arkham game, it would make sense to shift to a new series with a new hero. I hope it's Superman. While I love Batman more, I think a Superman game could be very unique.

Batmobile Arkham Tank : that's the real name of this game !

it's a car game (and i don't like cars).

it's a shooting game (and i dont like shooting games).

it's sometimes a batman game.

for the story, some ideas are great, really great.

but you can't beat the story without... a car !

you have a false end, and a true end (100% mission).

so, you need to do everything BEFORE playing the story ? WOAOOOO this is scandalous. because if you're not, you die !

City is a masterpiece. Asylum comes second. Origins is a real Batman Game. this... Batmobile game is not a Batman Game.

for the record, i just beat with the.. Batmobile (again the car, always the car) the 9th riddler trial : pain in the ass.

because i'm not Fangio or Ayrton Senna. and that's a game for Gran Turismo Fan, not the Beat'em All i expected.

on the Facebook page of rocksteady, lots of people are not happy : the freezes or black screen (on PC, and on PS4 : i had them myself).

and of course the tank/car/whatever, which is not a Batman game, but the funerals of the franchise.

never buy a rocksteady game again ! (only the remastered City, Asylum) 

batmobile is not a gadget, it's a weapon !!!

with it, you can kill in the streets (this is soooooooooo batman, to kill people, don't you think ? but i did kill people. of course, i'm not playing a batman game, so i can ;) )

and when you'll finally try the third lap of the 9th trial of the riddler, you can talk about car and races, i assure you  ;)

my vid of me driving for the RA challenge of this third lap :

not a shooting game ? haven't you shoot drones with your tank (i mean your weapon, the batmobile) ? 

of course that's shooting. that's clearly the definition of shooting. crystal.

but i wonder : have you play the game very far ? if so, you should know that ;)

my vid of me.. shooting : 

AR challenges, most of them are devoted to the car/tank. races and shooting. Batmobile Tank Night, that's the real name of the game, it appears so.

for the endings, i maybe have wrong informations. thank you to correct me ;)

(and that's not a good news : this maner to do, a labyrinthic end ? nuck this knightfall protocol and stupid idea from rocksteady : an end is an end.

there's one end, not many. we should be in a batman game with one end, not on a japanese game with multiple ends. crazy)

I'm sorry but you're just being ignorant of Batman's history as a character. The batmobile is as much a part of Batman as his batarangs are. Rocksteady worked to make the Batmobile important to the game as a whole, not just some gimmick, much like it would be to actual Batman.

Sure, were they lazy with the boss battles and how they handled the tank combat in those? yes. Overall? its a great feature that adds to the game, not reduces it. The combat is the best it has been in the franchise and so is the stealth. The game's short comings are mostly all within the plot [for me personally], not the car.

They stressed time and time again they made this game with the Batmobile going into almost every aspect of the game.

As someone who's played all the Arkham games, including the Vita/3DS one, and several other Batman games which shall remain nameless, I've got to say, this is the definitive Batman game.

At first I was like, "Well, this is exactly like the previous games, which is fine, but still"

Then I was like, "Woah, this Batmobile is awesome, controls like dog shit though"

But then I was like, "This game isn't all that special, I'm glad I got it for cheap"

All of a sudden though, "Oh, I get it, this is kind of cool, driving a tank and whatnot"

Then, "Boom boom, motherfuckers, I'm the god damned Batman!"

If not for the annoying 200+ Riddler trophies, I'd go for the plat right now, but I'll give it a go sometime soonish anyway.

Pros:

Batmobile is dope.

Story for the most part is great.

Being Batman is as fun as ever.

As is the usual with a forth entry, everything feels polished to perfection, THIS is the one to play if you only get one.

Those damn Riddler races are some of the most fun things in existence.

Gotham City, at least to a Burton Bat fan like myself, looks fucking gorgeous.

Cons:

Batmobile drives like you're on dope (at first).

Feels more or less identical to the previous entries, other than the Batmobile.

The story, and title character in particular, have a decent number of plot holes.

Too much of a good thing can actually be a bad thing, hunting all the Riddler trophies, I know is gonna piss me off.

Actually i'd say its more like Schumacher's city with all the neon and stuff. That isn't bad though, I always thought the colors/city were the best thing about those films, they just weren't used with proper architecture unlike Arkham Knight which combines gothic and modern.

Maybe I just notice this because I play alot of combat challenge maps but combat is way, way smoother now, so many options with your new gadget abilities and attacking people while they're prone.

So I just beat the game and it went from my favorite game in the franchise to one of the best games I've played in years. The end of the game is absolutely incredible, especially if you've played the entire series. 

Parker

If you've played Origins, this really feels more like a follow up to that than City.

The ending of Origins was all about how Batman sees Joker and what it means to him sub consciously and psychologically, this is the opposite. It shows us how Joker views things.

Edited by HaSoOoN-MHD
  • Like 1

I enjoyed the ride

The incessant need of constantly throwing tank battles in your face is tiring

Plot is thin and very predictable

Can't help but feel a lot of the story is locked behind silly pre order bonus and dlc, the game raises too many questions and does not provide a lot of answers

88/100

I'm sorry but you're just being ignorant of Batman's history as a character. The batmobile is as much a part of Batman as his batarangs are. Rocksteady worked to make the Batmobile important to the game as a whole, not just some gimmick, much like it would be to actual Batman.

Sure, were they lazy with the boss battles and how they handled the tank combat in those? yes. Overall? its a great feature that adds to the game, not reduces it. The combat is the best it has been in the franchise and so is the stealth. The game's short comings are mostly all within the plot [for me personally], not the car.

They stressed time and time again they made this game with the Batmobile going into almost every aspect of the game.

Actually i'd say its more like Schumacher's city with all the neon and stuff. That isn't bad though, I always thought the colors/city were the best thing about those films, they just weren't used with proper architecture unlike Arkham Knight which combines gothic and modern.

Maybe I just notice this because I play alot of combat challenge maps but combat is way, way smoother now, so many options with your new gadget abilities and attacking people while they're prone.

If you've played Origins, this really feels more like a follow up to that than City.

The ending of Origins was all about how Batman sees Joker and what it means to him sub consciously and psychologically, this is the opposite. It shows us how Joker views things.

Oh Boy...

call me ignorant...

i'm 42, read Batman before you, i think (no offense)

learn to read in Batman, if you want to know.

sure he has gadgets. sure he has a car. and ?

the point is about THE game, THIS game. and the place that a CAR has in it, and in the trophies list.

for exemple, the trophy where you need to do 5 perfect shot in a row, is it a "Call of" trophy ? it might be. 

but it's in a "called "batman game".

shooting is not my kind of game, and i probably won't have the plat just because of... aiming with a car ???

are they serious ????

i have the two others plat from rocksteady game. they were hard, with the challenges, but it's the batman style. and if you don't use gadgets in shock and awa extreme, how can you beat the challenge ?

to use a car, to move in the city, to defend himself, yes of course. but here, lots of things are about this tank he has. too often.

and watch the RA challenges : 24 stars are devoted to combat or predator, the rest is CAR stars. on 78 stars (scarecrow DLC included). 

rocksteady can do it perfectly, and that was a good idea to include a car to play (not just like in Asylum). because graphics follow. and that's ok for me.

sure, using sometimes the car in the story is not bad. really. but here, it's a lot. a lot too much in my opinion.

NIGMA : ok, it has his riddles, and now there's trials. ok (again). trials with car ? ok for one or two. but count how many races he proposes.

and for the trophies in gotham, when it's races, is that a riddle to solve to use a car ??? really ???

where's the Riddler in that case of races ? he's shown not as a clever men (but mad, and hating batman's intellect) but as a sadist, who is changed, because car races are not about intellect. 

sure it's a beautiful game. and the story which continues about the joker is very good.

they have wrote a very powerfull story end to a franchise. i'll remember that. because it's darker than the casual stuff.

because it reminds me the work of genius Frank Miller.

but a game is not just a story, however wonderfull it is.

and, for trophy hunters we are, this list with so much car in it, so much shooting, is insane, and betray Batman : batman is not a cowboy, as far as i know.

and they made him like it :  powerfull horse tank to ride, and a powerfull horse tank to shoot. they made him as a sheriff just like in a western.

can't you see that ???

he's not a sheriff in town, a vigilante, with superior skills (intellect, combat, agility, etc), works with the sheriff gordon. but he's not one. 

they made a legendary joker in this game. a masterpiece. the main reason to play the game, cuz it's really worth it for him.

and the way the joker is included is so brilliant. so brilliant. that's why i really appreciate the game. and the abuse of the car (so the change of riddler and batman), that's why they deserve shame !

Edited by fregoli1

Oh Boy...

call me ignorant...

i'm 42, read Batman before you, i think (no offense)

learn to read in Batman, if you want to know.

sure he has gadgets. sure he has a car. and ?

the point is about THE game, THIS game. and the place that a CAR has in it, and in the trophies list.

for exemple, the trophy where you need to do 5 perfect shot in a row, is it a "Call of" trophy ? it might be. 

but it's in a "called "batman game".

shooting is not my kind of game, and i probably won't have the plat just because of... aiming with a car ???

are they serious ????

i have the two others plat from rocksteady game. they were hard, with the challenges, but it's the batman style. and if you don't use gadgets in shock and awa extreme, how can you beat the challenge ?

to use a car, to move in the city, to defend himself, yes of course. but here, lots of things are about this tank he has. too often.

and watch the RA challenges : 24 stars are devoted to combat or predator, the rest is CAR stars. on 78 stars (scarecrow DLC included). 

rocksteady can do it perfectly, and that was a good idea to include a car to play (not just like in Asylum). because graphics follow. and that's ok for me.

sure, using sometimes the car in the story is not bad. really. but here, it's a lot. a lot too much in my opinion.

NIGMA : ok, it has his riddles, and now there's trials. ok (again). trials with car ? ok for one or two. but count how many races he proposes.

and for the trophies in gotham, when it's races, is that a riddle to solve to use a car ??? really ???

where's the Riddler in that case of races ? he's shown not as a clever men (but mad, and hating batman's intellect) but as a sadist, who is changed, because car races are not about intellect. 

sure it's a beautiful game. and the story which continues about the joker is very good.

they have wrote a very powerfull story end to a franchise. i'll remember that. because it's darker than the casual stuff.

because it reminds me the work of genius Frank Miller.

but a game is not just a story, however wonderfull it is.

and, for trophy hunters we are, this list with so much car in it, so much shooting, is insane, and betray Batman : batman is not a cowboy, as far as i know.

and they made him like it :  powerfull horse tank to ride, and a powerfull horse tank to shoot. they made him as a sheriff just like in a western.

can't you see that ???

he's not a sheriff in town, a vigilante, with superior skills (intellect, combat, agility, etc), works with the sheriff gordon. but he's not one. 

they made a legendary joker in this game. a masterpiece. the main reason to play the game, cuz it's really worth it for him.

and the way the joker is included is so brilliant. so brilliant. that's why i really appreciate the game. and the abuse of the car (so the change of riddler and batman), that's why they deserve shame !

If you're well versed as you claim about Batman, you'd know that ever Batmobile that isn't the original red corvette had guns attached to it. You're weird anti shooting tirade makes no sense, Batman is facing an army. A multi billion dollar army with tanks and drones. It would be the most preposterous thing if there was no shooting. The tank is Batman's answer to the army, this game makes sense that way. Its overused with boss fights, but it has its place and the tank fights do.

There is intelligence when it comes to the races, some semblance of skill and thinking required on how to get there the fastest route and way possible. Riddler has always been like this, its what makes his character. He's willing to go to any length to fulfill his sense of narcissism and superiority, we got way more variety with Riddler this time and an actual story.

Edited by HaSoOoN-MHD

army : it's a choice. a story choice. 

and to have an equilibrium, sure a tank called batmobile make sense.

but it make sense because of the original choice.

if they hadn't made that original choice, you can still have a batmobile in the game, maybe not a tank, and maybe not a so huge participating car to the story.

so, don't be confused about that ;)

races : a driver is not considered as an intellectual. a chess player yes, as he uses tactics, specific strategies. but a driver no. don't be confused about that.

riddler sees batman as an opponent on the part where is good at : intellectual part. as he is full of narcissim and have the felling of his greatness, batman is a nemesis for him.

riddler wants to claim his superiority, and fails everytime. that's why he is a particular character, and funny one. 

conceiving races with lots of danger might be an intellectual excercice, sure ok. that's the only way i can see that and prove your point. 

but don't say that an intellectual combat in races exists : there is no riddle to solve in that. just driving well.

nothing about shooting ? i'm not able, at the moment, to do "5 perfect shot in a row". so, i'm not able to plat the game. because i don't play fps, or call of, or gun's game.

that's why i also love batman : he has no gun he don't have to shoot.

but in this game, it's an obligation. you see the point ? hope so ;)

EDIT : and there is this, can't believe it : beware of spoil : a Boss Fight which is... a TANK BATTLE : http://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/5211327-post62.html
(origins is superior than arkham knight, that's definitive, a fact)

Edited by fregoli1

Does difficulty affects any of the trophies ? cuz unknowingly i played the game and completed almost 85% of the entire game and collected 45 trophies so far. Now i've play it from my actual account from the start. thinking of using the Easy mode so that i can complete the game as soon as possible. So does easy mode affect my platinum goal ? will it unlock the New Game + mode ? Please help me

Does difficulty affects any of the trophies ? cuz unknowingly i played the game and completed almost 85% of the entire game and collected 45 trophies so far. Now i've play it from my actual account from the start. thinking of using the Easy mode so that i can complete the game as soon as possible. So does easy mode affect my platinum goal ? will it unlock the New Game + mode ? Please help me

Technically speaking, yes.  NG+ does force you to play on Knightmare, but you will unlock NG+ by beating the game on easy.

Edited by Phoenix8387

Technically speaking, yes.  NG+ does force you to play on Knightmare, but you will unlock NG+ by beating the game on easy.

so  i can play in easy mode from the start right ? cuz i don't care about the difficulty, i can play in knightmare, but my concern is i just want to finish the game asap and want to play NG+ for the platinum

I find this game lack of boss fights, the fact that they couldve done a lot better for side missions where you face lots of villains just lets me down. Instead of mini boss fights now all we need to do is a simple button in most cases or just awfully watch cutscenes. Really disappointed, hope that they will make amends in upcoming dlcs. Please dont be just skins and costumes, at least show some efforts, preordered and exclusive dlcs just feel like challenge maps.

I liked it a lot. It was the kinda game where you start playing at 3pm and the next time you check the clock it's 2am. The story was good and the gameplay was as great as it was to be expected. It took some time for me to get used to the Batmobile but i think it's fine.

• Like 1

Just finished the main story. What a fantastic game. Honestly, one of the best games I have ever played. I will say this, however, play Arkham Asylum and Arkham City before you play this game. You will enjoy the game a lot more. I played a couple hours of Arkham Knight, and then I went back to finish Arkham City. If I wouldn't have done that, I don't think I would have enjoyed the game as much as I did. 

The batmobile was an awesome feature as well IMHO. 

Awesome game. Easily a 10/10 for me. 

• Like 1

I have completed absolutely everything except the Riddler trophies in my first playthrough. I really didn't feel like going for 200 something trophies so I started my New Game + game today. It is certainly noticeably more difficult, especially in more chaotic fights, but I think it is ultimately more enjoyable as well.

Also, does anyone else think Rocksteady plan on doing a Superman game next? I've been hearing a ton of Superman references from the street thugs lately and part of me wants to believe they are little Easter eggs letting us know what the studio is up to.

Parker  

army : it's a choice. a story choice. 

and to have an equilibrium, sure a tank called batmobile make sense.

but it make sense because of the original choice.

if they hadn't made that original choice, you can still have a batmobile in the game, maybe not a tank, and maybe not a so huge participating car to the story.

so, don't be confused about that ;)

races : a driver is not considered as an intellectual. a chess player yes, as he uses tactics, specific strategies. but a driver no. don't be confused about that.

riddler sees batman as an opponent on the part where is good at : intellectual part. as he is full of narcissim and have the felling of his greatness, batman is a nemesis for him.

riddler wants to claim his superiority, and fails everytime. that's why he is a particular character, and funny one. 

conceiving races with lots of danger might be an intellectual excercice, sure ok. that's the only way i can see that and prove your point. 

but don't say that an intellectual combat in races exists : there is no riddle to solve in that. just driving well.

nothing about shooting ? i'm not able, at the moment, to do "5 perfect shot in a row". so, i'm not able to plat the game. because i don't play fps, or call of, or gun's game.

that's why i also love batman : he has no gun he don't have to shoot.

but in this game, it's an obligation. you see the point ? hope so ;)

EDIT : and there is this, can't believe it : beware of spoil : a Boss Fight which is... a TANK BATTLE : http://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/5211327-post62.html

(origins is superior than arkham knight, that's definitive, a fact)

The choice of having an army in the game raises the stakes, and it allows for a pedestrian empty city, the latter which makes things easier for Rocksteady and the former beneficial to the plot as a whole. They needed to give us Gotham or otherwise there is no feel of proper progression in terms of scale and scope from City.

They aren't straight race tracks though. They're filled with danger and unpredictability along with traps and challenges that well, challenge Batman. its not just point A to point B, and they're fucking fun at the end of the day.

You just aim at the bright light on the tank and press a button. You're able to acquire every single Riddler trophy, 69 stars in challenge maps but unable to get 5 perfect shots? you're really exaggerating this.

Batman has never needed a gun in person [although he did use one in the Golden Age but that's erased from continuity], every single Batmobile has had guns on it. I struggle to think of a single modern, all black Batmobile that hasn't had some kind of explosive or ammunition on it.

Uhm..there is a tank fight, okay. The boss fights in this game suck, but they also sucked in both Arkahm City and Arkham Asylum, don't remember any tanks in those games.

And no there is no objective fact in any of what you said. 

Also, does anyone else think Rocksteady plan on doing a Superman game next? I've been hearing a ton of Superman references from the street thugs lately and part of me wants to believe they are little Easter eggs letting us know what the studio is up to.  

I'm thinking they plan on making a Justice League game at some point. There's a bunch of references to many DC heroes not just Superman. There's a building owned by Oliver Queen (Green Arrow) in on one of the islands, and his name is also on a random newspaper in the Diner at the beginning of the game. There's also a lot of posters mentioning Keystone which is the city where Wally West (Flash) is from, you can also hear thugs talking about Flash at certain points throughout the game. I'm sure there's many more but those are the ones I can remember right now. 

Superman definitely has the most easter eggs though: The Lex Luthor building, the message he leaves on Bruce's answer machine, the thugs talking about Superman, and the Metropolis posters around the city. So who knows, maybe they'll start with a Superman game and then move on to the rest of the Justice League.

Edited by Dark_Tooth69