Campaign deleted

yourwifemykidsx

so my campaign save got corrupted 3 times. it seems it's something about shutting down the PS4 with "turn off console" while you are still in game. so if you start a campaign and don't want it to get erased, while in game playing the campaign, hit the options button , exit to main menu, close the game with "close application" and then turn off your PS4. yeah, i know, it's stupid that dice didn't fix this almost 2 years after launch and i really doubt i'll even start playing the campaign again for some time, but at least some people may see this and not lose their progress too.

Some say it also happens because of a multiplayer bug. so try not to touch the MP until you finish SP

Edited by yourwifemykidsx

I did all the BF4 Singleplayer trophies in a day - because of knowing this glitch existed.

Sure enough, a few days later my BF4 'crashed' (giving that PS error screen) whilst I tried to go back into the campaign to check a few things up, load up the game again, campaign data wiped.

It's a known glitch with no fix besides dropping somewhat lucky, if you can do everything in a day that's your best bet!

• 1 month later...

Lol, yea, I finished the campaign twice.  Had to back up my PS4 game save on the cloud from my friend's house, then when I backed it up on my own PS4, the save didn't even work... this happened on 2 occasions.  I realized this only happens if you tend to go into MP.  Play offline SP just to make sure, although I don't even know if that would work.

• 10 months later...

This just happened to me, I'm not too torn up about it since I was 3 missions in on my collectible playthrough and had to do another for hard anyways.

My problem is no MP matches are available now, which has never happened. I tried different game modes, different server types (newbie, ranked, official) and there are "no available matches". I checked back later; same error. There's no way that's possible, that started once my campaign wiped.

EDIT: Started a new campaign, closed out of game, then reopened and checked for servers, all fixed.

Edited by lumphy101