Xeliot's Hall of Keyblade Mastery Exam

Xel

Excellent use of GIF files, which I'm still trying to figure out how to do since they've been a staple on forum websites for over a decade.

Terrific descriptions of each platinum you've earned. A good number of games you've platinumed I own or plan to buy.

• Like 1

Congrats on the Bully plat! It's a very interesting choice of a game. I consider giving it a go every now and then... something about a very schoolkid-centric twist on the GTA formula just seems like a silly enough idea to work for me :P

And Kat, it's hard to blame ya when you have as extensive a trophy log as yours! But that's all the more reason to make your checklist ASAP; before you have even MORE work ahead of ya. My advice is to start writing it up in Google Docs or something, so you don't have to write the entire thread in one go.

Mr. Mothman@ It's not just the amount of platinum's I've got to post and put my respective thoughts about that, but it's also on what the heck should I name it or make it themed after! I was considering something either Star Wars related or something like "Dante's hall of slain titans". The reason why titans is that one of my analogies for trophy hunting is that I view platinum's as Titans' from Attack on Titan, so I taught it'd be cool if I'd go on with that theme.

• Like 1

Mr. Mothman@ It's not just the amount of platinum's I've got to post and put my respective thoughts about that, but it's also on what the heck should I name it or make it themed after! I was considering something either Star Wars related or something like "Dante's hall of slain titans". The reason why titans is that one of my analogies for trophy hunting is that I view platinum's as Titans' from Attack on Titan, so I taught it'd be cool if I'd go on with that theme.

Heh... sounds cool to me! Themes aren't necessary, but they sure are fun! Ultimately I believe that it's best to theme a plat thread after something you're passionate about, and expect yourself to stay passionate about. Be it a theme (me and bugs), a series (Xel and KH), or whatever else. If Attack on Titan is that for you, that sounds like an excellent analogy to go with!

Really, nothing's necessary at all in a plat thread. It's just that listing every game we have done/to do and sharing reflections of our experiences is a common tradition, but not really a rule!

... now I wanna work my own trophy analogy more deeply into my own plat thread for fun's sake. You know the one :P

Edited by CediFonei
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

1S2511dd.png#104 FIFA 17  :platinum: 

MK4DEjE.gif

This year the game is very boring and frustrating. Gameplay is worse than Fifa 16, especially in multi, where physical contrasts are more important than player skills, and there is the impression that we don't have a real control of the gameplay. Bah...

1S9b1ce4.png#105 WORLD OF FINAL FANTASY  :platinum: 

tumblr_ofqbq6ujq41sd29ego5_r1_500.gif

The demo doesn't do the game justice. From the demo, it seems like a childish and overly simplified system, bordering on boring. After purchasing, I find this holds true for the first 1-3 (of the 21) chapters of the game. Then it suddenly picks up and you realize the complexities of building the right stacks. Definitely, one of this year's sleeper hits.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

1Se1bfb8.png#106 Code: Realize ~Guardian of Rebirth~  :platinum: 

1S2c5635.png#107 Skyrim Special Edition   :platinum:

1S2b85cf.png#108 FINAL FANTASY XV  :platinum: 

tumblr_static_tumblr_static_jzvtop33dcgc

Final Fantasy has always re-invented itself, and this time is no exception. 

From the vastness of the open world to the epic masterful soundtrack, everything in here feels Final Fantasy, and at the same time, it doesn't. Combat took a heavy action-oriented take, replacing the classic "per-turn" based gameplay for real-time combat. Even though the controls and combat mechanics are FAR superior of those seen at both the Duscae and Platinum demos, it never reaches the overall supreme quality of other action-oriented RPG's (Dark Souls series comes to mind), but nevertheless it's addictive, fast-paced, visual and easy to understand, yet hard to master. 

Storywise, this game does not reach the insurmountable highs set by Final Fantasy VII or IX, but it's not bad at all, by any means, as a long timed Final Fantasy fan, I would place this entry in the "good" storied main games. The Characters are lovely, Noctis' friends earn their place as one of the best parties on the series (yes, also the smallest), and by the end of the road, the little memories of photographs, fishing, hunting or driving around next to Noctis' friends are the memories that remain, not the epic and amazing set pieces this game offers (And it offers quite a lot of epic moments, but it quite never reaches the incredible highs of other games on the genre, but bear in mind this is an RPG most of all). 

You control Prince Noctis, in your road to marry his childhood friend Lunafreya. On the road, the empire overtakes Noctis' kingdom and its up to you to reclaim your throne, in order to do so, you must earn the power to take down the empire. It's a simple premise, with some twists at the end of the game, where the game suddenly changes its open world structure for a more heavily story-focussed linear path. That might overthrow some people, but in the end it turned out to be a very wise decision by the folks at Square-Enix, and after the credits roll, you may drive again in the open world, to tie up loose ends, so this design helped both the open world mechanic and the story, and it's a welcomed change to the RPG model. 

The best moments of Final Fantasy XV are those heartwarming moments these four friends share, heavily reinforced by a beautiful soundtrack. At its very core, this is a story about friendship, not kings or gods, set in a fantastic world of impossible scale. 

The amount of content is huge, sadly sometimes filled with tedious fetch-quests, although the party reactions along the way alleviates the tedium and adds a layer of humor, much welcomed after the bore-fest that were Final Fantasy XIII's story and characters. 

At the end of the day, even though story wise is not the greatest final fantasy game, in terms of pure video game mechanics is one of the best, and it paves the way for a bright future of the franchise. This is a Final Fantasy for all of us, fans or newcomers. If sharing heartwarming memories with friends, exploring caves, summoning powerful creatures, managing inventory, riding Chocobos and saving the world is not Final Fantasy, then I do not know what it is. 

Final Fantasy XV probably it's not the best Final Fantasy ever made, but no another Final Fantasy (Or JRPG for that matter) is like Final Fantasy XV. This is a game that will stick with you if given the opportunity
Edited by Xeliot
  • Like 4

• 1 month later...

1Scb6eca.png#109 MAGICKA 2 :platinum:

m987Muc.gif

Fun, old style game with new magic dynamics that rely on the combination of different elements. For me, it is a blast. Thanks, Sony, for giving such a nice game for free.

Edited by Xeliot

• 1 month later...

Dead thread will remain dead, but I don't know why I keep reviving it. Whateves.

1Sb6e8f1.png#110 Nier:Automata :platinum:

tumblr_nx66pd0mdl1ql1vwko8_1280.gif

It deservedly took the crown from Kingdom Hearts II as my favorite game of all time. It's been a while since I've played a game with so much passion and love. Fantastic soundtrack and an engaging, deep combat, and thought-provoking story. GOTY contender for sure. Thank you, Yoko Taro. You magnificent weirdo.