Flag or region information for games that have multiple trophy sets according to region

Sly needs to hire Mango, then we would actually get some stuff done around here

Teehee, how kind of you! I know a little bit of HTML (but maybe not quite enough to fix something when I break the site), where do I start? xD

Nah, but once Sly releases the update for the new website framework he really, really just needs to sit down and ask people in the feedback forums "okay, what are all the little things I should add" and just add all the little things people have been asking for. If he makes me a monkey for cool additions that someone would need to manage like marking unobtainable trophies on lists or something like OP suggested, I'd be more than willing to help with that! :P

Edited by BlindMango
  • Like 3

If he makes me a monkey for cool additions that someone would need to manage like marking unobtainable trophies on lists or something like OP suggested, I'd be more than willing to help with that! :P

As long as you accept support on that like you do with the header images, I'm sure you won't have too much work to do. The community here is eager to help on site improvements from the small time I spend here.

Already suggested many times and guess what was the answer...?

It's being worked on, like everything else.

You seem pissed about something.

It's not being worked on, it hasn't really been considered. It would need to be manually updated, I'd need a list of all possible regions so I can figure out some kind of formatting for it.

Snagged this from teh interwebs...

REGION 1 -- USA, Canada 

REGION 2 -- Japan, Europe, South Africa, Middle East, Greenland 
REGION 3 -- S.Korea, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Parts of South East Asia 
REGION 4 -- Australia, New Zealand, Latin America (including Mexico) 
REGION 5 -- Eastern Europe, Russia, India, Africa 
REGION 6 -- China 
REGION 7 -- Reserved for Unspecified Special Use 
REGION 8 -- Reserved for Cruise Ships, Airlines, etc... 
REGION 0 or REGION ALL -- Discs are uncoded and can be played Worldwide.

That's DVD regions and you'll find it marked on all PS games, but it's not necessarily the region for the Trophy list e.g. Region 2 (EU) and Region 4 (AU/NZ) PS games are cross-compatible and both fall under Sony EU, but I don't think that's the case for Japan and perhaps Mexico / Latin America.

So maybe this is more accurate -

BLUS, BLES, BLAS and BLJS 

America, Europe, Asia, Japan.

Edited by ant1th3s1s

Teehee, how kind of you! I know a little bit of HTML (but maybe not quite enough to fix something when I break the site), where do I start? xD

Nah, but once Sly releases the update for the new website framework he really, really just needs to sit down and ask people in the feedback forums "okay, what are all the little things I should add" and just add all the little things people have been asking for. If he makes me a monkey for cool additions that someone would need to manage like marking unobtainable trophies on lists or something like OP suggested, I'd be more than willing to help with that! :P

Naturally Sly deserves a lot of praise but behind the scenes it's Mango who's keeping the psnp boat afloat with the amazing work he does on the trophy cards and headers so many thanks and keep up the good work

• Like 1

Naturally Sly deserves a lot of praise but behind the scenes it's Mango who's keeping the psnp boat afloat with the amazing work he does on the trophy cards and headers so many thanks and keep up the good work

Thanks! It means a lot, it's something that I love to do so I'm glad people like it :)

- - - 

Also, I do want to sort of let everyone know the exact situation that Sly is dealing with at the moment from recent conversations with him, Sly has been doing a crap-load of work over the past months working on rewriting the site onto a new framework, and that is by no means an easy task at all. Hopefully y'all can understand that it would sort of be counterproductive to add a major feature as from what I understand, he would essentially have to code it twice at the moment in the current iteration of the site and then code it slightly differently for the revision he's working on - also meaning that would just delay overall progress on him simply rewriting everything (the constant server issues last month already delayed his progress a bit, lol). Basically it is a situation that is a living hell if he wants to add something during that time and it makes much more sense to just wait to roll out new features after he finishes what he's working on. Unlike what I do, his job is very much internal and you don't see the day by day progress, but don't worry he isn't ignoring you all, he just sort of ... can't really add anything too major at the moment with specifically what he's doing. :P

Edited by BlindMango
  • Like 4

You seem pissed about something.

It's not being worked on, it hasn't really been considered. It would need to be manually updated, I'd need a list of all possible regions so I can figure out some kind of formatting for it.

Hm, no? This was already suggested before and that was the answer given. All suggestions done on this section are either labeled as "being worked on" or "silently ditched", if I wasn't on the vita and late to leave, I would quote some examples.

Aren't all trophy sets the same? No matter what region are they for? Aside from trophy rarity, I don't really see the point in this. But hey, if you want it, maybe you'll have it.

The trophies are the same but sometimes you get two (or more) different sets for the same game depending on region (even though the trophies in each set are the same). Search for Catherine, for example, you'll see that you've got two sets: one for NA, one for EU.

This is bad for checking out the overall rarity of any given trophy, but good for people that want to get the trophies multiple times.

Blindmango if we can suggest ideas to sly i would say that unattainable tophies should be marked with red its like the trophies we got are marked with green unattainable ones should be marked with red

Blindmango if we can suggest ideas to sly i would say that unattainable tophies should be marked with red its like the trophies we got are marked with green unattainable ones should be marked with red

There's another problem related to "region-set" i want to report:

When somebody create a guide, that guide is linked to a specific trophy-set, and that could create some issue.

Example:

Looking for "Tales of Xillia 2" trophies, you found a 18%average-set (just French and Spanish????) and a 21%average-set (the classic multi5-set).

Well if i look for the guide from the 21%average-set, psnp tell me there's no guide for this game yet.... but there's a guide for Tales of Xillia 2, but it's linked to the other set, the one with 18% of average rarity.

• Like 2

When somebody create a guide, that guide is linked to a specific trophy-set, and that could create some issue.

Example:

Looking for "Tales of Xillia 2" trophies, you found a 18%average-set (just French and Spanish????) and a 21%average-set (the classic multi5-set).

Well if i look for the guide from the 21%average-set, psnp tell me there's no guide for this game yet.... but there's a guide for Tales of Xillia 2, but it's linked to the other set, the one with 18% of average rarity.

This is very similar to the fact that if there is a guide for a game on PS3, but that game has a PS4 version, the guide wont show when looking at the later. I believe at some point the guides should/will be merged.

Example:

Yes, I'm way ahead of you with this  :P I've brought that up to Sly a while ago as something I'd like to see added to the guide system. For example, there is a trophy guide for Sound Shapes and a guide for almost every piece of DLC but they are all split up among the 6 game lists for that game. Linking/merging lists to one set of guides on the list of things to add to the guide system, but Sly told me if it were properly implemented, it would be a bit of a complicated project. So it would basically be one of those things he would have to really focus on later on as its own project if he were to do it.  ;)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Unfortunately as far as I know, there's not a whole lot of consistency when it comes to stacking trophy lists.

But not correct for everything.

I just think of the last two Wolfenstein games.

One list for DACH (Germany, Austria, Switzerland), the other one for the rest of the world.

Then there's some games that have their own list for Russia too.

Hmm? Where do you see it being implemented? If so, Sly must be working on it I suppose  :P

Demon Souls now have the (US) tag on it, a guy created a boosting thread for it and I realized. So beautiful...

https://psnprofiles.com/forums/forum/227-demons-souls-us/

https://psnprofiles.com/forums/forum/225-demons-souls-eu/

Edited by TheYuriG

Demon Souls now have the (US) tag on it, a guy created a boosting thread for it and I realized. So beautiful...

https://psnprofiles.com/forums/forum/227-demons-souls-us/

https://psnprofiles.com/forums/forum/225-demons-souls-eu/

Sorry to crash your hopes, but this has been here from the start.

I think the main point of this suggestion was to make it visible on the actual trophy list.

Forum sections were region-divided since I became a member.