Thoughts on trophies?

demonoid321

Digital only. 4-6 hour plat. I got hung up on a couple of the stunt jumps. They are the only tricky part of the game.

The races can be cheesed - don't follow the track, drive around the jumps (you will fail if you go way off course, but most tracks you can just drive beside the jumps and go way faster)

For the stunt jumps, abuse the rewind feature. You will need a bit of luck to get a clean run to the ramp with max speed - try using 3-4 boosts in rapid succession, then boost jump just before launch.

I played the other Monster jam and enjoyed it somewhat. Is this anything like it? If so I may buy it.

Not really. There are 3 modes - races, skill and stunt.

Races are like the previous Monster Jam, you vs another racer, but they are very short and easy (they are 3 rounds, and usually only 15 seconds). The controls for the racing are awful, but again, it is very easy.

There are also freestyle races as the final event in each race arena, but they are ridiculous. I just drove around, with my truck looking like it was having a seizure, and I racked up points apparently doing tricks. Really the controls are so bad, I'm not sure I could have actually pulled off stunts by trying. The only tricky trophy there was the front flip.

Skill events are actually side scrolling, on rails. Basically you need to navigate hills, avoid hazards and land jumps. You have to make it to the finish line before time expires. You would have to try hard to fail on the time, but you can flip your truck, and are much more likely to mess up due to that than due to being too slow. These events were pretty enjoyable IMO, mostly because there was no steering to get in the way.

The last event type is stunt. It is set up like skill, side scrolling, but you have to perform a specific task - jump a specific distance, drive over a certain number of cars, or land in a specific target area. There is then a combined event with all 3 of those in one run.

You should be cruising in the game until you hit the jump in Forest. You can't clear it at first. In fact, you likely will need a fully upgraded truck before you can really tackle stunt mode. The jump run in Forest and the combined event in Urban are definitely the hardest thing in the game. Probably spent an hour on those two. You must hit the ramp at ~180mph, then nail the superjump boost. The problem is your truck either flips or spins on the ramp approach most of the time. You basically have to just keep trying until you get a clean descent. If there is a predictable way to do it, I was unable to find out how. So it comes down to spam boost, hit the jump, then rewind if you didn't get perfect speed and launch.

Even with that my plat time was 6 hours, and I took at least a 1 hour break. Others are getting 4-5 hour plat times. If you can master the tricky stunt runs, 4 hours can be done. If you struggle, 5-6 hours is more likely.

• Like 1

I played the other Monster jam and enjoyed it somewhat. Is this anything like it? If so I may buy it.

I played the demo and it seems much worse than monster jam path of destruction unfortunately. I guess it explains the 14.99 sticker price but controls, modes, and graphics are pretty bad.

I agree with the other poster that the steering is so bad, the game mode where you play "on rails" might actually be a good thing, lol.

Can anyone give some tips for the precision forrest event. No matter what I am trying I cannot reach the red target.

I have done up a guide on .org with some tips.

Without question, this is the hardest event - odd, since it is also unlocked right at the start. Urban Challenge is also pretty tough.

The key to these is to have a fully upgraded truck - don't think it matters which you use, they all seem to have the same specs.

You need a clean run to the ramp at max speed. Unfortunately the truck tends to  spin on the descent most of the time. It pretty much seems to be luck to get a clean run.

My strategy was to slowly climb up the peak, and go over the top - there is a second, lower peak right after. This should be your starting point. Go over the crest from here slowly, try not to get any air. Once you are on the downslope and in control, do a series of 4 back to back boosts. Most of the time you will spin out, and if you do, just rewind. Maybe 10% of the time you will have a clean run, and should be at the ramp with a speed of 170-180mph. This is the minimum speed you will need to reach the red target.

If you got a lucky run and are at the ramp, quickly hold triangle and try to release right at launch.

Again, this will come down to luck and getting the max speed and perfect superjump activation.

The rewind button will be your friend, you have no time limit, and as long as you don't touch down after the jump, you can keep rewinding to your spot on the top of the hill

I have done up a guide on .org with some tips.

Without question, this is the hardest event - odd, since it is also unlocked right at the start. Urban Challenge is also pretty tough.

The key to these is to have a fully upgraded truck - don't think it matters which you use, they all seem to have the same specs.

You need a clean run to the ramp at max speed. Unfortunately the truck tends to  spin on the descent most of the time. It pretty much seems to be luck to get a clean run.

My strategy was to slowly climb up the peak, and go over the top - there is a second, lower peak right after. This should be your starting point. Go over the crest from here slowly, try not to get any air. Once you are on the downslope and in control, do a series of 4 back to back boosts. Most of the time you will spin out, and if you do, just rewind. Maybe 10% of the time you will have a clean run, and should be at the ramp with a speed of 170-180mph. This is the minimum speed you will need to reach the red target.

If you got a lucky run and are at the ramp, quickly hold triangle and try to release right at launch.

Again, this will come down to luck and getting the max speed and perfect superjump activation.

The rewind button will be your friend, you have no time limit, and as long as you don't touch down after the jump, you can keep rewinding to your spot on the top of the hill

I have been trying to do every thing you mentioned. I guess it is just going to come down to that one perfect run. I hate how you can have a good run than the next 5 plus attempts the truck wants to spin or flip.

I didn't know about the rewind trick. I'll have to try that.

Thanks for the reply.

I have been trying to do every thing you mentioned. I guess it is just going to come down to that one perfect run. I hate how you can have a good run than the next 5 plus attempts the truck wants to spin or flip.

I didn't know about the rewind trick. I'll have to try that.

Thanks for the reply.

Hope you get it. Probably took me a good hour to do Forest Precision and the Urban Challenge events. They really do seem to come down to luck, cause you can't really control the truck on the side scrolling events.

Hope you get it. Probably took me a good hour to do Forest Precision and the Urban Challenge events. They really do seem to come down to luck, cause you can't really control the truck on the side scrolling events.

Thanks, I'll get it. It is just so frustrating that a game so piss easy can cause this kind of frustration. I'd rather be stuck in a game known for being difficult.

Hi Everyone!

I need alot help on the Frozen Stunt on finding the Red Target...because my car only goes to the Yeallow and the Green Target's dont know where in the Red Target to stamp my car there for the 3 Stars please??? It's not the Final Challenge in Frozen its the Precision Event... :( Any tips for Helping me on this Please....Thank's alot! ;)

Thank's Everyone i find it it's next to the Green Target on i have to do i Big Fu***** Jump.... :D

Thank's alot Everyone for the The Tips for Another Trophies to! ;)

GOT MY NEW PLAT.....Nº 297! :devil:

Edited by Devil_Max

• 2 weeks later...

Is this only on US PSN Store or is it in UK too? I can't seem to find it in UK Store....

HBK_K2.png

This is a digital only title, available on PSN for $14.99. It was release in the North American Region on July 14, 2015. There is no European release date or price yet announced.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...