Trophy Difficulty? Rating scale 1 to 10

Its easier than it looks at first, you dont need to be a GOD on DMC4 to get the platinum, if you play your cards well.

By that I mean: (pls no bully these are just tips that make the plat easier)

1- Use automatic mode for Nero (dem EXceeds)

2- Use Lady and Trish for S ranks (charged handgun for enemies, charged shotgun for bosses as Lady; Round trip+Charged bare fists as Trish)

3- Complete the game on DMD to get Super costumes for Nero, Dante and Vergil for bloody palace (you can just stockpile items and gold orbs and go at it)

4- Use Lady or Super costumes to get SSS ranks on bosses

5- Use super costumes for tough secret missions like royal guard or the one with the lasers

6- When using Vergil, spam DT summoned sword attacks (they are very overpowered)

7- When using Trish, always have sparda on round trip mode and use charged attacks, use DT handgun for de-cloaking, use pandoras revenge against blitz, use pandora cancel to build up DT

8- When using lady, just jump around and spam Lv3 handgun+grapple shot until everything's dead

9- When completing bloody palace, move the camera away from enemies; they wont attack you unless they are visible

10- Use super Vergil on HAH mode (judgment cut end)

11- For the untouchable trophy, use Super Dante's pandora or Super Vergil's JCE

12- Play in turbo mode all the time to save time

• Like 2

• 2 years later...
On 13.7.2016 at 10:25 PM, AlphaLloyd said:

If you go for a legit journey to get the Platinum you have to be very skilled and get deeper into the matter. But if you are interested by just "having the Platinum" then it might be a 7/10 or 8/10. But i won't blame anyone for this anymore, i can understand that all of them are taking the easier way. Let me quickly explain why;

Doing legit Untouchable with default Nero/Dante is something which only has done so far by 3 people (me, LordGamolth & SphinxRun) on site legit and know the struggle behind it. Doing a close 2 hours run and then doing the Final Stage with no DMG makes you pretty nervous if you aren't fam enough with him and most of the time, things are going on your TV much faster then you realize - and then you'll get hitted and have to restart it again. (I'm doing a daily check on the Boards here, if there are still people who get it legit eventually...) Everyone had used Super Dante to get this, without this it would be for sure a 0,10% UR, especially since Dante on the SE has some changes which can cause problems. 

Bloody Palace runs without Super Chars, especially with default Vergil, Nero & Dante. These Chars needs a lot of practice to master, especially Dante and i can leave you my hand into fire, if Trophies couldn't be earned by Super Dante then 99,9% of people would suffer with him. But since you can avoid the real struggle, people won't ever know how hard it would be. This is ok, but pausing on P4A... oh wth. 

SSS Boss Fights, since i saw how people avoided the traditional way to get them and preffered to use Lady or Super Dante again, these aren't earned by a true fight how they should be usually. Even tho i made an excellent SSS Dante Guide, that seems also to be to hard for most people and decided to take Lady.... and then wondering why they have such trouble with Trish BP lol. 

LDK, such an underrated mode, also there people had to use Super Chars get through to it, because people been made like... not to show any kind of weakness. 

Hell and Hell, without Super Char this will be as well quite a journey, be happy that there aren't S Rank Trophies for it. 

DLC's; these kind of "DLCs" gives you a better shot into the game, so you avoid the struggle to get every ability, dont have to collect Blue Fragments etc. 

Heaven or Hell S Rank Trophies would be interesting tho. I could get deeper into it, but hell yeah... you should still play it, because this Game is awesome and really worth to learn ^_^

Also be happy that the Vanilla DMC4 doesnt has Trophies, because vanilla DMC4 is a lot harder.

I got Untouchable with Trish it wasn´t that difficult ... 

• Like 1

On September 7, 2018 at 8:20 AM, Broni1337 said:

I got Untouchable with Trish it wasn´t that difficult ... 

And he said legit with default Nero or Dante...

But yes Trish makes this trophy easy as I also got a no damage on my Trish run ( I cheesed trophy with Dante ) 

7 hours ago, lilpain97 said:

And he said legit with default Nero or Dante...

But yes Trish makes this trophy easy as I also got a no damage on my Trish run ( I cheesed trophy with Dante ) 

True, misread it. But yeah if you handicap yourself, the game gets pretty difficult but not every good strategy vs an enemy is cheese by default. 

• 2 months later...
20 hours ago, andrehunter said:

So getting S ranks with Lady is very easy, but i'm struggling with Trish's gameplay does anyone have a cheese strat for easier style points with Trish?

Just spam Round Trip followed by Collider. I found that to be the quickest and easiest way to get style points. And it’s all you need for S ranks.

Edited by BB-BakkerJ
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 20/11/2018 at 0:54 PM, BB-BakkerJ said:

Just spam Round Trip followed by Collider. I found that to be the quickest and easiest way to get style points. And it’s all you need for S ranks.

Do you happen to have any tips for using Nero in Bloody Palace? Even with Super Nero, i'm getting my ass kicked, i was already able to beat the bloody palace with Trish and Lady and i know i can easily do it with Dante and Vergil, but with Nero i just suck with him ?

11 hours ago, andrehunter said:

Do you happen to have any tips for using Nero in Bloody Palace? Even with Super Nero, i'm getting my ass kicked, i was already able to beat the bloody palace with Trish and Lady and i know i can easily do it with Dante and Vergil, but with Nero i just suck with him 1f625.png

Just run circles with charged guns (basically all you need to do) with the enemies out of view so they won’t attack you and spam ex streak against the easier enemies. I have to say that I failed with Nero my first time too, against Angelo Credo (?) (stage 80). For me the toughest boss in Bloody Palace. But I forgot to put my Super Costume on. Congrats on beating Bloody Palace with Trish. I still need to do it myself (haven’t tried it yet, taken a break from the game) What was your strategy?

Edit: Note to self. Finish this game!

Edited by BB-BakkerJ
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, BB-BakkerJ said:

Just run circles with charged guns (basically all you need to do) with the enemies out of view so they won’t attack you and spam ex streak against the easier enemies. I have to say that I failed with Nero my first time too, against Angelo Credo (?) (stage 80). For me the toughest boss in Bloody Palace. But I forgot to put my Super Costume on. Congrats on beating Bloody Palace with Trish. I still need to do it myself (haven’t tried it yet, taken a break from the game) What was your strategy?

Edit: Note to self. Finish this game!

Thanks a lot. The charged shotgun jumping around tip, definitely helped finally get the trophy, even though i nearly died to Dante i only had a sliver of health. Now just need to complete with Dante and Vergil and wait for DMC V. For Trish i did what pretty much else says, round trip everything and then either a (charged) collider, the rising dragon ( not sure if that's the name :triangle::triangle: wait :triangle::triangle:) or the R1 :up::triangle:. For the blitz and i'd say always know when they are coming, and have a full DT bar, you need to use Pandora's Revenge against them, use the Pandora cancel to easily build DT if needed. When there are flying swords you can use DT pistols since they give DT and you get free heals. Use V-dividers for the fishes and the dogs. FOr the bosses Pandora's Revenge. For Dante get far away from him, use round trip, shoot your pistols or else he will reflect Sparda and Pandora's revenge, repear until he's dead.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, andrehunter said:

Thanks a lot. The charged shotgun jumping around tip, definitely helped finally get the trophy, even though i nearly died to Dante i only had a sliver of health. Now just need to complete with Dante and Vergil and wait for DMC V. For Trish i did what pretty much else says, round trip everything and then either a (charged) collider, the rising dragon ( not sure if that's the name :triangle::triangle: wait :triangle::triangle:) or the R1 :up::triangle:. For the blitz and i'd say always know when they are coming, and have a full DT bar, you need to use Pandora's Revenge against them, use the Pandora cancel to easily build DT if needed. When there are flying swords you can use DT pistols since they give DT and you get free heals. Use V-dividers for the fishes and the dogs. FOr the bosses Pandora's Revenge. For Dante get far away from him, use round trip, shoot your pistols or else he will reflect Sparda and Pandora's revenge, repear until he's dead.

I’ve heard about Pandora cancelling, but I can’t find much info on it. Can you explain how to do it? Congrats on your eventual platinum. Decided to go back to this game tomorrow. I still need to S rank SOS and DMD, but I’m already at mission 16 in both. The repetitiveness after doing the same mission over and over again was too much. I really hope in DMC5 all difficulty and S rank trophies will stack.

9 hours ago, BB-BakkerJ said:

I’ve heard about Pandora cancelling, but I can’t find much info on it. Can you explain how to do it? Congrats on your eventual platinum. Decided to go back to this game tomorrow. I still need to S rank SOS and DMD, but I’m already at mission 16 in both. The repetitiveness after doing the same mission over and over again was too much. I really hope in DMC5 all difficulty and S rank trophies will stack.

I believe a video will show it better than i can

You pretty much jump and use both pandoras attack while in the air in quick succession, it's actually quite easy to do it. so before any blitz floor, just check if you have full DT, if not just use this and you'll quickly get it. I'm not gonna say Trish Bloody Palace is really easy, but i'm in no way a pro in DMC games and was able to beat it first time ( i was probably very lucky on stage 85 and got it without taking damage at all). For stage 85 i would also say to keep 3 DT at all times, in case they do get you when they're in the red stage, you can escape their attack by going to devil form. Good luck it's not easy but it's not very hard either. And yeah s ranking all difficulties wasn't hard just dull, i'm hoping they will make it up in DMC V. But at least you go the hardest stages out of the way, 16,17,19 are really easy and 18 can be a bit troublesome. on 20 if you build a good score you can use items and still get s rank.  

• Like 1

16 hours ago, andrehunter said:

I believe a video will show it better than i can

You pretty much jump and use both pandoras attack while in the air in quick succession, it's actually quite easy to do it. so before any blitz floor, just check if you have full DT, if not just use this and you'll quickly get it. I'm not gonna say Trish Bloody Palace is really easy, but i'm in no way a pro in DMC games and was able to beat it first time ( i was probably very lucky on stage 85 and got it without taking damage at all). For stage 85 i would also say to keep 3 DT at all times, in case they do get you when they're in the red stage, you can escape their attack by going to devil form. Good luck it's not easy but it's not very hard either. And yeah s ranking all difficulties wasn't hard just dull, i'm hoping they will make it up in DMC V. But at least you go the hardest stages out of the way, 16,17,19 are really easy and 18 can be a bit troublesome. on 20 if you build a good score you can use items and still get s rank.  

So just to be sure, I’ve been trying Pandora cancel but just like in the video my DT won’t increase. So there have to be enemies around right? I’ve been trying after a round to see if I could start each round with a full DT. Just played the game for the first time in 2.5 months and on my first try I got to round 67. Even though I still have to get used to the game mechanics again. Doable ?.

Edit: Also, should I put on automatic in the game options? I remember switching to off but I don’t know the benefits anymore.

Edited by BB-BakkerJ

8 hours ago, BB-BakkerJ said:

So just to be sure, I’ve been trying Pandora cancel but just like in the video my DT won’t increase. So there have to be enemies around right? I’ve been trying after a round to see if I could start each round with a full DT. Just played the game for the first time in 2.5 months and on my first try I got to round 67. Even though I still have to get used to the game mechanics again. Doable 1f601.png.

Edit: Also, should I put on automatic in the game options? I remember switching to off but I don’t know the benefits anymore.

Yeah you need to use on enemies, sorry if i wasn't clear before. Well if you've reached round 67 on your first try after so much time, i'm sure you'll get it on no time ;)

I believe automatic does the combos for you, so don't change it.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, andrehunter said:

Yeah you need to use on enemies, sorry if i wasn't clear before. Well if you've reached round 67 on your first try after so much time, i'm sure you'll get it on no time ;)

I believe automatic does the combos for you, so don't change it.

Thanks for the tips! Did it 2nd try. I actually put it on automatic mode last night to see what it was, got to stage 50, put it in rest mode as I was getting too tired and finished it without issues today. Now only those boring S ranks remain.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
On ‎14‎/‎07‎/‎2016 at 10:21 PM, francc23 said:

Its easier than it looks at first, you dont need to be a GOD on DMC4 to get the platinum, if you play your cards well.

By that I mean: (pls no bully these are just tips that make the plat easier)

1- Use automatic mode for Nero (dem EXceeds)

2- Use Lady and Trish for S ranks (charged handgun for enemies, charged shotgun for bosses as Lady; Round trip+Charged bare fists as Trish)

3- Complete the game on DMD to get Super costumes for Nero, Dante and Vergil for bloody palace (you can just stockpile items and gold orbs and go at it)

4- Use Lady or Super costumes to get SSS ranks on bosses

5- Use super costumes for tough secret missions like royal guard or the one with the lasers

6- When using Vergil, spam DT summoned sword attacks (they are very overpowered)

7- When using Trish, always have sparda on round trip mode and use charged attacks, use DT handgun for de-cloaking, use pandoras revenge against blitz, use pandora cancel to build up DT

8- When using lady, just jump around and spam Lv3 handgun+grapple shot until everything's dead

9- When completing bloody palace, move the camera away from enemies; they wont attack you unless they are visible

10- Use super Vergil on HAH mode (judgment cut end)

11- For the untouchable trophy, use Super Dante's pandora or Super Vergil's JCE

12- Play in turbo mode all the time to save time

I'm following these advices but I'm having an extremely hard time scoring an S rank in mission 1. I can manage to score S, with luck, in time and orbs, but I can't get a good score in style with Trish, and Dante dies way too quickly on lower difficulties. This is already putting me off from doing this as my 150th plat, beacuse the tediousness in trying and retrying missions across an absurd amount of playthroughs could kill me.

On 20/4/2019 at 10:00 AM, Brightblade76 said:

I'm following these advices but I'm having an extremely hard time scoring an S rank in mission 1. I can manage to score S, with luck, in time and orbs, but I can't get a good score in style with Trish, and Dante dies way too quickly on lower difficulties. This is already putting me off from doing this as my 150th plat, beacuse the tediousness in trying and retrying missions across an absurd amount of playthroughs could kill me.

>mission 1

I think you mean lady

First off just run around the arena and collect all orbs, then go to fight dante.

IF i remember correctly you can cheese that mission with lady's grappling hook while shes in the air

I dont remember the exact combination of moves, but its extremely easy

They key is jumping and doing the grapple move where she lifts dante up, and then again to smash him into the ground. Maybe you can skeak up a lvl3 handgun shot here and there to make the gauge fill faster.

He might dodge the glappling hook once or twice, just keep spamming.

Also it should go without saying to not use any items and not get hit at all

On 4/21/2019 at 8:50 PM, francc23 said:

>mission 1

I think you mean lady

First off just run around the arena and collect all orbs, then go to fight dante.

IF i remember correctly you can cheese that mission with lady's grappling hook while shes in the air

I dont remember the exact combination of moves, but its extremely easy

They key is jumping and doing the grapple move where she lifts dante up, and then again to smash him into the ground. Maybe you can skeak up a lvl3 handgun shot here and there to make the gauge fill faster.

He might dodge the glappling hook once or twice, just keep spamming.

Also it should go without saying to not use any items and not get hit at all

Yeah sorry, I meant Lady. Thanks for your feedback, I'll try.

I'm having an extremely hard time clearing BP even with Super Nero, already tried countless times and managed to reach floor 62 at best, I can't imagine doing it with normal chars for the S rank, not mentioning defeating Dante without damage after more than one hour of climbing without checkpoints. Unless I'm missing something very obvious, I think I'm gonna give up on a game for the first time, because the frustration that I foresee it's beyond what I'm willing to endure.

18 minutes ago, Brightblade76 said:

I'm having an extremely hard time clearing BP even with Super Nero, already tried countless times and managed to reach floor 62 at best, I can't imagine doing it with normal chars for the S rank, not mentioning defeating Dante without damage after more than one hour of climbing without checkpoints. Unless I'm missing something very obvious, I think I'm gonna give up on a game for the first time, because the frustration that I foresee it's beyond what I'm willing to endure.

To give you some hope, I think Nero is the second hardest character to beat Bloody Palace with. But an easy strategy is just running in circles with charged handguns, with the camera positioned so the enemies are out of view. Spamming ex streak works great against the easier enemies. As for beating Dante without damage, that’s really easy with Super Dante, don’t remember the name of the attack but it’s the Pandora attack where he’s floating in the air. You can beat the entire mode just using this attack without getting hit. I did it with Trish too but that’s a bit harder to pull off. Good luck, you can do it!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, BB-BakkerJ said:

To give you some hope, I think Nero is the second hardest character to beat Bloody Palace with. But an easy strategy is just running in circles with charged handguns, with the camera positioned so the enemies are out of view. Spamming ex streak works great against the easier enemies. As for beating Dante without damage, that’s really easy with Super Dante, don’t remember the name of the attack but it’s the Pandora attack where he’s floating in the air. You can beat the entire mode just using this attack without getting hit. I did it with Trish too but that’s a bit harder to pull off. Good luck, you can do it!

Easier said than done ?

The problem is enduring hours of attempts and manage to reach floor 101 staying cool enough to pull it off, knowing that a single mistake will force you to start this nightmare from scratch. I did very hard plats in the past, but for better or for worse I can no longer go full no-life long enough to master this mode and pull it off. Kudos to you people with the plat, I've considered doing this as my 150th plat, but it's quickly turning into a horrible experience that's putting me off from completionism and possibly hunting altogether. I guess everything meets an end sooner or later.

Edited by Brightblade76

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/30/2019 at 11:57 AM, Brightblade76 said:

Easier said than done ?

The problem is enduring hours of attempts and manage to reach floor 101 staying cool enough to pull it off, knowing that a single mistake will force you to start this nightmare from scratch. I did very hard plats in the past, but for better or for worse I can no longer go full no-life long enough to master this mode and pull it off. Kudos to you people with the plat, I've considered doing this as my 150th plat, but it's quickly turning into a horrible experience that's putting me off from completionism and possibly hunting altogether. I guess everything meets an end sooner or later.

I had some issues with Nero where I failed at Stage 80 once and almost failed at Stage 99 (bloody Bianco Angelo outta nowhere). Camera manipulation alongside with lvl 3 Blue Rose should help. If you use Super Costumes then you should also have unlimited Ex-ceeds. And for defeating Dante without any damage you have two options:

1) Use Vergil, stay away and maintain the distance between you and Dante and spam JCE (Judgement Cut End)

2) Use Dante' s Gunslinger style and you should be able to perform a move when Pandora becomes sort of a flying death machine in air (as I refer lol) and just spam those explosives.

Edited by XxIsa-GxX

12 hours ago, Brightblade76 said:

Yeah, thanks, after a break I've found the inspiration a cleared BP with every char beside Trish, I also got the untouchable trophy. Now I'm slowly working on S ranks, then when I'll feel like going through BP one last time, I'll start practicing with Trish.

You should be ready once you clear Son of Sparda or Dante Must Die with Lady & Trish for attaining S ranks. One tip for her is abuse Pandora Cancel when you need DT and for using Pandora Revenge (that laser beam attack I suppose) on Blitzes. Round Trip and basic combos will do the trick for normal demons and Round Trip and Pandora Cancel + Pandora Revenge will demolish bosses. You can do this :)

Edited by XxIsa-GxX
S ranks
  • Like 1

I've made it to floor 100 with Trish, then died against freakin Agnus, then I usually die on floor 38 most of the times, where a Blitz appears on the loose while fighting Mephistos or the floor with a Blitz and three big fat scissor guys, like around floor 90. Never died on floor 85, but I'm sure I will, sooner or later, some floors are just a matter of luck. This will be hell no matter how I look at it, only some compulsive stubborness will get me through this, without enjoyment, of course.

On 5/19/2019 at 2:51 PM, Brightblade76 said:

I've made it to floor 100 with Trish, then died against freakin Agnus, then I usually die on floor 38 most of the times, where a Blitz appears on the loose while fighting Mephistos or the floor with a Blitz and three big fat scissor guys, like around floor 90. Never died on floor 85, but I'm sure I will, sooner or later, some floors are just a matter of luck. This will be hell no matter how I look at it, only some compulsive stubborness will get me through this, without enjoyment, of course.

Can I ask you something man? Do you actually enjoy being a trophy hunter? Not trying to hate btw, I think judging by your amount of plats(Plus the quality of them)your indeed skilled.

Its just reading some of your posts you seem pretty unhappy...

Edited by Wild-Arms-Rudy
  • Like 1