Trophy Tips

Sly Ripper

I'm not sure how Sly would go about this, but maybe the Trophy Tips should be advertised more around the site? I'm sure there are tons of people that have signed up for the site but spend mere seconds looking over the forum (and that number will only grow as the site gets bigger), so maybe they aren't even aware entirely of the trophy tips, what they do or how to do it.

Something like this maybe?

ideakm.jpg

Maybe a lousy example, but something unobtrusive that pops up (whenever Sly tells it to) just to inform site users of new features/important news. It would be especially useful for very community-oriented features like Trophy Tips.

• Like 1

It is a "unique" selling point of the site that helps it stand out from sites that have bloated self ego masturbating guides that can often ruin what is coming up for someone playing the game.

I think that is one of the best lines I have read in a long time.....and how true it is!

• Like 1

Something I did the other day, I looked at my Trophy Log (recently added by Sly) and found all my least rare/most common trophies and started writing up tips for them.

Yeah, they're ridiculously easy, but they help fill out the Tip Guides and it's a good place to start if you aren't big into tip posting but still want to contribute. :P

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Awww man I just posted a tip that was long and I had it in sections so it was easy to read (with a small paragraph detailing each boss fight) and when I hit post tip the display box showed it fine but when I hit yes to confirm and saw the tip it is one giant paragrapgh, hard to read. :(

http://psnprofiles.c...volution/Legend

This is how it was supposed to look:

It's not too hard to beat Deus Ex on the hardest setting. Go slowly taking out most guards stealthily trying to stay away from large groups of guards at once. When there are situations where fighting groups of guards is ineveitible be sure to make good use of cover. EMP grenades will kill all turrets/robots easily.

The first boss is the toughest. Use EMP/Gas grenades if you have them. The corner area to the left of where you enter the room has extra ammo and is a good spot to hide as his grenades won't always hit you so you can just take cover, toss an EMP, shoot, and repeat until he's dead.

In the area after you confront Zhao and she retreats into her safe room, try quickly throwing a frag grenade into the group of guards that come while they're still talking (jump over the first wall so your greande travels close enough to them). You should kill about 5 at once. Head to the right of map and there's a vent, go in it and slowly take out the remaining guards.

For the fight with Yelena (after you meet the real Eliza) use typhoon ammo if you have it and circle around the edges of the map shooting her from afar as she charges you. It takes about 3 typhoon ammos to kill her depending on how many regular bullets you're able to put into her in between.

Don't get the LIMB upgrade/fix when you get it as an opptional mission. It will make the fight with Namis 100 times harder as none of your augmentations will work. Put a few bullets into him and save each time you get a few good shots on him if you're having trouble. Utilizing this save mechanic will help you beat him even if you took the LIMB fix.

At the very end with the Hyron project duck behind the computer at the entrance and use the plasma gun to take out the three rotating turrets easily and use typhoon ammo or EMPs to take out the robots that come.

This is how it looks:

It's not too hard to beat Deus Ex on the hardest setting. Go slowly taking out most guards stealthily trying to stay away from large groups of guards at once. When there are situations where fighting groups of guards is ineveitible be sure to make good use of cover. EMP grenades will kill all turrets/robots easily. The first boss is the toughest. Use EMP/Gas grenades if you have them. The corner area to the left of where you enter the room has extra ammo and is a good spot to hide as his grenades won't always hit you so you can just take cover, toss an EMP, shoot, and repeat until he's dead.In the area after you confront Zhao and she retreats into her safe room, try quickly throwing a frag grenade into the group of guards that come while they're still talking (jump over the first wall so your greande travels close enough to them). You should kill about 5 at once. Head to the right of map and there's a vent, go in it and slowly take out the remaining guards.For the fight with Yelena (after you meet the real Eliza) use typhoon ammo if you have it and circle around the edges of the map shooting her from afar as she charges you. It takes about 3 typhoon ammos to kill her depending on how many regular bullets you're able to put into her in between.Don't get the LIMB upgrade/fix when you get it as an opptional mission. It will make the fight with Namis 100 times harder as none of your augmentations will work. Put a few bullets into him and save each time you get a few good shots on him if you're having trouble. Utilizing this save mechanic will help you beat him even if you took the LIMB fix.At the very end with the Hyron project duck behind the computer at the entrance and use the plasma gun to take out the three rotating turrets easily and use typhoon ammo or EMPs to take out the robots that come.

It kind of makes it unreadable, or at least very hard to read in a quick fashion for people wanting a quick run down of the bosses in the game when playing on hard. There's no way I can edit it either and the display showed it as I had typed it (when it tells me to make sure this is how it's supposed to be). Is there any way I can fix it?

• Like 1

For https://psnprofiles.com/trophy/Skyrim/One-with-the-Shadows

Once you sort out the 'bad luck' that the guild has been having you will need to complete various jobs to return the guild to its former glory. There are many different types of job you can do for either Vex or Devlin, but I find that the easiest are "The Numbers Job" from Devlin which simply entails going to a store in a city and forging their accounts book by pressing the action button at the location, and "The Heist Job" from Vex which involves going to store and stealing an object from it's strongbox. You can do both of these jobs at the same time meaning that you complete the minimum amount of jobs twice as fast. Once you complete 5 jobs in one of the main cities - Markarth, Solitude, Whiterun and Windhelm - Devlin will give you a special job to be carried out. If you are trying to complete all the jobs in a specific city quickly then you can cancel your current job and apply for a new one and hope it's in the proper city.

Special Jobs:

Markath - Involves stealing a special mold back from a group of bandits for Endon. The bandit hideout is full of traps so be careful when inside.

Solitude - Help the thane get back at a ship captain who defaulted on an agreement by placing some highly illegal substances on his ship. Do not kill anybody if you can help it, use invisibility potions or spells to get by the crew as you'll be left with a massive bounty otherwise. Once you place the substance simply run away.

Whiterun - Forge a prisoner's identity and steal a letter from the Jarl's quarters for somebody. It helps a lot if you are the Thane of Whiterun as people won't get in your way as much.

Windhelm - Retrieve a Silver Locket from a rival thieves guild who stole it from a dead body by fighting your way through their hideout. Bonus points if you burn their banner in their leader's room.

After you complete these 4 special jobs Brynjolf will appoint you as the new Guildmaster, giving you a new set of armour and access to the the tribute chest.

Posting is fixed, there's an issue with the character counting. Line breaks count as 2 characters everywhere except javascript so just make sure on the tip preview it's not cutting off the end if you're tip is around 1950 characters long.

True. Just tried posting up the tip again and it works 100%...sparkling job Sly. You're the bees' knees. :platinum:

Wow! I just found out about this. (yes I do live under a rock :) ) Maybe I will have to add some myself! I just hope the next major site addition is trophy guides. I would love to exclusively use PSN Profiles for all my trophy needs! B)

But you dont win :huh:

Adding tips isnt about a competition, its about helped other members and gamers to aquire trophies

Having your tip be the highest rated and in the trophy guide is a win in my book, however minor in the grand scheme of things. It's a win for the person who wrote it, and it's a win for the people who use the Trophy Guide feature of the site. It's a win-win. Surely we all know kindness and equality won't encourage members to post the best tips they possibly can, that's why Communism doesn't work. ;)

If someone posts a tip that I consider bad, I'm going to post my own version of it that I consider better. Right?

Having your tip be the highest rated and in the trophy guide is a win in my book, however minor in the grand scheme of things. It's a win for the person who wrote it, and it's a win for the people who use the Trophy Guide feature of the site. It's a win-win. Surely we all know kindness and equality won't encourage members to post the best tips they possibly can, that's why Communism doesn't work. ;)

If someone posts a tip that I consider bad, I'm going to post my own version of it that I consider better. Right?

Thats your opinion but I disagree

Im not going to post a tip just because I think mine will be better, if the tip has everything you need to know in it why post a new one?

The only reasons I will post a 2nd tip is if I have anything that can be added to it per the benefit of gamers which I wont be doing it to get top rated tip, the 2nd is if I have an alternative way of obtaining that trophy.

I think the reason Sly went with tips instead of written guides is to elminate 'teams' and competition over guides, that is one of the many problems with .com, it generally ends up in petty dramas which we dont want to see here.

Thats your opinion but I disagree

Im not going to post a tip just because I think mine will be better, if the tip has everything you need to know in it why post a new one?

The only reasons I will post a 2nd tip is if I have anything that can be added to it per the benefit of gamers which I wont be doing it to get top rated tip, the 2nd is if I have an alternative way of obtaining that trophy.

If you post a second tip on a trophy, and your new tip becomes the top-rated tip... then isn't that in the benefit of the gamers? Your tip was clearly better in some regard... whether it was worded more clearly, went into more detail, corrected the mistakes of other tips or people simply prefer your writing style.

I never said "aim solely to get the top rated trophy tip" (though outside of cheating to do it, I wouldn't consider it a bad mindset), just don't be afraid to post tips where tips already exist... because worst-case scenario, your tip is better than all the rest and gets bumped to the top. If you feel to can write up a better tip, do it. It's a win-win for everyone.

There is no drama in that, everyone here has an equal chance to post tips.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Just realised i can add trophy tips after being a member here for quite some time haha, hope i'm able to help some people :yay:

I love this idea ^-^

Yay!

You get a like. One, for being in the location of Scotland... a place I've visited and my girlfriend loves. And two for discovering the Trophy Tips feature and having an interest in helping people! I hope PSNProfiles finds more people like you. :)