What Do You Think Of Gynophobia? Guys With Gynophobia In General.

Crzy Minus

Gynophobia is a form of social phobia that only occur to the male gender, the definition of Gynophobia is having an extreme or irrational fear of girls or the female gender.

It is a pretty rare condition to some but keep in mind that there are men out there in the world who suffer from this. Guys with this have to remain single and aren't even gay or even yet fully hate girls for this, they can struggle on thinking how could love work for them and etc. Just imagine how could your life be like if you had Gynophobia, instead of something like Arachnophobia (Fear of spiders).

What do you guys and girls think of Gynophobia in general?

• Like 2

Irrational fears can be some of the most debilitating things out there. Agoraphobia is another one. A fear of open or public spaces? How are you supposed to function? 

It majorly sucks that these things can affect people. I can only hope guys with this condition can find a way to find love, if they want to, and can live their lives happily.

Considering the lack of fatherhood these days (That I've experienced and I'm sure some can attest to that, and others, not attest.), I'm not surprised that something like this exists at all.  Maybe something happens with the female gender that traumatizes the Gynophobic person early on, so they never develop the attraction (if not homosexual) and desire for the other gender.  Nor do they develop trust with the whole gender entirely, mating aside.

It could also be a crap shoot and be lack of natural development.  I mean, I wasn't given any good advice on mating or attracting the other sex and eventually got it figured out.

Other thoughts - off-topic a bit

Honestly, nowadays mating is in complete chaos (at least over here in the west).  Sex is being given out without the traditional commitment, and vice versa.  Those in marriages don't know what the hell they're doing and refuse to hear solutions if they're not politically correct.  I have seen society crumble when it comes to both genders.  I wouldn't be surprised if going into the future, we find a large increase in Gynophobics.

I honestly went through a point in life where I swore off gaming the other sex because it's very complicated to do if no one teaches you anything about it.  I couldn't imagine being actually fearful of women though.

Great topic of discussion btw. 

Edited by PlayResponsibly
  • Like 1

Irrational fears can be some of the most debilitating things out there. Agoraphobia is another one. A fear of open or public spaces? How are you supposed to function? 

It majorly sucks that these things can affect people. I can only hope guys with this condition can find a way to find love, if they want to, and can live their lives happily.

I suppose they could always start dating men

To answer your question: I don't think about it. 

Now that I'm made aware of it, I think, just like all forms of mental afflictions, those inflicted need to seek help to cope with it. I think humans in general need to de-stigmatize mental conditions so that it becomes no different than going to a doctor for a physical condition.

I hope (even though I have no expectation of it) that in my lifetime, we can get to the point that mental screenings and treatments are done like physical screenings and treatment. Annually and covered by insurance plans. I hope that one day people can mention about something like they mention someone broke their arm skateboarding, in casual conversation, and it's not a big deal.

• Like 2

I think you can gain these fears but I do not think its irrational to them . I think it's irrational in the scheme of things but not to the individual. like for example a woman say her whole life, fine with men, gets attacked by a man , develops a fear of men .Thats irrational in the grand scheme of things but not to the individual its a form of self preservation, for which we need a healthy dose of fear.

The boys with this might not fear for their safety, but I do believe a lot of young boys over- hype girls in their minds if they are sexually attracted to them, and I did the same vice versa when I was younger, it's common lol. however if they are built up so much, it creates a level of fear and adrenaline. like if for example when you were younger and somebody you fancied were chatting with you , adrenaline kicks in. makes some people thrive makes other people lose their wits momentarily and blubber or complete silence.

a lot have a lot of fear because they see women as something in which a lot can be gain from ( because they have over hyped the sex or just women in general ). therefore the fear in terms of self preservation , is reasonable. because a lot to gain a lot to loose.

reason I took the long way to class for a year in high school, because of a guy I liked B) . not rational but sensible to me.

mix that with a lack of social development though and it makes sense. most people have it as a teenage phase in a mild form. but paired with poor social skills. its plausible. its sad but hopefully just treating them as regular people who can other you nothing special, is the cure. but how people see the world is the cause of a lot of psychological problems and its not as easy as that. of course.

sorry if you have it that sucks. I don't know if this term is a real thing, but I know the symptoms are real.

• Like 1

Not to demotivate anyone, but if I had this and you cannot overcome it, I think I'd suicide... I mean, if you can't love / be loved, there's nothing to live for. (unless you're gay of course, I guess you could learn to live with it then.)

Phobias can be controlled in general, it takes patience and understanding but with time, a phobia can be tamed enough that one can live a normal life with them.

With anything of the mind, it can be overcomed.- I suggest anyone suffering from this could find love, though the woman would have to be truly understanding of his problem and work with him to overcome his phobia.

Time and Patience.- With this anything his possible.

To say things such as Suicide or simply give up- is counter productive- not trying to own, that which owns you is to not have cherished your life at all.

Edited by Zen_Maud_Pie
  • Like 1

I've never met any, so I can't really say, but I'd like to think I'd treat with the same amount of empathy, compassion, and respect that I try to treat most people with. We all have our hindrances. I hope the people saying they should just turn homosexual are joking. I've never gotten the impression that sexuality flips for convenience. Regardless of sexual interest, being irrationally afraid of roughly 50% of the population is going to make having a job a living nightmare. This is, of course, assuming we're talking about a legitimate phobia, and not just a self-diagnosis of feelings of discomfort... There is a difference. And no, for fuck's sake, I wouldn't recommend suicide. I can't promise a miracle that a "cure" or "fix" are on the horizon, but people can learn to cope... I know that's not the most exciting thing to hear, but it is a path to reclaim one's life. This has just been the opinion of some faceless layman on the internet, but the services of a professional would be worth looking into.

Edit: By "professional" I mean a counselor, not a prostitute.

Edited by siuilarun
  • Like 1

I am the only guy in my office, I can't stand the backstabbing and made up rumors, nor the irrational reasons to have "Time off". I'm not scared, just confused, is there an official term for that?

Edit: I had to edit, I am being %100 honest with my work situation but it doesn't answer the question. I just wonder, if you can't be loved or aren't sure on what love is, would you even know? I'm close to all females in my life including my work situation, I'd do anything for them. We need someone with this to answer I think,

Edited by Z1MZUM