Visual Novel / Japanese Games

TigressLion

Unfortunately my first choice was a no-go, so again I must rely on this friendly community! I have 20.00$ to spend at the moment.

I'm hoping to obtain one of the following:

• Visual Novel
  • Japanese Inspired games like Akiba Trip, Persona 4, Danganronpa, or others.
  • Really good JRPG

The conditions:

• has to have plat
  • on NA store

Hope I'm not being too unrealistic, if not, what are your recommendations ? Thanks again greatly.

• Like 1

If you want  a good VN , Virtue's Last Reward is a must-have since you have a Vita

Steins Gate seems to be a excelent option for VN too due to the feedback i receive for many people and it's available for both PS3 and Vita.

About J-Rpgs, i'm not the best person to recommend them since just recently i started to play a few of them but i can reccomend Demon's Souls/Dark Souls if you don't mind a real challenge and have the guts and  patience .

For the Japanese inspired games can't think of one that you don't have already played like Catherine or Deadly Premonition. How about give a chance to Vanquish, maybe?

• Like 1

I Have #2 haven't finished it yet, was thinking about buying #1 when done with #2. Maybe I could buy it now and store it. I'll see what more people have to say too though. Is #1 that much better than #2 though ?

I prefer SDR2 over DR1, but that's just me. I found everything in 2 to be better than 1. It kinda sucks that you've been playing 2 before 1, though.

Edited by TheFinalEmblem

I Have #2 haven't finished it yet, was thinking about buying #1 when done with #2. Maybe I could buy it now and store it. I'll see what more people have to say too though. Is #1 that much better than #2 though ?

Are you familiar with the twists of the first Danganronpa through other media? If not, you should definitely be playing the first game before the second one as the second one contains important spoilers for the first game.

Are you familiar with the twists of the first Danganronpa through other media? If not, you should definitely be playing the first game before the second one as the second one contains important spoilers for the first game.

I've seen the Anime, and read what I should've before attempting #2; though it was long ago and I forgot  :facepalm:

Do yourself a favor and get virtue's last reward. The best vn i have played aside from 999 but that isnt available on the vita :(

As for jrpgs... A lot of people on psnp enjoy hyperdimension neptunia, inckuding me. So thats worth mentioning. Im sure that re;birth 1 isnt that expensive anymore. HDN also has a lot of vn gameplay elements. The story is being told like a visual novel.

Edited by xZoneHunter
  • Like 1

Do yourself a favor and get virtue's last reward. The best vn i have played aside from 999 but that isnt available on the vita :(

As for jrpgs... A lot of people on psnp enjoy hyperdimension neptunia, inckuding me. So thats worth mentioning. Im sure that re;birth 1 isnt that expensive anymore. HDN also has a lot of vn gameplay elements. The story is being told like a visual novel.

Ever since I had a Gamebreaking glitch with Neptunia Mk2 that prevented my plat I'm kind of upset with Compile Hearts. So I'm liking the sounds of DR1 and Virtues Last Reward but I'm sad we don't got the selection Japan has haha. I was tempted on Freedom Wars for a bit but I'm so up in the air about which game to purchase, that's why I ended up here. haha.

I had created a topic about it, but people left me either on the fence or told me to pass. They all generally said it was liked a dumbed down repetitious Hyperdimensia Neptune

hmm, FFF was way more serious  (dark and romantic) than Neps ever was and has a really nice story imo. But yeah, i know, im sick... playing games for the plot and stuff xD

Both, Neps and FFF, are from Compa/Iffy, why they shouldnt be designed similar?

Dont get the problem here. You should try things for yourself instead of throwing away tbe idea just because some people didnt like something. :)

Edited by Neputyunu

yay... you can also check this VLR OVA, hopefully it will convince you more to play VLR:

That English dub is horrible, you're only turning him off to play it :P

I'd suggest VLR or Steins;Gate too though, they're not that much more pricey and they're AMAZING. Can't give input an Danganronpa as I'm waiting for that game myself.

Wow, actually proper thread in Vita section about J-games wait... actually about VNs o.O
I'm utterly shocked.

You shouldn't skip #1 just because you've seen the anime. Anime obviously omitted many things so you should play the game before going for #2.

Unfortunately VLR is out of price range, but I'm torn between Dangan and FFF and the others mentioned here ahaha

You really can't spend the additional 5 bucks? VLR is worth MUCH more than what you would pay for.

• Like 1

Wow, actually proper thread in Vita section about J-games wait... actually about VNs o.O

I'm utterly shocked.

You shouldn't skip #1 just because you've seen the anime. Anime obviously omitted many things so you should play the game before going for #2.

You really can't spend the additional 5 bucks? VLR is worth MUCH more than what you would pay for.

He said in the other topic that he normally only has 5-10$ per month to spend on games. The 20$ is in fact extra amount of cash he usually doesn't have.

Well, im love visual novel, have fun with Phoenix series. But I still wonder about buying Dan 1&2 because of the "short" & replay values. Should I buy those, plantinum in 4~5 days and...end (nothing left). Maybe Im waiting for Stein;Gate or bought Grisaia on steam lol).

(I wana good invest in games. I had paid 15$ for P4G, spent 2 months to plantinum it. 20$ for FFX-X2 & 3 months to complete).

Edited by anhalvis