Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain - First reviews out

It's not much, but here's a very brief summary/translation (reviewers being french/spanish) of the first two reviews which went online yesterday:

https://www.reddit.com/r/metalgearsolid/comments/3htnfa/spanish_magazine_rates_mgsv_97100/

https://www.reddit.com/r/metalgearsolid/comments/3hpgt5/mgs_v_the_phantom_pain_review_by_jeux_vid%C3%A9o/

yes! yes! KOJIMA DESTROYED YOUR EXPECTATIONS!

I SHALL FILL MY CUP WITH YOUR FANBOY/GIRL TEARS HAHAHAHAHA

by the way 97/100 isn't bad, still gonna drink your tears with mountain dew though

These are pretty good scores.

Also the game is not out yet so i'll take everything i hear about MGS5 with a grain of salt and actually play the game before i judge it.

Edited by hpknight

yes! yes! KOJIMA DESTROYED YOUR EXPECTATIONS!

I SHALL FILL MY CUP WITH YOUR FANBOY/GIRL TEARS HAHAHAHAHA

by the way 97/100 isn't bad, still gonna drink your tears with mountain dew though

Yes stay hopeful, like fine wine, maybe I'll drink it in day 2 after the games release hehe or when online becomes operational. Hmm by the way, I'll be getting the game too, just so you know.

Wow oh a nice thought came to me, it would be better if it was the tears of Half Life fans when the Half Life 3 destroys their expectations since there's more of them than you guys.

Anyways, I'm excited for Monday, so that more reviews keep popping up.

What the hell are you talking about? I don't see anyone crying, just someone being a drama queen. 

Parker

• Like 1

Another one! Im on a roll! don't ya worry I'm gonna stop now, since i might be flagged as a troll. But do know this. I usually read multiple reviews, forum discussions and watch videos before doin this, i got it right in last year's ground zeroes and this year's the order 1886. I'm not saying the game is bad, i'm just saying don't expect too much. Anyways i'll say "told ya so" after the first week of release, unless Kojima will pull a dlc like that Mass Effect ending.

Please leave. Like..now.

Are reviews even useful for MGS games?

The people who love them will claim they are great regardless of any flaws, and are never going to let any bad reviews stop them from evangelising it.

The people who don't like he series have made their minds up anout Kojimas particular brand of game and won't buy it regardless of high scores.

• Like 1

Are reviews even useful for MGS games?

The people who love them will claim they are great regardless of any flaws, and are never going to let any bad reviews stop them from evangelising it.

The people who don't like he series have made their minds up anout Kojimas particular brand of game and won't buy it regardless of high scores.

Couldn't be more true

Even after the middling reviews Ground Zeros received I was still 100% going to buy it, I bought it and loved it, so I guess Metal Gear fandom is on my side

I enjoy seeing what other people think of games and reading reviews (I still subscribe to Play magazine UK, the actual print version that gets delivered to my door! no digital magazine for me :D) I read reviews for general information and entertainment and am eager to read up on the new Metal Gear - this is a promising start

I do think everyone is overhyping the game, no this probably won't be the best game ever made, or the best stealth game made, or whatever stupid buzzword people like to use. Those kinds of expectations are what lead to disappointment.

To be honest I caught one spoiler in the wilds and it crushed all my excitement. If its true, Kojima fucked up, but i'm still hoping for a great game.

I do think everyone is overhyping the game, no this probably won't be the best game ever made, or the best stealth game made, or whatever stupid buzzword people like to use. Those kinds of expectations are what lead to disappointment.

To be honest I caught one spoiler in the wilds and it crushed all my excitement. If its true, Kojima fucked up, but i'm still hoping for a great game.

Perhaps the best MGS game?

You can literaly see whose hype for the game here. You do realize that for gamers reviews might mean nothing, but to publishers and devs it is the opposite.

Also You didn't read those two reviews didn't ya? Well good, don't spoil yourself bits of info.

Also in regarding the best MGS game, at the moment, IMO, its Peace Walker, since it has high replay value and multi-player, the only down side is it didn't have that much 3D cutscenes, since its originally PSP game.

Found this and others in youtube

No new footage gameplay footage before game launches.

Wow i'm right, not much to do in mother base, tapes contain stories, open world gets stale after some time and plot twist in the end.

But hey many said its the best MGS ever so yeah, i'll see it to believe it, after around 60+ hours of gameplay.