Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain General Discussion

Anyone have any ideas what the 2 nuclear weapon trophies (Deterrence and Disarmament) are all about? I've finished the main story missions and done a lot of the side-ops and still have no idea.

Nevermind, figured it out, I am an idiot.  :lol:

Edited by BOT-Brad

I'm really liking this game. It looks great, feels great and i got Hideo Kojima to join my goons. Though i'm kinda wondering if Snake is just tripping balls throughout the entire thing.

At this point I'm going to incredibly disappointed if there isn't some crazy plot twist by the end. Also, how did you get Kojima in your staff? Was it your GZ import?

Only issue I'm having is the servers being crap and preventing me from collecting my login bonuses. Hopefully they sort it out soon or things might not bode well for MGO.

Yeah I only managed to connect earlier today but got DC'ed about 5 minutes later and haven't been able to connect since.

At this point I'm going to incredibly disappointed if there isn't some crazy plot twist by the end. Also, how did you get Kojima in your staff? Was it your GZ import?

GZ import, yes. He just joined randomly, didn't have to do any missions for it.

*Rescues Kaz

*Cutscene ensues with the Skulls

"Hey it's those funny walking guys from the trailers!"

*Ocelot tells me to run away

"Hurr durr, I try to sneak by them!"

*One of the Skulls sees me. Cutscene ensues

*I dash away with my horsie

"Aha! 2 eZ B) "

*Then I see these motherfuckers scurrying ahead me one by one

:blink:

I imported my GZ save and after i beat a mission i got a call from Kaz saying some staff members from 9 years ago heard about DD and wanted to join. I got Hideo, who is an S rank in intel i think. I got Eye and Finger, the two targets you had to kill in GZ but i extracted them so i got them in the game. And all POW i saved in all the missions, most of them have A, B ranks.

I also got the GZ sneaking suit, Solid Snake sneaking suit, and i think a gold bionic arm. I'm not sure if i got the gold arm because of the GZ save or not.

• Like 1

So I just developed 2 new items while on a mission. Then I died. Lost the items I had developed, didn't get my money back and have to manufacture them all over again. Is this a bug, or is it suppose to be like that? lost 250K, which is a lot for me in the beginning of the game :(

I think this game is a 10/10, a serious GOTY contender against the Witcher 3 and Fallout 4, but I am pretty disappointed with how the story is handled. Most of the main missions don't really further the story, and even though the scenes that are there are great, they're really spread out. Maybe I would've preferred a story heavier 20 main missions, with 30 side ops (while the current mini-objective side ops being changed to extra ops), but now reports claiming the ending area, boss and story arc has been cut from the game really rustles my jimmies. Releasing it as a DLC or a 'Subsistence' edition would make me feel a tad bit better, but cutting the bloody ending from Kojima's last Canon Metal Gear Solid astounds me.

• Like 2

I think this game is a 10/10, a serious GOTY contender against the Witcher 3 and Fallout 4, but I am pretty disappointed with how the story is handled. Most of the main missions don't really further the story, and even though the scenes that are there are great, they're really spread out. Maybe I would've preferred a story heavier 20 main missions, with 30 side ops (while the current mini-objective side ops being changed to extra ops), but now reports claiming the ending area, boss and story arc has been cut from the game really rustles my jimmies. Releasing it as a DLC or a 'Subsistence' edition would make me feel a tad bit better, but cutting the bloody ending from Kojima's last Canon Metal Gear Solid astounds me.

I agree 100%. Not only is it my game of the year (so far, but I can't imagine even Fallout 4 besting TPP) it is my favorite game this entire generation. I haven't progresses too terribly far in the campaign (damn those side ops!) but the only issue I have so far is the occasional awkward silence from Snake not talking when another character is speaking to him. I don't know if that is because Kojima was trying to cut down on cutscenes or if Kiefer Sutherland has way more expensive rates than David Hayter.  :lol:

Parker

I guess I wound up not getting any Mother Base coins since I'm not able to log in to the servers. I'm also not able to import my Ground Zeroes save for some reason. Is this because I don't have PS+ or is it because of something else? Also what do Mother Base coins do in single-player exactly? Do they just make it so you can build other areas of Mother Base without using GMP or what?

Also not really looking forward to doing Where Do the Bees Sleep mission from the things I've heard about it. Any tips that aren't spoilers?

Edited by Tony Redgrave

Still loving the game, but man they really need to cap the framerate when you're selecting missions in the chopper. It's the only time the PS4's fans get hairdryer loud until it switches to equipment check. So right now I sit at Mother Base and browse through missions and then quickly select the mission once I'm in the chopper lol

Edited by Death_Ninja

I guess I wound up not getting any Mother Base coins since I'm not able to log in to the servers. I'm also not able to import my Ground Zeroes save for some reason. Is this because I don't have PS+ or is it because of something else? Also what do Mother Base coins do in single-player exactly? Do they just make it so you can build other areas of Mother Base without using GMP or what?

Also not really looking forward to doing Where Do the Bees Sleep mission from the things I've heard about it. Any tips that aren't spoilers?

I actually didn't really have much of an issue with the mission. You really want to stay stealthy so it would be a good idea to try the mission at night instead of the middle of the day (like my dumb ass did) and like always it is extremely helpful to use your binoculars to tag enemies. Just take your time and make sure you're not discovered.

On another note, D-Dog is fucking amazing. He has regularly tagged enemies for me that I didn't even see and I love the fact that he runs right beside you when you sprint. Quiet is back at Mother Base now too, hopefully I'll be able to take her in the field with me fairly soon. 

Parker

• Like 1