Nintendo wants the WiiU to be "console of choice" for hardcore gamers.

Lady Lilith

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/117991-Nintendo-Wants-Wii-U-The-Preferred-Console-for-Hardcore-Gamers

...This is absolutely hilarious that they think this is even POSSIBLE. How would it be possible if Nintendo keeps insisting on making all these lame games for the WiiU? Sure, I know this is what they said in the first place, but they've since strayed far from that path, and the thought of real gamers choosing the WiiU over the PS3/4 is downright laughable.

Lol yeah... I think they're just trying to hang on to their die hard fans that are still sticking around (I'm sure there's still some). And probably trying to get some gamers back or others interested. Probably hoping that by saying that some people might believe it. Can you really blame them for trying to market the system to CoD players? I'm sure they'd like to have a piece of that market, I don't think it will happen though.

HA! Yeah right. The games coming out for their system are at least 8 months old at launch, the graphics compatibilities they will have is just catching up to the current gen and god knows how you're supposed to concentrate on the game when you have to keep looking up and down to the game pad and the TV.

Wii U = big flop.

I think they meant to say that it's the console of choice for hardcore Mario and Zelda fans...

EDIT: Just read this part: "In Call of Duty, for example, the Wii U would declutter the TV monitor by dragging useful-but-annoying items like maps down off the main viewer."

I'm sorry, but that has to be the worst idea ever, and just proves that they have no earthly idea what hardcore gamers want. It's called a "heads up display" for a reason....

Edited by onuosfan

Hmm... let's see here. $300 one time to cover your gaming for 5-7 years, or $1000-$2000 every other year.

I had gaming PC for 9 years it could run most games what fucked me over was the Dual Core processor it was the only thing that rendered me obsolete.

So get your facts right,and you use a PC for everyday stuff,I don't see the problem in investing some parts for it.

Go suck it Nintendo, I mean REALLY!!! It is so laughable that they even put "WiiU" and "Hardcore gamers" in the same sentence. As Parker said, it is nothing but a gimmick. What gets me the most is that the experts call this the first console of the next-gen. Plain and simply sad, so sad. :yay:

Edited by DanielVT

I had gaming PC for 9 years it could run most games what fucked me over was the Dual Core processor it was the only thing that rendered me obsolete.

So get your facts right,and you use a PC for everyday stuff,I don't see the problem in investing some parts for it.

And you could have run Battlefield 3 on that 9 year old PC, could you? At full specs?

And you could have run Battlefield 3 on that 9 year old PC, could you? At full specs?

keywords : Had,9 years,obsolete because of Dual Core Processor.

Also that's like asking if you can run Uncharted 3 on a super nintendo.

Also my latest $500 laptop can run crysis and Battlefield 3 and still looks better than a 360 or the shitty scaling the PS3 has

Edited by Ramonalicious

keywords : Had,9 years,obsolete because of Dual Core Processor.

Also that's like asking if you can run Uncharted 3 on a super nintendo.

Also my latest $500 laptop can run crysis and Battlefield 3 and still looks better than a 360 or the shitty scaling the PS3 has

bought a new pc 2 years ago and it can't even Diablo 3 o_O (Not that i would have bought the game with how it turned out but still ...)

And honestly i don't use my PC much except for warcraft 3 lol

Edited by Maitre
  • Like 2

Companies chase what they don't already have. The problem is there is usually a reason why they don't have it in the first place. Guess that casual gamer market isn't as lucrative as the media professed. The best thing that Sony and MS can do is simply keep on keeping on. That "casual" market is being consumed by the cell phone industry.

• Like 1

I didn't really mean to start a fight and we're way off topic... All I'm saying is that it's fine if you want to say PC gaming is the way to go, but trying to argue that it's cost-comparable with console gaming doesn't really fly. Generally speaking, if you want to get the benefit of PC gaming (performance that blows the consoles out of the water), you have to drop serious cash for a good rig, and then continue to drop more cash to keep it updated or replaced with a new one.

Not to mention loads of games that can't be played on PC (although I realize there are some that are PC-exclusive as well - just not any I care about).

Edited by onuosfan
  • Like 2

I didn't really mean to start a fight and we're way off topic... All I'm saying is that it's fine if you want to say PC gaming is the way to go, but trying to argue that it's cost-comparable with console gaming doesn't really fly. Generally speaking, if you want to get the benefit of PC gaming (performance that blows the consoles out of the water), you have to drop serious cash for a good rig, and then continue to drop more cash to keep it updated or replaced with a new one.

Not to mention loads of games that can't be played on PC (although I realize there are some that are PC-exclusive as well - just not any I care about).

+1 on that

Companies chase what they don't already have. The problem is there is usually a reason why they don't have it in the first place. Guess that casual gamer market isn't as lucrative as the media professed. The best thing that Sony and MS can do is simply keep on keeping on. That "casual" market is being consumed by the cell phone industry.

Exactly. Sony was off to a really rough start with the PlayStation 3 and for them to almost be surpassing the 360 in sales now is amazing. Sony took a chance with Blu-Ray and a super high priced console but personally I believe it has really paid off for them, because people know they'll take chances with hardware and software (LBP, Flower, Journey) instead of just producing cheap hardware and popular software. I love my 360 but it just feels so basic and old compared to the PS3, but I can;t wait to see what the real console makers have in store for the next gen, because they sure as hell don't need to play catch up. Nintendo really had the opportunity to take us into the next generation, all they did was produce a current gen console with a tablet controller. If Sony can use the Vita in the same way Nintendo can use that tablet, wee there goes that gimmick, and then what else do they have? Old ports of PS3/360 games (Batman Arkham City, Mass Effect 3) and their rehashed titles, Mario, Zelda, and casual dance games.

It seems I'm ranting a bit and getting off topic, but I'm really disappointed with the WiiU so far.

Parker

Edited by Parker

• 1 month later...