Nintendo wants the WiiU to be "console of choice" for hardcore gamers.

Lady Lilith

It is wonderful, imo, to be able to play a game without having to worry about system specs and upgrades and whatnot. Thats why i made the switch from PCs to Consoles.

Imo, PC fanboys are in a bit of denial. I know, i used to be one. PC gaming is dying a slow death. Its only true saving grace right now is the MMORPG genre. MMOs are holding all of PC gaming on its back, but it is only a matter of time before MMOs really catch on with console gamers, at which point the PC gaming industry will collapse, outside of a few superloyal PC gamers who refuse to play anything else.

• Like 1

so the WIIU wants hardcore gamers? i doubt it, there a generation too late. The graphics arent great at all. alot a people would actually prefer to use normal controllers such as myself. so as a hardcore gaymer talking here. i wont be getting this. UNLESS there is a drastic improvement and some sorta trophy/achievement system.

• 1 month later...

Whooooa whoa whoa, wait a damn minute. Didn't someone else make a thread how they were gonna fuck the "hardcore" gamers by making them pay for online and letting the "casual" gamers play for free? And then they say that they are the right choice? I'd rather have a controller over a damn tablet any day. It's just a Dreamcast VMU on steroids if you think about it.

It's going to be a lot of time before wiiu becomes the "console of choice" for hardcore gamers.

They are trying getting A+ titles like Mass effect 3, batman AC etc but all these games have already been released on other cosoles. Who would buy a wiiu just to play them again? They do have bayonetta 2 though but I don't believe someone would buy a console just for 1 game.

I dont believe they will be able to do what what they want.The name Wii and hardcore couldn;t be more far apart.

THEY created this gap and I believe it is very difficult (if not impossible) to bridge it....

Edited by Enstikto

Who would buy a wiiu just to play them again? They do have bayonetta 2 though but I don't believe someone would buy a console just for 1 game.

I got my first PS3 back in '07 because I heard Metal Gear Solid 4 was coming out in '08 back when it was still around $500. Then again it's Metal Gear! :awesome:

Apples & Oranges my friend

I got my first PS3 back in '07 because I heard Metal Gear Solid 4 was coming out in '08 back when it was still around $500. Then again it's Metal Gear! :awesome:

Apples & Oranges my friend.

As you also sai it's metal gear (not just one game ;))

PS3 > Wii/WiiU

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Im not gonna lie... the Wii U has been some really nice eye candy for me lately... Graphically they are starting to catch up (even though PS3 and Xbroke are going to be raising the bar again soon)...

It might be slow but i am starting to think Nintendo will start to bring back the roots of what made it so great in the first few generations... family friendly but start to have games that us adult gamers can get on board with...

Im still mad (and forever will be) that Nintendo got the rights to the Dragon Quest games... Dragon Quest X became an MMORPG (Nintendo only) but in my opinion the recent best Dragon Quest games have been on the PS1 and PS2... thats right... Dragon Quest Swords was a big huge flop in my opinion and the DS Dragon Quest games weren't all that great... bring back Dragon Quest 8 style on the Playstation 4 and you will see a happy man... END OF RANT

with all that said... im actually thinking of checking out the Wii U but it will be the family console and i will probably get it once the price drops because its always outrageous when it first comes out and im saving my money for the PS4, lol