Methods for Obtaining Online Trophies Efficiently

KillerUni12

PLEASE do NOT use this to set up boosting sessions as it will clutter the thread. Refer to the gaming sessions part of the site for that. 

A title like that is going to attract people who want to boost and most don't bother to read the first post, especially once a thread has more than 1 page. I'd change the thread title if I were you. For example, something like: Obtaining Online Trophies Efficiently.

Edited by Dragon-Archon
  • Like 1

I was ready to copy and paste the same post as always (or like the post of someone who did it first), but I'm glad to see I'm wrong. Might I only suggest you to change the title in some way to avoid the confusion though? Add 'methods' or something to it and it should be good.

EDIT: The new title looks sexy.

Edited by TheYuriG
  • Like 2

The PS3 clock can be changed to get the trophy :bronze:All sales are final but you have to make sure, using this method, that you don't skip a day. Also, because this question has been asked before, you can't change the clock backwards to get a day you missed.

I am currently playing this game so I'll be contributing tips here. :)

Edited by TheLastSurvivorD

I've heard that you can change the ps3 clock to get :bronze: All sales are final in a single day. I heard it from Yuri, but I don't remember where he heard it from originally.

My friend XenoRojas-N7 did it on his previous account and told me. I searched around and the info is here as well: http://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/twisted-metal/154422-all-sales-final-unless-you-cheat.html only thing I was mistaken about it getting missed days, it's impossible.

Edited by TheYuriG

I was now wondering if you could use Official Boosting Threads or not since I've seen some like (LBP, Minecraft, this one; etc...)

Those ones are fine to use as they've been there for a while now.

So wait, official boosting threads aren't allowed anymore? A game with this many online trophies is bound to have a lot of individual boosting threads. Parker once said those are the requirements for an official boosting thread.

We're not allowing any new boosting threads, official or otherwise. Gaming sessions are to be used in all cases now. Any new ones will be locked and/or deleted.

We're not allowing any new boosting threads, official or otherwise. Gaming sessions are to be used in all cases now. Any new ones will be locked and/or deleted.

Ah ok, thanks for clearing that up. It would be best to add that to the Forum Rules too.

• Like 2

I saw a thread, i believe on pst.org that stated the only way to avoid having any online trophies glitch is to have the trophy earner host all consecutive wins. That means, one person at a time, from start to finish, must host until they get the trophy.

I only looked it up because somebody was hitting me up for it. I had dismissed the game ages ago since i wasn't interested. I felt compelled to tell my buddy what he's getting into with this glitchy mess.

Is this a recent addition? It wasn't too long ago that I heard it was one per game D: noted though

Awesome thanks! One question, how many people does it take to start a ranked match? I figured the biggest issue will be getting enough people together

It takes 6 people to start a ranked match. I'm currently in a room waiting for a sixth person to join, so I can confirm it. :P

Just a heads up to those planning on boosting this game!

• Make sure everyone is within 6 hours of eachother in time zones.
  • Do not have a session with more than four people as it becomes hard to keep everyone together.
  • You must always have two controllers available and people with two PS3s are very helpful.
  • Use Skype or any type of easy messaging rather than laggy PS chat.
  • Create a room and if randoms join leave someone there until your party sets up and is counting down a lobby.
  • Do not message hardcore TM players and use 'boost' in any shape or form in lobby titles.
  • I HEAVILY recommend one person collects ALL trophies before moving on to the next person.
  • Complete offline and save your WARTHOG on a usb, only use it when it is your turn to host.
  • You MUST keep manual note of wins/stages/kills/modes and rotate them affectively.
  • The minigun pick up (Bread and butter side guns) and power missile is fantastic at killing quickly regardless of vehicle.
  • Never quit out without exiting to the main menu.
  • Be prepared to put in 50 hours MINIMUM per person.
  • DO NOT boost with none teaming players, if you host and somebody bails then you get full force criticism regardless if its your fault or not.
  • Do not play this for the trophies, you have to like the game to go through with this so use an alt if you need to.

@james520, you dont have to back up for keep warthog. Twisted Metal online just unlock this caractere when you get all gold medail in twisted difficulty, and once he is unlock i ll be allways unlock.

50 hours is may be too much. It depend how you boost. You can save a lot of minutes in team mode with win by forfeit (make 1 point and the other team leave the game) But where did you take your 50h per players?(did you include solo history in this?)

Most of the game are 10 minutes except last man standing single and team for less time, and you have nuke for 10-20 minutes depending. there have 8 maps and 7 modes so you keep 1 mode for 1 map for 10 win. That make 80 wins, So 80X10 minutes 800 minutes( arround 13.33 playing hours ). The 30 days dont need to be host so the 3 players win 1 game each and they switch the date at same time. I think with all the time (playing, count of 20 secondes for start game, start twisted metal and testing the connection (lol)) you can make all online for maximum between 20-25 hours for 1 player in boost.

But for the rest that good, boost max with 2 or 3 other friends, use skype for avoid freez with sending message :)