Platinum Rain Day - Ended

You get paid for house-sitting your parents' house? I'd only get a pat on the shoulder before being thrown out :|.

Did you already get that nano upgrade that requires that glider gadget?

Your parents probably don't have any pets - my folks have two dogs who have to be watched lest they end up turning feral with neglect, and Mom and Dad are actually saving money; the other option is putting them in a pet hotel which would put them back a lot each day. Even so, I would have gladly accepted $40 for that recent dog-sitting job, my dad is just pretty generous, even though he's retired now and thus won't get a nice big paycheck anymore. (He used to be a college professor.) Of course, dad told me that he had saved up for retirement longer than I think so he might have a million dollars in his bank account. Also, the 'rents don't go on vacay often enough to drain their coffers dry with a generous tipping. (Once I got $120 for a week's time and my sister gave me an extra $30 to watch her two dogs and her boyfriend's incontinent dachshund, and those dogs are much more 'energetic'.)

But enough of that, all in all I won't refuse good money now and then if it means my aging folks can get as much time alone as possible. Mom's reaching that point in time when she could pass away at any moment and I should be thanking my lucky stars that mom and dad aren't going to be shipped to a nursing home, so I want them to be happy in the nadir of their life. (Dad's still pretty active, though - he helps out a small Byzantine church and we even talked about setting up a peanut-selling business. He's got a lot of dreams. ^_^)

Wow, can't believe I put up a wall of text defending my parent's reasons for tipping me so generously. xD

I didn't make any progress on the games I already had in my list. I decided I wanted to play Dragon Quest Heroes again since it's been almost a year since I last played it. I ended up getting 4 trophies in it so I decided to add it to my list lol

Nice to see another person playing DQH. (Does anyone know about the DS game about a slime piloting a tank which had the same name, subtitled Rocket Slime? Link goes to a speedrun of that game. Great fun adventure game with great tank battle mechanics.) Let's wish each other luck on getting the rest of the trophies. ;)

Edited by DetectiveCJ

What time is it? IT'S UPDATE TIME!

Participant #17 - JeieeM

1. Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault - 21/23 (98%) - ready to pop?
  2. Severed - 23/25 (90%) - ready to pop!
  3. MIND≒0 - 34/36 (98%) -  ready to pop!
  4. Hyperdimension Neptunia - 44/46 (98%) - ready to pop!
  5. Hyperdimension Neptune mk2 - 45/47 (97%) - ready to pop!
  6. Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - 40/42 (97%) - ready to pop!
  7. Adventure Time: the Secret of the Nameless Kingdom - 34/36 (96%)
  8. Adventure Time: Finn and Jake Investigations - 0/25 (0%)
  9. Game of Thrones - 0/49 (0%)
  10. Amnesia: Memories - 22/26 (84%)- ready to pop!

Really enjoyed playing AT: the Secret of the Nameless Kingdom (well, except for the third dungeon in No Upgrade Run). Somehow motivated me to try Explore the Dungeon again for a moment... and then I remembered those unfair days in late dungeons + the game freezing <_< maybe one day... but not now...

will take a short break in PRD for now... started Grim Fandango for the Candy Rain... ^_^

Nice to see another person playing DQH. (Does anyone know about the DS game about a slime piloting a tank which had the same name, subtitled Rocket Slime? Link goes to a speedrun of that game. Great fun adventure game with great tank battle mechanics.) Let's wish each other luck on getting the rest of the trophies. ;)

Yeah I've put it off for far too long lol. Going to get this over with and then start hoping the second one gets released over here. I've seen it before but I've never played it. Will probably pick it up one day because it does look fun. Yeah good luck  :P Going to be a grind for some of these

Well, as much as I hate to admit it, I really am planning on removing OKAGE: Shadow King from my list. This is because the only two trophies I have to get in that involving (1) farming until an ultra-rare weapon drops from an ultra-rare enemy and (2) beating the final boss, and the last trophy I'll get is (2) and even though I will have 24 hours to get all platinums on the deadline event, I would prefer to pop easy trophies for the platinums and the final boss of OKAGE is rather long and tedious especially since I can't get a cheap item that cuts his health by 10% every time I use it. Therefore I plan on just getting the platinum for OKAGE right away instead of holding on a battle which is long and boring for four months. (This game hasn't aged well, sadly.)

Luckily I won a code for $20 on the PSN Store so I might look into buying a game there and replacing OKAGE with it. Maybe Everybody's Gone to the Rapture. I know that's a low-key exploration game but I shouldn't have trouble getting to the final trophy on it in 24 hours or less with a guide. Any other suggestions are appreciated. (I also bought Final Fantasy XIII-2 but I don't know if I should add that to my list as I heard that it's a terrible game for trophy hunters. But hey, it only set me back $9!)

Will work on an update later today with one of these possibilities:

1. Grinding grottos and Puff-Puffs in DQH (I have already put up a Let's Finish thread with Soultaker's blessing for that game)
  2. Grinding weapon levels in R&C2(I just bought the last affordable weapon until Challenge Mode) on the Protopets
  3. Advancing the story in Crack in Time a bit to get to the next sector
  4. FINALLY getting some work done on Rogue Galaxy

Another possibility for the list: Dragon Quest Builders for Vita. Sadly, I couldn't pre-order it, it's a digital download only. EDIT: Found out that the PS4 version costs a whopping $60 and the Vita version might be the same price so I'd have to spend all of my money on it. Not worth it if it's just a Minecraft clone. :(

EDIT: I got a charger for my Vita so now I can use it again, yayso! Should I spend my free $20 in PSN money on The Binding of Issac: Rebirth? While it's a creepy game and some of the playable characters are insanely hard to use, it might be fun. I enjoyed watching people struggle with The Lost in Youtube videos so maybe I could try this game for the Vita? It's only $14.99. PM me some feedback for those of you who platinumed this game.

Edited by DetectiveCJ

Your parents probably don't have any pets - my folks have two dogs who have to be watched lest they end up turning feral with neglect, and Mom and Dad are actually saving money; the other option is putting them in a pet hotel which would put them back a lot each day. Even so, I would have gladly accepted $40 for that recent dog-sitting job, my dad is just pretty generous, even though he's retired now and thus won't get a nice big paycheck anymore. (He used to be a college professor.) Of course, dad told me that he had saved up for retirement longer than I think so he might have a million dollars in his bank account. Also, the 'rents don't go on vacay often enough to drain their coffers dry with a generous tipping. (Once I got $120 for a week's time and my sister gave me an extra $30 to watch her two dogs and her boyfriend's incontinent dachshund, and those dogs are much more 'energetic'.

My mum has 2 dogs, 1 of which is an Irish wolfhound so absolutely huge. It would be an absolute pleasure to look after them, I may even bring my own dog around to play. I get your point though, nobody is going to refuse some gaming money!!

Your parents probably don't have any pets 

They used to have a cat.

Really enjoyed playing AT: the Secret of the Nameless Kingdom (well, except for the third dungeon in No Upgrade Run). Somehow motivated me to try Explore the Dungeon again for a moment... and then I remembered those unfair days in late dungeons + the game freezing <_< maybe one day... but not now...

will take a short break in PRD for now... started Grim Fandango for the Candy Rain... ^_^

That was fast :o. Have fun with Grim Fandango, I really didn't like the tank controls.

Participant #?? - Zangril

1. LittleBigPlanet 46/48 (Core Game Only) 97%  - Ready To Pop
  2. Croixleur Sigma 44/46 97% - Ready To Pop
  3. Mitsurugi Kamui Hikae 32/34 91% - Ready To Pop
  4. Uncharted: Drake's Fortune Remastered 44/46 (Core Game Only) 91% - Ready To Pop
  5. The Order: 1886 20/22 97% - Ready To Pop
  6. FAMILY GAME NIGHT 3 43/45 97% - Ready To Pop
  7. Jeopardy! 44/46 91% - Ready To Pop
  8. Dead Nation 33/35 (Core Game Only) 91% - Ready To Pop
  9. Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA X 21/31 62%
  10. Persona 4 Dancing All Night 13/40 27%
  11. Monster Monpiece 38/51 74%
  12. 3D DOT GAME HEROES 45/51 84%
  13. Strider 9/31 30%
  14. Tales of Zestiria 15/56 20%
  15. DRAGON QUEST HEROES: The World Tree's Woe and the Blight Below 43/50 84%

Made a little progress in Dragon Quest Heroes. Got 2 trophies. Just got one hard trophy left then the rest is all grinding.

Participant #10- Kent10201

1. Kingdom Hearts Final Mix-59% (28/56)

2. Kingdom Hearts re:Chain of Memories-4% (3/48)
3. Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep Final Mix-46% (20/46)
4. Ratchet and Clank-91% (33/35) READY TO PLAT 
5. Ratchet and Clank 2:Going Commando-39% (18/35)
6. Ratchet and Clank 3:Up Your Arsenal-27% (6/33)
7. Uncharted: Drake's Fortune Remastered-37% (23/46)
8. Uncharted 2: Among Theives Remastered-29% (18/45)
9. Uncharted 4: A Theif's End-24% (16/56)

10. Batman: Arkham Knight-89% (57/65)

I spent the last two days finishing my final run in Kingdom Hearts Final Mix. All I have to do now is a lot of grinding. I'll update my progress more later tonight because working on Jiminy's journal to long.

1. Kingdom Hearts Final Mix-59% (28/56)

I spent the last two days finishing my final run in Kingdom Hearts Final Mix. All I have to do now is a lot of grinding. I'll update my progress more later tonight because working on Jiminy's journal to long.

What was your final time for the Proud mode speedrun?

That was fast :o. Have fun with Grim Fandango, I really didn't like the tank controls.

I was surprised as well... I guess I just loved the gameplay and Adventure Time xD + the story is not that long :P

Still struggling with the tank controls plus the camera but aside from those, currently enjoying it. 

I was surprised as well... I guess I just loved the gameplay and Adventure Time xD + the story is not that long :P

Still struggling with the tank controls plus the camera but aside from those, currently enjoying it. 

Oh yeah, forgot about the camera. At times that's even worse than the tank controls, but the story is great :D.

What was your final time for the Proud mode speedrun?

My final time was 16:30 although about three hours were spent getting destroyed by the heartless gauntlet right before the final boss. I was so frustated by it that I almost gave up but I finally manage to push through it with a lot of practice and patience.

My final time was 16:30 although about three hours were spent getting destroyed by the heartless gauntlet right before the final boss. I was so frustated by it that I almost gave up but I finally manage to push through it with a lot of practice and patience.

That's not bad time at all. I didn't like the fights in the room right before the final save point where that Heartless emblem crumbles away slowly. That fight never seemed to end. But congrats with getting it done :yay:.

Edited by Dragon-Archon

YIKES. I'd better redo my Proud Mode run so I can get optimize it so I can spam Tinkerbell during that 100 Heartless fight! Good thing I made Standard Mode my Speedster run.

Oh yeah, update:

1. Ratchet and Clank: Going Commando (58% - 25/35)
  2. Ratchet and Clank: A Crack In Time (20% - 13/37)
  3. Ratchet and Clank: Into the Nexus (ready to plat; 96% - 21/23)
  4. Ratchet and Clank (PS4) (ready to plat; 91% - 45/47)
  5. Disgaea 5: Alliance of Vengeance (80% - 47/51)
  6. Dragon Quest Heroes (44% - 29/50)
  7. LEGO Dimensions (ready to plat; 91% - 37/39)
  8. OKAGE: Shadow King (87% - 27/30)
  9. Rogue Galaxy (84% - 29/35)
  10. Psychonauts (ready to plat! 98%; 36/38)

Got the following trophies in R&C2:

7Sfaf660.png Wrench Ninja 2: The Massacre (finally survived the madness that are alien lasers; luckily I got it despite the turrets killing dudes)

2S66ebd9.png Platinum Power (all 40 bolts are mine! I missed a few but went back and combed the planets for them)

5S006473.pngMutation Complete (Mutated Protopet is not as bad a final boss as you might think compared to the gauntlet of Yeedil! A ton of Megaturrents, Killanoids, Heavy Bouncers and tons of Megarockets in the maw took out that ridiculous ugly Tribble. [star Trek ref FTW ^_^])

I tried to get some money in Challenge Mode for the I've Got Bolts to Trade(since the boltage is cumulative) but sadly I didn't get much of anything. :(

Edited by DetectiveCJ

4. Uncharted: Drake's Fortune Remastered 44/46 (Core Game Only) 91% - Ready To Pop
  9. DRAGON QUEST HEROES: The World Tree's Woe and the Blight Below 48/50 97% - Ready To Pop
  10. Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA X 21/31 62%
  11. Persona 4 Dancing All Night 13/40 27%
  12. Monster Monpiece 38/51 74%
  13. 3D DOT GAME HEROES 45/51 84%
  14. Strider 9/31 30%
  15. Tales of Zestiria 15/56 20%

Made progress in Dragon Quest Heroes and now it's ready to pop. Just need to buy the last weapon for the last trophy.

Edited by Zangril

Got the following trophies in R&C2:

7Sfaf660.png Wrench Ninja 2: The Massacre (finally survived the madness that are alien lasers; luckily I got it despite the turrets killing dudes)

2S66ebd9.png Platinum Power (all 40 bolts are mine! I missed a few but went back and combed the planets for them)

5S006473.pngMutation Complete (Mutated Protopet is not as bad a final boss as you might think compared to the gauntlet of Yeedil! A ton of Megaturrents, Killanoids, Heavy Bouncers and tons of Megarockets in the maw took out that ridiculous ugly Tribble. [star Trek ref FTW ^_^])

I tried to get some money in Challenge Mode for the I've Got Bolts to Trade(since the boltage is cumulative) but sadly I didn't get much of anything. :(

Nice work completing the space races. For challenge mode you need to increase the multiplier to get more bolts, though enemies near the end of the game drop the most so it's not really worth it to farm them at the start of the game.

YIKES. I'd better redo my Proud Mode run so I can get optimize it so I can spam Tinkerbell during that 100 Heartless fight! Good thing I made Standard Mode my Speedster run.

I didn't even use Tinker Bell   D:. I completely forgot. There goes three hours of my life that I could have made much easier :shakefist:. I think you should be okay though, because I took the fight on extremely underleveled. I believe I took it on at level 50 so if you get to around level 55 you should be able to beat it. Remember to stock up on some items because they were my saving grace.

Unfortunately I wasn't able to play any games on my list yesterday because I was working on my first guide which has now been published  :dance:  :dance:! I'll get to work on them today but I have to finish some homework first  :(

1. Kingdom Hearts Final Mix-73% (38/56)

I made a lot of progress in Kingdom Hearts today. I got most of the collectibles in the game, won some secret boss fights and started the long, harsh synthesis and level grind. I should hopefully have this ready in the next week or so if everything goes as planned. The grind can't be that long. Right  :dunno:?

I just purchased Tearaway Unfolded for the PS4 along with $60 in PSN cards so I can buy the Vita version of Dragon Quest Builders when it comes out. I have over $83 in PSN money (I won a giveaway for a PSN card :D) so any money left over will go towards another game.

Also, say goodbye to OKAGE. :P

Oh yeah, update:

6. Dragon Quest Heroes (44% - 29/50)
  8. Tearaway Unfolded: Crafted Edition (0% - 0/35)

I have lifted a burden off of my shoulders. I will platinum OKAGE, but it'll be in my A-Z list since I do not want to have a final boss battle in any game be the final trophy unless I can get through it super-fast and Beloume is NOT super-fast. :(

Welp, off to grind the Green Dragon grotto in DQH 50 times. See ya later with an update!

Edited by DetectiveCJ

1. Kingdom Hearts Final Mix-73% (38/56)

I made a lot of progress in Kingdom Hearts today. I got most of the collectibles in the game, won some secret boss fights and started the long, harsh synthesis and level grind. I should hopefully have this ready in the next week or so if everything goes as planned. The grind can't be that long. Right  :dunno:?

Nicely done, good luck with the secret bosses.

I just purchased Tearaway Unfolded for the PS4 along with $60 in PSN cards so I can buy the Vita version of Dragon Quest Builders when it comes out. I have over $83 in PSN money (I won a giveaway for a PSN card :D) so any money left over will go towards another game.

Nice, congrats :yay:.

9. DRAGON QUEST HEROES: The World Tree's Woe and the Blight Below 48/50 97% - Ready To Pop
  12. Monster Monpiece 38/51 74%
  14. Strider 11/31 35%

Made some progress in Strider and got 2 more trophies. Also while I didn't get any trophies in Zestiria I'm almost back to where I was before I started the game over. Just a few more hours and I should start getting new story :D

Edited by Zangril

As I promised, an early morning update:

6. Dragon Quest Heroes (68% - 35/50)
  8. Tearaway Unfolded: Crafted Edition (1% - 1/35)

I finally did a lot of stuff in Dragon Quest Heroes which I will put down in the official Let's Finish thread, but suffice it to say I completed the main story and my last trophy for the night was slaying a King Metal Slime. The place I did it was horribly overmatched for me; Belials, Pazuzus and G0 Robots were slaughtering my party left and right and the male lead died to a gang-bang by a bunch of tough foes. Also, I encountered four King Metal Slimes(I completed Maya's quest line to get the item to attract them) but I only got one because the others were too fast and escaped! :(

Also, started playing Tearaway Unfolded and got the first trophy in an hour. This game seems a lot different than the Vita version, you use the shoulder buttons to make a light to destroy scraps.

Edited by DetectiveCJ

Made some progress in Strider and got 2 more trophies. Also while I didn't get any trophies in Zestiria I'm almost back to where I was before I started the game over. Just a few more hours and I should start getting new story :D

I finally did a lot of stuff in Dragon Quest Heroes which I will put down in the official Let's Finish thread, but suffice it to say I completed the main story and my last trophy for the night was slaying a King Metal Slime. The place I did it was horribly overmatched for me; Belials, Pazuzus and G0 Robots were slaughtering my party left and right and the male lead died to a gang-bang by a bunch of tough foes. Also, I encountered four King Metal Slimes(I completed Maya's quest line to get the item to attract them) but I only got one because the others were too fast and escaped! :(

Also, started playing Tearaway Unfolded and got the first trophy in an hour. This game seems a lot different than the Vita version, you use the shoulder buttons to make a light to destroy scraps.

Nice work :yay:.

12. Monster Monpiece 40/51 77%
  14. Strider 13/31 40%

Beat 2 more areas in Monster Monpiece and also got 2 trophies in Strider. This is earlier than I normally post my daily update but I'm going to be away from my computer for a day or so and I wanted to get the update posted.