Platinum Rain Day - Ended

I may be adding more games soon because of this amazing flash sale. I will be getting God Eater and Tales of Hearts for sure. Any other suggestions? I might have to go out and get a $50 PSN card.

I enjoyed Monster Monpiece too, it's a card battle game. Tales of Graces F and Tales of Xillia are still in my backlog, but I recommend those too.

Okay, thanks! I'll get back when I log on.

EDIT: Okay, so I purchased the following games and drained my account to $0.93:

For the Vita:

1. S9bc30d.png Hyperdimension Neptunia Re:Birth and its sequel, Re:Birth 2; I bought all of the level increase packs for the first game and downloaded all of the free stuff packs to make my job easier. I had a bad time with the original HDN but hopefully this is better.

For the PS4:

1. S24e39c.pngGone Home Console Edition (should be easy as heck)
  2. Sf71cf3.pngFat Princess Adventures (will need to boost for the hardest modes)
  3. Sca4318.png LittleBigPlanet 3 (I had a code for this game but that code was redeemed on my old account and I can't recover it.)
Edited by DetectiveCJ

I edited the post to show what I bought. I was tempted to get Tales of Hearts R or Monster Monpiece but decided against that - I don't mind the grind but I don't like to grind THAT much and Monster Monpiece requires 200 online boosts which I don't feel like doing as of now. :(

Edited by DetectiveCJ

I edited the post to show what I bought. I was tempted to get Tales of Hearts R or Monster Monpiece but decided against that - I don't mind the grind but I don't like to grind THAT much and Monster Monpiece requires 2000 online boosts which I don't feel like doing as of now. :(

I think you mean 200 instead of 2,0000 :P. The online is easy to boost, because you can surrender at the first turn.

Okay, thanks! I'll get back when I log on.

EDIT: Okay, so I purchased the following games and drained my account to $0.93:

For the Vita:

1. S9bc30d.png Hyperdimension Neptunia Re:Birth and its sequel, Re:Birth 2; I bought all of the level increase packs for the first game and downloaded all of the free stuff packs to make my job easier. I had a bad time with the original HDN but hopefully this is better.

For the PS4:

1. S24e39c.pngGone Home Console Edition (should be easy as heck)
  2. Sf71cf3.pngFat Princess Adventures (will need to boost for the hardest modes)
  3. Sca4318.png LittleBigPlanet 3 (I had a code for this game but that code was redeemed on my old account and I can't recover it.)

The hardest modes of Fat Princess Adventures are not too bad solo with the right equipment and character class.  Managed to do them solo on my old account without any issues :)  

I think you mean 200 instead of 2,0000 :P. The online is easy to boost, because you can surrender at the first turn.

Well, yeah, I added an extra 0 by mistake. :unsure:  And while I could just surrender each match, I don't want to seem like a dickweed by just throwing match after match. Some of the people I might go online with might want to have a fair challenge and feel cheated if they got the win automatically. I'm a bit of a good sport. B)

The hardest modes of Fat Princess Adventures are not too bad solo with the right equipment and character class.  Managed to do them solo on my old account without any issues :)

That's impressive. I am just reading the guide which says that Cakemare mode is easier with co-op but I'll see if it's true when I get into it. I have so many games to go through though.

Well, yeah, I added an extra 0 by mistake. :unsure:  And while I could just surrender each match, I don't want to seem like a dickweed by just throwing match after match. Some of the people I might go online with might want to have a fair challenge and feel cheated if they got the win automatically. I'm a bit of a good sport. B)

That's impressive. I am just reading the guide which says that Cakemare mode is easier with co-op but I'll see if it's true when I get into it. I have so many games to go through though.

That's why Gaming Sessions are great. You can find a like-minded person, who just wants to be done with the online mode. When it goes on sale again, I hope you change your mind.

You can also boost it by yourself in ad-hoc mode if you have 2 Vitas or 1 Vita and a Playstation Vita TV.

Participant #?? - Zangril

1. LittleBigPlanet 46/48 (Core Game Only) 97%  - Ready To Pop
  2. Croixleur Sigma 44/46 97% - Ready To Pop
  3. Mitsurugi Kamui Hikae 32/34 91% - Ready To Pop
  4. Uncharted: Drake's Fortune Remastered 44/46 (Core Game Only) 91% - Ready To Pop
  5. The Order: 1886 20/22 97% - Ready To Pop
  6. FAMILY GAME NIGHT 3 43/45 97% - Ready To Pop
  7. Jeopardy! 44/46 91% - Ready To Pop
  8. Dead Nation 33/35 (Core Game Only) 91% - Ready To Pop
  9. DRAGON QUEST HEROES: The World Tree's Woe and the Blight Below 48/50 97% - Ready To Pop
  10. Strider 28/31 87% - Ready To Pop
  11. Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA X 21/31 62%
  12. Persona 4 Dancing All Night 13/40 27%
  13. Monster Monpiece 41/51 78%
  14. 3D DOT GAME HEROES 45/51 84%
  15. Tales of Zestiria 15/56 20%

Not much to report this time. Just got one more trophy in Monster Monpiece for winning 70 offline battles. Also started working on the grind to 50 wins in Jeopardy. Just 11 more to go until I only need 1 more win for the last trophy to pop. 

Having a boosting partner solves that :awesome:, besides the online was pretty much dead when I played the game at the start of 2016.

So, I just bought God Eater, Tales of Hearts and Hyperdimesion Neptunia Re:Birth from the flash sale  :lol:. I'm not sure what I'll add to the list because I have Guitar Hero Live coming this week and I will be adding that to list even though I probably won't be able to finish it. (It should have been here yesterday but it got delayed because of the stupid hurricanes  :angry:)

My backlog is starting to get out of control  :(. To many games, not enough time.

Oh well. Time to go synthesis grind in Kingdom Hearts  :).

Edited by Kent10201
  • Like 2

So, I just bought God Eater, Tales of Hearts and Hyperdimesion Neptunia Re:Birth from the flash sale  :lol:. I'm not sure what I'll add to the list because I have Guitar Hero Live coming this week and I will be adding that to list even though I probably won't be able to finish it. (It should have been here yesterday but it got delayed because of the stupid hurricanes  :angry:)

My backlog is starting to get out of control  :(. To many games, not enough time.

Oh well. Time to go synthesis grind in Kingdom Hearts  :).

Nice, have fun with those games :yay: and good luck with the synthesis grind.

I feel your pain - I need to clear up my backlog but I am just so obsessed with completing my job grind in Dragon Quest VII: Fragments of the Forgotten Past so I can get on with the freaking story, because Maribel will leave me in the lurch and I get Aishe, who needs to be trained from scratch. Stupid father getting ill at an inopportune time. :angry: Gonna have to advance the story once Gabo gets his last monster class because I can't get the last hearts I need for Platinum King(Goodybag, Mandrake Major) until Buccanhem.

Sorry, went off on a tangent there. Just letting you know why I am slowing down my trophy grinding. Also, my stupid head cold is wrecking havoc with my throat and sinuses so I have to be IV'd to a damn cup of water every ten minutes. Couldn't get any sleep last night because of that so I played Dragon Quest Builders until I unlocked the third portal. Yep, still in Cantlin, this adventure has been going on forever and now I have to farm rockbomb shards from exploding rocks - and you can't get the shards if they blow themselves up. :(

I bought a few games myself, but if I put any of them on the list it'd be only Hyperdimension Neptunia Re:Birth 2. The first Re:Birth will go on my A-Z list.

I had no idea anyone else did this. lol

My gf and I did this exact thing a few years back (also getting the platinums at the same time if they were the same game). We aren't into trophies (I guess we're completionists but not hunters) but I like the timestamps so we like to have fun with them. 

Currently I have 48 games that are ready for platinum (would be 49 but Super stardust added VR trophies and I want to get 100% and platinum at once).

I edited the post to show what I bought. I was tempted to get Tales of Hearts R or Monster Monpiece but decided against that - I don't mind the grind but I don't like to grind THAT much and Monster Monpiece requires 200 online boosts which I don't feel like doing as of now. :(

I think it the best decision for not picking up MonMon for now.. IIRC it was on waaay much lower price in previous flash sales... Rob mentioned that he got it for $2 in a previous flash sale.

I highly recommend Tales of Hearts R though. I really liked it's gameplay.

Mini Update?

1. Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault - 21/23 (98%) - ready to pop!

After days of struggle with my net... could finally confirm that this one's ready to pop. Just finished downloading the game in my PS3.

Now... hopefully my net could struggle more and finish downloading Tales of Graces f and few games I've bought in recent flash sale...

Edited by JaM

I had no idea anyone else did this. lol

My gf and I did this exact thing a few years back (also getting the platinums at the same time if they were the same game). We aren't into trophies (I guess we're completionists but not hunters) but I like the timestamps so we like to have fun with them. 

Currently I have 48 games that are ready for platinum (would be 49 but Super stardust added VR trophies and I want to get 100% and platinum at once).

Awesome :highfive:. How many plats are you saving?

I think it the best decision for not picking up MonMon for now.. IIRC it was on waaay much lower price in previous flash sales... Rob mentioned that he got it for $2 in a previous flash sale.

I highly recommend Tales of Hearts R though. I really liked it's gameplay.

Mini Update?

1. Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault - 21/23 (98%) - ready to pop!

After days of struggle with my net... could finally confirm that this one's ready to pop. Just finished downloading the game in my PS3.

Now... hopefully my net could struggle more and finish downloading Tales of Graces f and few games I've bought in recent flash sale...

Only people with an US PSN account can say that -_- . I got Monster Monpiece for €7 or something and that was a great deal.

Nice work :yay:. That Iron Madman trophy is a ridiculous grind. Have fun with Graces f.

Edited by Dragon-Archon

I still have the game and intend on playing it on my new account, so if you get to a point where you're playing it and need some help co-op, keep me in mind :)

Only people with an US PSN account can say that -_- . I got Monster Monpiece for €7 or something and that was a great deal.

Nice work :yay:. That Iron Madman trophy is a ridiculous grind. Have fun with Graces f.

ahaaah-onion-head-emoticon.gif?129286248

To be fair, Iron Madman grind is not bad, what I dislike about it is there is no way knowing your progress in running and gliding. Could still remember the paranoia of asking myself "have I ran enough? have I glided enough? This is gliding right?"

it looks like my luck for today ran out... for the second time, my file of Graces f was corrupted and unable to install bled2-onion-head-emoticon.gif?1292862492 currently leaning now on buying the physical version instead.

I have 48 ready so at least 50 I guess. When is the end date? I couldn't find it in the first post.

Ok, the end dates are February 3-5 2017.

ahaaah-onion-head-emoticon.gif?129286248

To be fair, Iron Madman grind is not bad, what I dislike about it is there is no way knowing your progress in running and gliding. Could still remember the paranoia of asking myself "have I ran enough? have I glided enough? This is gliding right?"

it looks like my luck for today ran out... for the second time, my file of Graces f was corrupted and unable to install bled2-onion-head-emoticon.gif?1292862492 currently leaning now on buying the physical version instead.

That's what made the grind so ridiculous for me. I was constantly wondering if it was enough.

That sucks :|. Didn't know that was possible.

Sorry to hear that your PS3(? Sorry, I don't know what console Graces f is for) won't let you install the game. To be fair, I was going to buy Tales of Xillia instead but when I put it in my PS3 cart, the console asked me to reverify my debit card and I had forgotten the security code. :(

Maybe work a tad on updates tonight. I am feeling a lot better but I don't want to risk having to stop halfway through a session to take cough syrup.

That sucks :|. Didn't know that was possible.

Sorry to hear that your PS3(? Sorry, I don't know what console Graces f is for) won't let you install the game. 

It is not really a new news... and it is happening to me often lately when I download stuffs on my PS3, probably my connection which is more frustrating for me cause I have managed to download and install FFA without a problem earlier and re-downloading a game from scratch is a huge struggle to me :|

Participant #?? - Zangril

1. LittleBigPlanet 46/48 (Core Game Only) 97%  - Ready To Pop
  2. Croixleur Sigma 44/46 97% - Ready To Pop
  3. Mitsurugi Kamui Hikae 32/34 91% - Ready To Pop
  4. Uncharted: Drake's Fortune Remastered 44/46 (Core Game Only) 91% - Ready To Pop
  5. The Order: 1886 20/22 97% - Ready To Pop
  6. FAMILY GAME NIGHT 3 43/45 97% - Ready To Pop
  7. Jeopardy! 44/46 91% - Ready To Pop
  8. Dead Nation 33/35 (Core Game Only) 91% - Ready To Pop
  9. DRAGON QUEST HEROES: The World Tree's Woe and the Blight Below 48/50 97% - Ready To Pop
  10. Strider 28/31 87% - Ready To Pop
  11. Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA X 22/31 65%
  12. Persona 4 Dancing All Night 13/40 27%
  13. Monster Monpiece 41/51 78%
  14. 3D DOT GAME HEROES 45/51 84%
  15. Tales of Zestiria 15/56 20%

Got 1 more trophy in Project Diva and leveled up everyone quite a bit. Everyone's level 8 except Kaito who's 5. Also just 5 more to go until I only need 1 more win in Jeopardy for the last trophy to pop.