Platinum Rain Day - Ended

It is not really a new news... and it is happening to me often lately when I download stuffs on my PS3, probably my connection which is more frustrating for me cause I have managed to download and install FFA without a problem earlier and re-downloading a game from scratch is a huge struggle to me :|

It's the first time I'm hearing about it. I always manually pause and restart the download, so maybe that's why I've never had that issue.

Sorry to hear that your PS3(? Sorry, I don't know what console Graces f is for) won't let you install the game. To be fair, I was going to buy Tales of Xillia instead but when I put it in my PS3 cart, the console asked me to reverify my debit card and I had forgotten the security code. :(

Maybe work a tad on updates tonight. I am feeling a lot better but I don't want to risk having to stop halfway through a session to take cough syrup.

Graces f is for the PS3.

Participant #10- Kent10201

1. Kingdom Hearts Final Mix-81% (43/56)
2. Kingdom Hearts re:Chain of Memories-4% (3/48)
3. Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep Final Mix-46% (20/46)
4. Ratchet and Clank-91% (33/35) READY TO PLAT 
5. Ratchet and Clank 2:Going Commando-39% (18/35)
6. Ratchet and Clank 3:Up Your Arsenal-27% (6/33)
7. Uncharted: Drake's Fortune Remastered-37% (23/46)
8. Uncharted 2: Among Theives Remastered-29% (18/45)
9. Uncharted 4: A Theif's End-24% (16/56)

10. Batman: Arkham Knight-89% (57/65)

The synthesis grind is going to take a lot longer then expected  :|. I grinded for about six hours yesterday and only got to 21/30 items and those are the easy items. On the bright side Sora is already level 87 so I definitely will not have to grind levels as well. I may need to take a break from Kingdom Hearts at least for a couple of days because I never want to look at another Sniperwild again  -_-

I'm going to finish Amnesia to clear up space on my Vita and then I may work on Ratchet and Clank 2 today.

It is not really a new news... and it is happening to me often lately when I download stuffs on my PS3, probably my connection which is more frustrating for me cause I have managed to download and install FFA without a problem earlier and re-downloading a game from scratch is a huge struggle to me :|

I've had this problem before on both my PS4 and PS3. I had to format both of my HDDs to get things to download again, including updates. I had everything backed up so it wasn't that big of a deal. I don't know how much data you have on your PS3 but you may want to try formatting your HDD. It really sucks that this happens to so many people  :(.

Edited by Kent10201

The synthesis grind is going to take a lot longer then expected  :|. I grinded for about six hours yesterday and only got to 21/30 items and those are the easy items. On the bright side Sora is already level 87 so I definitely will not have to grind levels as well. I may need to take a break from Kingdom Hearts at least for a couple of days because I never want to look at another Sniperwild again  -_-

I'm going to finish Amnesia to clear up space on my Vita and then I may work on Ratchet and Clank 2 today.

I completely forgot about the Sniperwilds. :angry:

Anyways, I am playing Rogue Galaxy right now and working my way through the dread Ghost Ship. Just defeated the first rematch boss and other than having to burn a few heals, I got through okay. Once I get some supplies from the local Wal-Mart to keep my sinuses quiet, I'll be working through the rest of the Ghost Ship. I know there's no trophy for finishing the Ghost Ship, but at least it'll give me some good EXP. I've given up getting 100% of the Battle Records - some of the enemies are very rare and I need a lot of Youtube Live Streams to get through that sort of grind. Also, I plan on running the Ghost Ship Extreme four times to get four Dark Emperors to completely annihilate the Insectron Tournaments to S Rank. I have only two other bugs and it's boring checking in on them and feeding them Battle Feed every five minutes. (Of course, ironically, I know I'll have to do the same to max out the stats of the Dark Emperors as well, but I am not interested in finding a bunch of bugs just for the S-Rank, since you can win by wiping out the king and at least two Dark Emperors can spam their special move to weaken the king, fly over, and kick its buggy @$$. B) )

It'll be a long time before I get another Rogue Galaxy trophy, but I don't want to drop that game just yet - I know it's not going to be impossible to get the rest of the trophies but it'll be a long grind and the Ghost Ship is very dangerous. Jaster is my strongest character and he's only Level 71.

I've had this problem before on both my PS4 and PS3. I had to format both of my HDDs to get things to download again, including updates. I had everything backed up so it wasn't that big of a deal. I don't know how much data you have on your PS3 but you may want to try formatting your HDD. It really sucks that this happens to so many people  :(.

Yeah those new heartless are definitely a pain in the rear. Gigant Shadow, Stealth Soldier, Black Ballade, Sniper Wild, and Pink Agaricus are annoying to farm. 

It's the first time I'm hearing about it. I always manually pause and restart the download, so maybe that's why I've never had that issue.

That's what I do as well. Looks like my ISP is the culprit.

hope you enjoy Amnesia.. esp. Toma Onii-chan's route :awesome:

yikes... it is also happening to PS4? :| b-b-but... me don't wanna format my PS3 atm :|

hope you enjoy Amnesia.. esp. Toma Onii-chan's route :awesome:

yikes... it is also happening to PS4? :| b-b-but... me don't wanna format my PS3 atm :|

I just finished Amnesia and Toma's route was probably my favorite but Shin was a close second  :awesome:.

Unfortunately it happened on the PS4 as well. You could look into the issue some more but this was the only solution I could find. I got lucky on with PS3 becasue it happened the first time I tried to download something. The PS4 however...Let's just say it took me two full days to download everything back  :emo:.

I just finished Amnesia and Toma's route was probably my favorite but Shin was a close second  :awesome:.

Unfortunately it happened on the PS4 as well. You could look into the issue some more but this was the only solution I could find. I got lucky on with PS3 becasue it happened the first time I tried to download something. The PS4 however...Let's just say it took me two full days to download everything back  :emo:.

Finally, someone finally have appreciate Toma Onii-chan's love :awesome: Kent > Toma > Shin for me though xD

Finally, someone finally have appreciate Toma Onii-chan's love :awesome: Kent > Toma > Shin for me though xD

It's hard not to love Kent when I have the same name as him  :lol:. I found their relationship to be the best but the story to be really boring. There was more character devlopment then plot development with him. 

I found it to be Shin > Kent > Joker route > Ikki > Toma.

It's hard not to love Kent when I have the same name as him  :lol:. I found their relationship to be the best but the story to be really boring. There was more character devlopment then plot development with him. 

Yeah same here.

Minor update:

Sorry I didn't update this sooner, but I am sick with a cold and got distracted by Dragon Quest Builders on the Vita.

1. Ratchet and Clank: Going Commando (58% - 25/35)
  2. Ratchet and Clank: A Crack In Time (73% - 30/37)
  3. Ratchet and Clank: Into the Nexus (ready to plat; 96% - 21/23)
  4. Ratchet and Clank (PS4) (ready to plat; 91% - 45/47)
  5. Disgaea 5: Alliance of Vengeance (80% - 47/51)
  6. Dragon Quest Heroes (74% - 37/50)
  7. LEGO Dimensions (ready to plat; 91% - 37/39)
  8. Tearaway Unfolded: Crafted Edition (44% - 23/35)
  9. Rogue Galaxy (85% - 30/35)
  10. Psychonauts (ready to plat! 98%; 36/38)

Finally did some Rogue Galaxy, not sure if I can finish it but I am getting progress - I finally gave up on 100% Battle Records and got the Ghost Ship out of the way. The bosses were tough but nothing a Perfect Heal couldn't fix. B) I then remembered to look up the Seventh Mystery answers. (The first time I tried, I only got 3 out of 7. :( ) Anyways, now Jaster and company are on the Ghost Ship Extreme, Floor 4. I'll work on that later. So at least I got the Space Whiz trophy.

Then more Tearaway Unfolded, and I got pretty decently far into it. The game isn't too hard to get through as long as you remember your tricks. I keep failing the Misplaced Mole, but I did get him to the Squeakeasy in Cogage Cove after a few tries - kept walking off the pier and into the drink.  :angry: Managed to complete the story, which is totally different than the original version and had to go back to the last stage to get a photo of it for the Globe Trotter trophy. It took me so long it was dawn by the time I stopped playing. :lol:

Gonna try and see if I can get further in R&C2 challenge mode but I'll be focusing on my other games off-list. I want to see if I can get my 36th platinum before Christmas.

Edited by DetectiveCJ

Pretty fun! The Minecraft aspect didn't detract from the gameplay and now I see why Minecraft is so popular. :awesome:

But those who have gone through Minecraft will find that this game has much better graphics and easier means of crafting items. The blueprints are a bit of a hassle(until I figured out that checking the plans shows you where to put stuff) and I ran out of inventory fast(because of collecting so many earth blocks. Seriously, that's enough chalk! :( ) but overall, it's fun. I'm a bit stuck trying to get rockbomb shards(those dang monsters are tough to kill before they blow up, and you can't get their drops if they Kamikazee) but I'm having a blast. The trophy list is easy too, just do everything for everyone in the game and some miscellaneous stuff.

Pretty fun! The Minecraft aspect didn't detract from the gameplay and now I see why Minecraft is so popular. :awesome:

But those who have gone through Minecraft will find that this game has much better graphics and easier means of crafting items. The blueprints are a bit of a hassle(until I figured out that checking the plans shows you where to put stuff) and I ran out of inventory fast(because of collecting so many earth blocks. Seriously, that's enough chalk! :( ) but overall, it's fun. I'm a bit stuck trying to get rockbomb shards(those dang monsters are tough to kill before they blow up, and you can't get their drops if they Kamikazee) but I'm having a blast. The trophy list is easy too, just do everything for everyone in the game and some miscellaneous stuff.

Ok, I'm still one of those people who doesn't get why Minecraft is so popular :P. Good luck with it :D.

Ok, I'm still one of those people who doesn't get why Minecraft is so popular :P. Good luck with it :D.

Thanks. I've reached the final part of the Cantlin area, I just have to defeat the Golem. But the prob is that to keep him from destroying your town, you need to craft 20 of a certain shield, which requires 5 chunks of orichalcum and 3 blocks of golemite, which are only farmable by creating magic bombs that are the only means of extracting said items since they are in stuff that is impossible to damage otherwise. Then the bombs... you need to get shards from three rockbombs, which takes forever. (I found the best way to destroy them so they don't blow themselves up is to made a deathtrap filled with spikes - the spikes do set damage and you just have to trap them in a pit with spikes they can't get out of and wait until they die. :awesome: So I have to go back and farm rockbombs to get enough for 20 bombs, which are the best weapon against the Golem, AND enough bombs to get enough material to create 12 of those shields.

Not only that, I've been trying to find a cave with some bones in it. If you bury the bones a zombie appears and you get some shoes that let you double jump, which I need to do to get the trophy for completing all quests in Cantlin.

Any of you guys ever played Mercenaries 2? I have an issue but not sure if anyone has the answer. I have completed the game and am tidying up to finish off all the shop items but I have a horrid feeling that a couple of the side missions disappear upon completion. Can anyone confirm this to save me wasting time? Just means I will have to do my 2nd playthrough a bit more involved than I originally planned to.

11. Guitar Hero Live-4% (3/50)

I finally got GH:Live in the mail today and will be spending a lot of time with over the next couple of months. I will most likely not finish it but figured I would add it considering I will be playing it in between the games on my list  :).

Any of you guys ever played Mercenaries 2? I have an issue but not sure if anyone has the answer. I have completed the game and am tidying up to finish off all the shop items but I have a horrid feeling that a couple of the side missions disappear upon completion. Can anyone confirm this to save me wasting time? Just means I will have to do my 2nd playthrough a bit more involved than I originally planned to.

I haven't played the game yet, but finishing the story does seem to lock-up missions from the opposing faction. If you still need the shop item for completing every faction challenge up to Lv 3 then you can either try your luck in the buggy co-op or restart from scratch.

Thanks. I've reached the final part of the Cantlin area, I just have to defeat the Golem. But the prob is that to keep him from destroying your town, you need to craft 20 of a certain shield, which requires 5 chunks of orichalcum and 3 blocks of golemite, which are only farmable by creating magic bombs that are the only means of extracting said items since they are in stuff that is impossible to damage otherwise. Then the bombs... you need to get shards from three rockbombs, which takes forever. (I found the best way to destroy them so they don't blow themselves up is to made a deathtrap filled with spikes - the spikes do set damage and you just have to trap them in a pit with spikes they can't get out of and wait until they die. :awesome: So I have to go back and farm rockbombs to get enough for 20 bombs, which are the best weapon against the Golem, AND enough bombs to get enough material to create 12 of those shields.

Not only that, I've been trying to find a cave with some bones in it. If you bury the bones a zombie appears and you get some shoes that let you double jump, which I need to do to get the trophy for completing all quests in Cantlin.

That sounds like a lot of farming.

I finally got GH:Live in the mail today and will be spending a lot of time with over the next couple of months. I will most likely not finish it but figured I would add it considering I will be playing it in between the games on my list  :).

Nice, I'm still waiting for my package to arrive :|. Nothing today .... again :shakefist:.

I haven't played the game yet, but finishing the story does seem to lock-up missions from the opposing faction. If you still need the shop item for completing every faction challenge up to Lv 3 then you can either try your luck in the buggy co-op or restart from scratch.

So does co-op progress count towards your own progress then? It is either that or I have to do the entire thing again.

So does co-op progress count towards your own progress then? It is either that or I have to do the entire thing again.

The only source I found that co-op might help with missing outpost missions was in the IGN walkthrough, so I'm not 100% behind using that method. Sorry about that but it does seem the best thing to do would be to start from scratch if you don't have a save file from before finishing the last mission.

Update time!

1. Ratchet and Clank: Going Commando (73% - 28/35)

First I got, to my surprise, the 6Sfe7ded.png I've got bolt to trade after trading in all the crystals on Tabora, then I picked up 14Sed1038.pngNow it's time... immediately by spending all those bolts I got for the RYNO II, which is the strongest weapon in the game. I finally got all of my nano boosts(found one I had missed but had to race in the Joba Circuit and unlock race 3 AGAIN, ugh) and got the 8S67c9d5.pngNano to the Max skill point and trophy. Now all I need to do is...

1. 9Sc094a3.png Complete the Impossible Challenge(which requires me to complete a wrench-only challenge so I will have to get the wrench back to Level 3 on Aranos again because I get annihilated with the Level 2 wrench)
  2. 4Sccab28.png Get all the remaining mega upgrades and level them up to Ultra Level, which will get me the last skill point for Skilled
  3. 35S7d8cc9.png15Sce910b.png Get the Zodiac and Carbonox Armor. I plan on getting the armor before the Zodiac because I need the extra defense for the Impossible Challenge. I have found a glitch that will let me get infinite bolts by sheepinating a robot, similar to that Taunter racetrick glitch in the original.
  4. Finally, I will visit the Insomniac Museum by using the Shortcuts. I think that 24S30eb30.pngMuseum Tour will be the trophy I pop on the PRD date.

Sorry for the bad formatting - the icons spread the lines out a bit.

This will probably be out of date by tomorrow, because I plan to work some more on Tearaway Unfolded to get the 100% trophy (now that I have completed the story) and maybe done some of the above trophies for R&C2. I am hesitating on Crack in Time but will get to it by the end of the week. (I have a dentist appointment tomorrow afternoon - they're going to put a crown on my root canal. Also, tomorrow the Pokemon Sun/Moon demo comes out on e-Shop.)

Update time!

1. Ratchet and Clank: Going Commando (73% - 28/35)

First I got, to my surprise, the 6Sfe7ded.png I've got bolt to trade after trading in all the crystals on Tabora, then I picked up 14Sed1038.pngNow it's time... immediately by spending all those bolts I got for the RYNO II, which is the strongest weapon in the game. I finally got all of my nano boosts(found one I had missed but had to race in the Joba Circuit and unlock race 3 AGAIN, ugh) and got the 8S67c9d5.pngNano to the Max skill point and trophy. Now all I need to do is...

1. 9Sc094a3.png Complete the Impossible Challenge(which requires me to complete a wrench-only challenge so I will have to get the wrench back to Level 3 on Aranos again because I get annihilated with the Level 2 wrench)
  2. 4Sccab28.png Get all the remaining mega upgrades and level them up to Ultra Level, which will get me the last skill point for Skilled
  3. 35S7d8cc9.png15Sce910b.png Get the Zodiac and Carbonox Armor. I plan on getting the armor before the Zodiac because I need the extra defense for the Impossible Challenge. I have found a glitch that will let me get infinite bolts by sheepinating a robot, similar to that Taunter racetrick glitch in the original.
  4. Finally, I will visit the Insomniac Museum by using the Shortcuts. I think that 24S30eb30.pngMuseum Tour will be the trophy I pop on the PRD date.

Sorry for the bad formatting - the icons spread the lines out a bit.

This will probably be out of date by tomorrow, because I plan to work some more on Tearaway Unfolded to get the 100% trophy (now that I have completed the story) and maybe done some of the above trophies for R&C2. I am hesitating on Crack in Time but will get to it by the end of the week. (I have a dentist appointment tomorrow afternoon - they're going to put a crown on my root canal. Also, tomorrow the Pokemon Sun/Moon demo comes out on e-Shop.)

The impossible challenge is really easy with the RYNO II, Tesla Barrier, Bouncer, Plasma Coil, Lava/Meteor Gun, and those ninja stars.

....Totally not dead, just that the events were finally done in Japan so now i have time to....play :dunno:

Participant something-or-the-other: YaoiGod
  1. UNEpic - 10/58 (14%)
  2. The Witch and The Hundred Knight: Revival - 11/37 (22%).
  3. Bastion - 1/23 (1%)
  4. [Possibly withdrawn if i get scared again....] Until Dawn - 2/19 (5%).
  5. MIND=0 - 11/36 (20%).
  6. CONCEPTION II: Children of the Seven Stars - 3/51 (4%).
  7. Disgaea 5: Alliance of Venegeance - 18/51 (25%).
  8. Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA X - 29/31 (98%) Ready to pop!
  9. Persona 4 Golden - 44/50 (75%).
  10. The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel - 2/51 (2%)
  11. Catlateral Damage - 6/33 (8%)

I'll wrap up Rorona Plus and hopefully start on other games on the list other than UNEpic.

Edited by YaoiGod

That sounds like a lot of farming.

It's not too bad. I actually managed to defeat Golem with more bombs and less shields - the trick is to put the shield down in front of him when he starts to glow or else he'll toss a boulder that wipes out parts of your base. He summons a bunch of mooks which you have to destroy, but once he spins around and then gets dizzy, you dump a wrecking ball on his feet to knock him down and then pile a ton of wrecking balls on him to blow up in his face. I took a bit of damage and a second attempt but I managed to get past.

At the next part, Rimuldar. Found out that every time you do a new section of the game, you are reset to basic gear and your recipes are reset to the basic stuff like healing herbs and basic weapons. At least we can make the hammer and medical herb! I failed hard and died from starvation before I checked the build list... and found I could make a cookfire... and then I fell to my death because those dang bodkin archers poisoned me and I lost a lot of health. :facepalm:  Now we have to deal with poison and paralysis. You lose all knowledge and items between chapters except for basic room recipes like an inn, and each part of the game has its own set of save slots.

Also found out that the 100% quest-related trophies are actually the five challenges the game checks for after the end of the chapter. One of the challenges of each section is to complete the story in less than a certain amount of game days and another is given for getting your town's level to max level(Level 5); town level is increased by decorated spots and creating themed rooms like a dungeon cell or a BBQ kitchen. (Yes, they have a barbecue item you can craft.)

If you'd like to discuss more about this game, we can talk about it on the Dragon Quest Heroes thread. I have to go fish for cod now to create a paralysis cure for FOUR PEOPLE who ended up messing around with giant caterpillars. <_<

Edited by DetectiveCJ

At long last my PS3 can take a nice long rest. ^_^

1. Ratchet and Clank: Going Commando (ready to play; 98% - 33/35)

After spending eight hours overnight doing a glitch to build up my bolts, I got over 6 million bolts which I used to purchase the Carbonox Armor, every last upgrade except for the Black Sheepinator(which has no Mega upgrade) and the Zodiac, which I didn't have money left for. Luckily, I managed to blitz through the Impossible Challenge(I had expected Arachnoid to show up but I was wrong) and Ultra Tesla Shield and Clank Zapper did business allowing me to save all my RYNO II ammo for the Megapede boss at the end. ;) Immediately after winning all that cold cash, I burned it on the Zodiac to get a ton of trophies - BFG, Total Destruction(turns out you only need to buy every Mega Upgrade, you don't have to level them up to Ultra), and, since those were the last two skill points, Skilled. The only trophy left to get is visiting the Insomniac Museum, which I'll have to do early morning on the Platinum Rain date since the portal to that place is only open from 2:55 to 2:59 AM. Will have take a long day-nap the day before so I can get up at 1 AM. :(

Anyways, that's another game put away. Maybe I should do Crack in Time now... OOOOH, POKEMON SUN AND MOON DEMO AVAILABLE! *runs to his 2DS* :awesome: