Platinum Rain Day - Ended

Sorry to hear you have to drop out, narnode. RL sucks - I have to get a job soon and that means less time to play... not like I have any motivation to. Sorry about that, my autism is kicking in. :lol:

Dragon-A, I will gladly give you a definitive list but I am sure it will be very unstable until I can be assured of getting close. Still, I guess I can list all the games which I can platinum in the coming months and trim it down with updates if something else comes up.

1. LEGO Legends of Chima: Laval's Journey (98% - first game that has reached the limit and ready to plat, I just need to turn in the Croc Bark to that lion dude in the Lion Temple to get the last Red Brick for CHI-ter, the only trophy I haven't gotten yet)
  2. LEGO Batman 2: DC Superheroes (Vita) (44% - completed the story mode and got one miscellaneous trophy)
  3. LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham (Vita) (45% - completed the story mode and got a few miscellaneous trophies)
  4. LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham (PS4) (26% - I just need to get an adapter and a new power cord for my PS4 :( Once I do, I'll be on ASAP)
  5. Ratchet and Clank: Up Your Arsenal (81.8% - only need to earn 10 million bolts, blow it all on weapons, and level all the weapons to max level)
  6. Ratchet and Clank: A Crack in Time (only 3 trophies earned, but I will eventually get Ratchet off of Lord Vorselon's ship and get my act in gear)
  7. Ratchet and Clank: Into the Nexus (haven't even started this yet, I have a motto of going in order so I need to finish Crack in Time first, but I promise that this will be platinumed before December)
  8. LittleBigPlanet (64% - I decided to get this back and try to plat it; if a lot of people on this forum can get online over the months and heart my stuff, I can get rid of those online trophies fast and be done with it. The only offline trophy I don't have is acing all the levels and that's going to be a pain in the neck, especially the later levels, but I think I can do it)
  9. Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep Final Mix (2.5 Remix) (60.8% - the only thing holiding me back are the mini games; once I get my act in gear, I will start easy mode playthroughs for all three characters to get their journals filled 100% for the Adventurer trophies)
  10. Kingdom Hearts Final Mix (1.5 Remix) (23% - I did get all the trophies save the gummi ship one on my old account, so I can do it again. I will probably save the Kingdom Hearts games for my game days for Extra Life. I plan on game days on Halloween and National Game Day - Nov. 7 - and play these games non-stop.)

I may change one up for Hyperdimension Neptunia for the crossover-event with that thread, though. I bought the original and Victory for $17.99 each at Gamestop. Now, if you excuse me, I have to go exercise for 20 minutes because I made a deal with my Gym trainer - if I get to 240 lbs. by Christmas, he'll help me buy a Super Mario Maker Wii U Bundle and give me any game I want as well. B)

EDIT: I plugged this thread on my blog, check out the post HERE.

Edited by Maphantom238
  • Like 1

*snip*

Awesome, I'll add that list to the OP.

You got another cross over event with the Project Platinum: Metal Gear. Can this make less success or something?  :hmm:

What? Project Platinum Metal Gear?? What are you talking about??? *Goes off to investigate*.

AND THE NOMINATIONS COMING

DECEMBER 1ST :D

Awesome, I wonder if Star Ocean will be nominated.

Edited by Dragon-Archon

Attention participants:

Here's another update:

• We're doing another cross-over event with the Project Platinum Metal Gear.
  • I've added a Honourable Mentions section to thank various people for helping out.
  • The thread title has been changed a bit, because I like this one a lot better (credit for the idea goes to TheYuriG and his sig).

A little Update:

Uncharted 2 50% :)

Slowly but steady going forward :D

Nice, I'll add it.

Well there was an award for Biggest Grind last year...hint hint hint :)

Oh right, it's been almost a year so I forgot a few awards. I do remember sleeper hit, bomb, best game, and worst game.

Update:

Extra game 1 - Ratchet and Clank 89%, ready to pop.

Should do the other 2 others, depends on NetEntity if he wants to do them already or gonna give it some time between one and the other.

Nice, congrats. I'm out of likes for today (again  <_< ), so you'll get one tomorrow.

• Like 2

Oh right, it's been almost a year so I forgot a few awards. I do remember sleeper hit, bomb, best game, and worst game.

Those were the other 4 :). There will be more categories this year as well...but I think SO4 can pretty much clinch the Grind trophy (unless I decide to do Warhawk or something)

I've been lazy and haven't set anything up to pop particularly, I know I've got Tony Hawk HD down with one trophy left.

Tony Hawk 5 is a breeze on my main account so I might just rebeat that on Kris Army too.

Otherwise I also forgot about Telltale Game of Thrones and Borderlands, which should be complete by January, so there's a couple more.

Attention participants:

Here's another update:

• We're doing another cross-over event with the Project Platinum Metal Gear.
  • I've added a Honourable Mentions section to thank various people for helping out.
  • The thread title has been changed a bit, because I like this one a lot better (credit for the idea goes to TheYuriG and his sig).

I'm honoured to be mentioned, thank you. Gave you two likes :awesome:

Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands - 39/41

I only need to buy the last upgrade for platinum. :)

Thinking about what to actually plat. I was (and still am) gunning for 3 more platinums this year. If I platted inFamous SS and Pac-Man, I could most likely get inFamous FL and Pac-Man 2 done for January 1st. Oh well, I'll let you know if I decide to pop something from the list.

• Like 1

I may have to dropout of this since there is a good chance I'll be away on this day. Keep me on the list for now though since it isn't set in stone yet dood

I may not be here as well (thinking out going east for Christmas) so maybe we can do a second day (I mean all the likes are going to be gone so we should divide these up ^_^)

Also I find the title of this thread offensive now. It might rain down there in Brazil with Yuri but up here I think Platinum Blizzard day would be more appropriate :D

• Like 3

I may not be here as well (thinking out going east for Christmas) so maybe we can do a second day (I mean all the likes are going to be gone so we should divide these up ^_^)

Also I find the title of this thread offensive now. It might rain down there in Brazil with Yuri but up here I think Platinum Blizzard day would be more appropriate :D

Pretty sure a good bit of us don't get snow like you guys. Here in South Carolina we rarely get snow, and when we do it isn't much. Hell an inch of snow is a blizzard for us dood xD

Pretty sure a good bit of us don't get snow like you guys. Here in South Carolina we rarely get snow, and when we do it isn't much. Hell an inch of snow is a blizzard for us dood xD

At my work our lab is in Charlotte, NC. It was during my busy season and I had a lot of corrections that needed to be done but no one was answering the phone. The next day the same thing was happening so I went to my boss to find out what was going on.

Turns out they had 3 inches of snow and the city was shut down. They came back to work but oh she got made fun of by me for taking 2 days off of work for 3 inches of snow considering the blizzard of 97 landed on Monday and I went to school on Tuesday...and it looked like this...oh yeah it happened April 7th

034f4de6ff30d47197b69e6ea4dfaf55.jpg

Oh yeah also in December of 2013...we were colder than Mars...and shit was still open :P Actually let me quote the article

Some outdoor New Year's Eve activities cancelled

That's right SOME OUTDOOR activities cancelled...not all of them ^_^

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/winnipeg-deep-freeze-as-cold-as-uninhabited-planet-1.2479967

• Like 1

Ha ha ha, I'm glad you can cuss with impunity about the cold. Here in Texas we never get snow and we get hot days during December. xD Well, it's still cold most times but even so it's summer in October, so it's a weird glitch in the natural system if we ever got a blizzard here.

Anyways, updates!

Ratchet and Clank: A Crack in Time (8%) Finally got Ratcet off that dang ship(though I forgot to release the Fungoids in the last cell before opening the door winch so I was like 'dude, what's with this stupid door not opening, while Mr. Zurkon was insulting me "Mr. Zurkon not have all day!" :D ) and Ratchet got some nice new boots to play with and helped some space people out. I hate the satellites that summon Nefarious ships, though. Got 12 Zoni so now I have the tether upgrade to the Aphelion, and after I help some more space people I'll advance the story a bit.

LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham (Vita port) (51%) Did a couple of miscellaneous trophies when I finally figured out how to return to the Batcave, got Batman's final suit and did the ifnal Gold Brick Build. I think my last trophy to plat, the one that tips me over the limit on New Years 2016, will have to be the Techno Prisoners one because I think I will have to delete my save and restart to get that one as I found out that it's easy to get all the terminals and not maximize any of them and you can't redo them as it won't count. :facepalm:-_-

I have Teslagrad and Where the Wild Things are but I probably won't put them on the list - they are easy to plat and I don't want to taint my platinum rain just to stop and wait three months when I could use those slots to sincerely get some of my backlog cleaned out.

At my work our lab is in Charlotte, NC. It was during my busy season and I had a lot of corrections that needed to be done but no one was answering the phone. The next day the same thing was happening so I went to my boss to find out what was going on.

Turns out they had 3 inches of snow and the city was shut down. They came back to work but oh she got made fun of by me for taking 2 days off of work for 3 inches of snow considering the blizzard of 97 landed on Monday and I went to school on Tuesday...and it looked like this...oh yeah it happened April 7th

Oh yeah also in December of 2013...we were colder than Mars...and shit was still open :P Actually let me quote the article

That's right SOME OUTDOOR activities cancelled...not all of them ^_^

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/winnipeg-deep-freeze-as-cold-as-uninhabited-planet-1.2479967

xD That story kind of reminds me of my dad. He grew up in New York where they had blizzards so he was surprised how differently things worked here when he moved down here. So the first time it snowed for him here we barely got an inch and he didn't think anything of it so he was getting ready for work. My mom asked what he was doing and he said he was getting ready, she laughed and said work was closed because of the snow. He thought she was joking and drove to work to find out it really was closed dood

Now anytime there is only like a drop of snow my dad joke and says "Uh oh there is 1 drop of snow, the whole city is going to close down now" xD

• Like 2

xD That story kind of reminds me of my dad. He grew up in New York where they had blizzards so he was surprised how differently things worked here when he moved down here. So the first time it snowed for him here we barely got an inch and he didn't think anything of it so he was getting ready for work. My mom asked what he was doing and he said he was getting ready, she laughed and said work was closed because of the snow. He thought she was joking and drove to work to find out it really was closed dood

Now anytime there is only like a drop of snow my dad joke and says "Uh oh there is 1 drop of snow, the whole city is going to close down now" xD

I get it though, if you aren't prepared for it it can hit you badly (snow removal, sanding the streets etc). I had an employee from Africa who complained about the cold in September. We told him "it is going to get a lot colder, very quickly" and his response was "I know, but I am ok. I bought a sweater the other day" We laughed and took him Winter clothes shopping because a 'sweater' isn't going to cut it ^_^

Also back on topic for my weekly update. Dragon I earned 2 more trophies in Star Ocean this week so I am at 36/47 for that game :)

Well we could go with a neutral theme/title but "Platinum Precipitation Day" just doesn't have the same ring to it.

Wait a sec, I hadn't thought about all the likes being used up. All of the EU people will hog all the likes since Jan 1 starts several hours earlier for them compared to us in NA. Hmmm, might have to rethink my participation in this. Can't be missing out on all those likes.  :angry:

Edited by MStalker58