Platinum Rain Day - Ended

Well I finally have my first plat rdy guys.

Hyperdimension Neptunia Rebirth 3     98%  40/42

All I need is to unlock the 100 mil Trophy which is rdy all I have to do is sell my clothes! lol

And an update for Fallout 3    54%  44/73.

I'm considering changing one of my game to borderlands for the ps3. Only thing that concerns me is the online trophy that you get from playing with someone who already has it. If I load up that game on my list is there someone who would play a quick game with me that has the trophy? Would greatly apprittiate it

Hey, over here from the epic quest thread. I am probably DEFINITELY using this to clear the backlog. Here are the games I plan on hitting:

1. Ratchet and Clank: Up Your Arsenal
  2. Ratchet and Clank: A Crack in Time (haven't started yet)
  3. Ratchet and Clank: Into the Nexus (REALLY want to start)
  4. Kingdom Hearts Final Mix (Just started the first playthrough, am at Agrabah)
  5. Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix (Oh, the horrors of fightings Roxas on Critical Mode - I am doing all the tough battles like the Data XIII and Lingering Will on Beginneer only because doing them on Critical would cause me to bite my arm in frustration and probably end up in the hospital - and yes, you heard right, when I get REALLY mad, I bite my arm. :lol: I have been suppressing that instinct for a while but I think that explains why I am not constantly sick with allergies)
  6. Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep Final Mix (I managed to get the Crticial Competitor trophy over the past few months, all I really need to do to clean up is do the hard optional battles[again, on easy mode] and clear all those reports... You will know the evils of ICE CREAM BEAT when you have to get awesome scores on all the Master songs at least once. The only one I got Master good on was "It's a Small World." Wish me luck! :jaymon: )
  7. Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention (Well, this is going to be take forever.)
  8. Disgaea D2: A Brightter Darkness (Just need to get off my behind and build up a team that can defeat Baal and Pringer Z in LoC mode... *cries*)
  9. Disgaea 4: A Promise Revisited (When I manage to get off my butt and walk to the Gamestop to buy it...)
  10. And probably a cheap LEGO game (I managed to do well in those except LOTR - Isengard keeps taunting me. :( )

Wish me luck! I may change a few of these up, though. EDIT: Just bought a used copy of FFX Remastered - there is no X-2 as the clerk said it was a digital release only but I might look into that when I have enough money. The VIta carts are far cheaper than 3DS carts! I might swap out one of the games for this, even though FFX is a (bleep) to 100%. :)

Trust me I have plated Disgaea 3 and 4 on the vita and 3 took about 100 but 4 took like 200 because you have to get 1 of every item in the game. That trophy was a BITCH. You might want to reconsider some of them unless you can play 24/7 before the new year.

Edited by Fozzyabear
  • Like 3

Ys and preparations for SO4 are taking away all of my free time now, so I haven't made any signiificant progress... aside from getting greatly derailed by the recently bought Witch and the Hundred Knight (20%), so you might as well add it to the list. 

Lol, ok I'll add that game.

I've been using psnprofiles for ages now, but I never really visit the forums, let alone post in them!

Count me in! :)

I'm terrible for giving up on games half way through and leaving them for ages before I try and plat them, so this will be interesting.

There's a lot of games I lost my save files for a long time ago, so even though half the trophies are unlocked, they will require complete replays to unlock the rest :(

Games I'll add so far:

Sound Shapes (PS3) (93%)

Sound Shapes (Vita) (93%) (not using cross saves, so will complete this twice)

De Blob 2 (84% - but lost my saved games!)

GTA IV (42% - but lost my saved games!)

Guacamelee! (41%)

Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One (8%)

Lego Lord of the Rings (Vita) (2%)

Teslagrad (1%)

The Testament of Sherlock Holmes (0%)

Lego Harry Potter: Years 5-7 (Vita) (0%)

Nice, welcome to this event. I'll add you as participant #11, because pese decided to quit. That way I don't have to rearrange all the numberes in the Platinum Progress section :P.

Hey, over here from the epic quest thread. I am probably DEFINITELY using this to clear the backlog. Here are the games I plan on hitting:

1. Ratchet and Clank: Up Your Arsenal
  2. Ratchet and Clank: A Crack in Time (haven't started yet)
  3. Ratchet and Clank: Into the Nexus (REALLY want to start)
  4. Kingdom Hearts Final Mix (Just started the first playthrough, am at Agrabah)
  5. Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix (Oh, the horrors of fightings Roxas on Critical Mode - I am doing all the tough battles like the Data XIII and Lingering Will on Beginneer only because doing them on Critical would cause me to bite my arm in frustration and probably end up in the hospital - and yes, you heard right, when I get REALLY mad, I bite my arm. :lol: I have been suppressing that instinct for a while but I think that explains why I am not constantly sick with allergies)
  6. Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep Final Mix (I managed to get the Crticial Competitor trophy over the past few months, all I really need to do to clean up is do the hard optional battles[again, on easy mode] and clear all those reports... You will know the evils of ICE CREAM BEAT when you have to get awesome scores on all the Master songs at least once. The only one I got Master good on was "It's a Small World." Wish me luck! :jaymon: )
  7. Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention (Well, this is going to be take forever.)
  8. Disgaea D2: A Brightter Darkness (Just need to get off my behind and build up a team that can defeat Baal and Pringer Z in LoC mode... *cries*)
  9. Disgaea 4: A Promise Revisited (When I manage to get off my butt and walk to the Gamestop to buy it...)
  10. And probably a cheap LEGO game (I managed to do well in those except LOTR - Isengard keeps taunting me. :( )

Wish me luck! I may change a few of these up, though. EDIT: Just bought a used copy of FFX Remastered - there is no X-2 as the clerk said it was a digital release only but I might look into that when I have enough money. The VIta carts are far cheaper than 3DS carts! I might swap out one of the games for this, even though FFX is a (bleep) to 100%. :)

Ok, good luck.

Shift 2 97% ready for plat :)

King of the Hill is a pain in the ass but finally i got it...

And Update Uncharted to 90% :)

That will be ready a lot faster because its easier :D

Wow, i'm not the worst with 2 games already ready :blink:  :lol:

Nice, congrats :yay:

Had to pop Fallout New Vegas since I'm trading it in for a little more disposable income, so I'm back to 0 on ready to plat games.

That said, I've got some new games to add to the list

Steins;Gate - 17%

Dante's Infeno - 54%

The Bureau: XCOM Declassified - 47%

Ok, I'll delete it and add those games.

I wish I was participating, I had 4 plats prepared not so long ago.

You can join if you want, there is no limit to the amount of participants.

Sorry Dragon but I have to quit this event. "Unfortunately" the 31th I'll be at my gf home so I can't pop these plats. I feel a bit disappointed as its the 1st time quit an event :facepalm:

Well I hope you guys have a blast while going for your 10plats Good Luck!!

Sorry, you can't quit. You're stuck in here forever mwahahaha :devil:. Just kidding, I'll remove you from the participant list.

The more I look in on this event the more tempted I am to join although those of you in THL know my struggle with saving plats doods xD

You should join dood and I may consider not doing a THL takeover to plan a season start on January 1st :P.

Then you should join this event. So you can train your "saving platinum" skills. It'll be useful in future seasons i'm sure ^^

It would be funny if every THL participant in this event will save their plats during each season :lol:.

Well I finally have my first plat rdy guys.

Hyperdimension Neptunia Rebirth 3     98%  40/42

All I need is to unlock the 100 mil Trophy which is rdy all I have to do is sell my clothes! lol

And an update for Fallout 3    54%  44/73.

I'm considering changing one of my game to borderlands for the ps3. Only thing that concerns me is the online trophy that you get from playing with someone who already has it. If I load up that game on my list is there someone who would play a quick game with me that has the trophy? Would greatly apprittiate it

Awesome, congrats :yay:

• Like 2

I can give you a hand, however it doesn't even need to be boosted. I got it by joining a random game and the trophy will pop even before you have been put into the persons game. It's a common enough trophy so should be easy enough to get but give me a yell if you need a hand, can also help with the other co-op trophies if you need them.

Attention fellow participants, here are a few important announcements and other things:

• First of all, there are 2 new admins who will be helping out with this event. So please give it up for Kochiya-Shana and xZoneHunter :yay: :yay:. They have agreed to share the workload and help me out.
  • Some of you may have already seen the comment on the OP, but we're doing a cross-over event with the Let's Get the Pier Solar Plat event. Damon will allow people to keep 1 trophy unlocked as long as it's not the 2 trophies for completing the Eternal Slip mini-game. So if you're interested, check out the thread.
  • Don't forget to back up your save files after a plat is ready to pop. There's a lot that can happen between now and January 1st and the last thing you'd want is to do it all over again. If you have PS+ you can upload save files (even copy-protected ones) to Sony's cloud. To do that, go to the save file folder on the XMB (PS3), press :triangle:, and copy them to the cloud. On the PSVita go to data management and you can save a copy on the cloud.

After unlocking your plats on January 1st, you can post them here and also flood the Most Recent Platinum thread. When you post them here, please add the small platinum images too. That way you'll also be making our job easier, because we can just copy them and paste it on the OP. So for example, here's what I mean by small images:

1Se246c3.png1Seab94c.png1Sda31a7.png1S9014c1.png

After January 1st we will go through all the plats and find out who ranked first for the trophy categories and post some statistics. Wait, what? Categories?? Statistics??? Yeah, that's another new part of this event. We're going to add categories for things like most unlocked plats, largest variety in plats, rarest plat, etc. If anyone can think up more categories or statistics, feel free to post them here. So far these are the categories and statistics we're doing:

Categories

• Most platinums unlocked
  • Most Ultra Rare platinums unlocked
  • Most Common platinums unlocked
  • Largest variety in platinums
  • Least variety in platinums
  • Rarest platinum unlocked
  • Best platinum image unlocked
The best platinum image will be decided by the community with a poll, so come back and visit this thread after January 1st to vote.

Statistics

• Total plats unlocked
  • Most unlocked plat
  • Most played game genre

Finally, the original idea was to hold this event only once, but I was wondering if people would like this to keep going. Let me know what you think about that.

Loving the plat images you used for the example. Why not make this a yearly thing? ^_^

Finally, the original idea was to hold this event only once, but I was wondering if people would like this to keep going. Let me know what you think about that.

I think this event should be an annual thing but maybe not on a day like the 1st january or the 25th dicember as some people like me might not be able to join. We should use a day of the year and make it official maybe? Like for example 21th May is the official Platinday. Just ideas.. i hope it will be like that so i'll be able to join next time!

You know what fuck it, I'm going to join in doods! I'm going to try to pop 10 UR plats on Jan 1st though and I'm joining because I want to not because I was scared of some Dragon's potential takeover attempt that would clearly fail :P Here are the 10 I'll try for:

1. Zombie Tycoon 2: Brainhov's Revenge- 32% (17/37) 
  2. LittlebigPlanet Vita- 54% (34/47)
  3. ModNation Racers: Roadtrip- 55% (27/47)
  4. Worms Revolution- 45% (16/29)
  5. Hungry Horde- 10% (7/43)
  6. Marvel vs Capcom 3- 59% (34/47)
  7. Sonic & All Stars Racing Transformed- 18% (12/51)
  8. NAtURAL DOCtRINE- 40% (15/46)
  9. Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines- 7% (5/48)
  10. Titan Souls- 0%
Some of these have dlc trophies but I only listed the trophy amounts for the base game since dlc arent need for the plat dood

You certainly know how to make your entrée. 10 URs? :o Good luck!

• Like 1

I think this event should be an annual thing but maybe not on a day like the 1st january or the 25th dicember as some people like me might not be able to join. We should use a day of the year and make it official maybe? Like for example 21th May is the official Platinday. Just ideas.. i hope it will be like that so i'll be able to join next time!

I don't think a lot of people can wait a year to pop their plats. If this continues, I'll most likely use another 3 months cycle.

You know what fuck it, I'm going to join in doods! I'm going to try to pop 10 UR plats on Jan 1st though and I'm joining because I want to not because I was scared of some Dragon's potential takeover attempt that would clearly fail :P Here are the 10 I'll try for:

1. Zombie Tycoon 2: Brainhov's Revenge- 32% (17/37) 
  2. LittlebigPlanet Vita- 54% (34/47)
  3. ModNation Racers: Roadtrip- 55% (27/47)
  4. Worms Revolution- 45% (16/29)
  5. Hungry Horde- 10% (7/43)
  6. Marvel vs Capcom 3- 59% (34/47)
  7. Sonic & All Stars Racing Transformed- 18% (12/51)
  8. NAtURAL DOCtRINE- 40% (15/46)
  9. Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines- 7% (5/48)
  10. Titan Souls- 0%
Some of these have dlc trophies but I only listed the trophy amounts for the base game since dlc arent need for the plat dood

Woohoo, the Dood himself joins :dance:. The takeover would fail? Now I really want to test that statement out :awesome:.

That's an impressive list, good luck with that dood. Yeah DLC aren't required for this event.

• Like 1

You certainly know how to make your entrée. 10 URs? :o Good luck!

Yeah I figured I would try something a little different dood (not sure if someone else is already doing this on this thread since I was too lazy to read back over it xD )

I don't think a lot of people can wait a year to pop their plats. If this continues, I'll most likely use another 3 months cycle.

Woohoo, the Dood himself joins :dance:. The takeover would fail? Now I really want to test that statement out :awesome:.

That's an impressive list, good luck with that dood. Yeah DLC aren't required for this event.

Oh yeah it would fail miserably dood :P 

I'm impressed by the growing scope of the event. 

If its going to be every year, my older consoles will murder me be very upset for the lack of attention. 

Me too, I never thought so many people would join. I;m hoping everyone will see it through to the end. Lol, which consoles are that?

Yeah I figured I would try something a little different dood (not sure if someone else is already doing this on this thread since I was too lazy to read back over it xD )

Oh yeah it would fail miserably dood :P

I'll give you a tl;dr version dood: the idea came from this thread: https://psnprofiles.com/forums/topic/30843-is-this-possible-150-platinum-trophys-earned-on-the-same-day/.

I'm not so sure about that dood. Prinnies are walking bombs that can easily be ignited by say a dragon's fire breath :P.

Me too, I never thought so many people would join. I;m hoping everyone will see it through to the end. Lol, which consoles are that?

PS1, PS2, PSP, GameCube and Wii. I plan to get a 3DS at some point (maybe next year), but I'm not sure I'll be able to handle the flood of games from the DS/3DS library. There is so many dimensions to visit and Guidings to perform, my head is spinning.

(Not to mention that now I'm covered in so many papers, my wings are barely sticking out. Because SO4. I'll need to ask for reformatting and condensing again.) 

I'll give you a tl;dr version dood: the idea came from this thread: https://psnprofiles.com/forums/topic/30843-is-this-possible-150-platinum-trophys-earned-on-the-same-day/.

I'm not so sure about that dood. Prinnies are walking bombs that can easily be ignited by say a dragon's fire breath :P.

lol no I meant I wasn't sure if anyone else was only popping UR plats on Jan 1st dood. As for your fire breath, my prinny scarf prevents me from exploding dood B)

lol no I meant I wasn't sure if anyone else was only popping UR plats on Jan 1st dood. As for your fire breath, my prinny scarf prevents me from exploding dood B)

Noooooo noooo-onion-head-emoticon.gif?1292862514, not the scarf dood. Those things are way too overpowered. Now I have to hire a scarf-eating monster.

Edited by Dragon-Archon

Yeah i'll give this a shot, for me it'll likely be:

1. Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain - 72%

2. Jojo's Bizzare Adventure: All Star Battle - 0%

3. Game Of Thrones (TT) - 37%

4. Tales From The Borderlands - 28%

5. Danganronpa: Another Episode - 97% (Ready)

6. Life Is Strange - 0%

7. Steins Gate - 0%

8. Fallout 4 - 0%

9. Call Of Duty Black Ops 3 - 0%

10. Need For Speed - 0%

Some of those games might be more trouble than i'm anticipating, so i'm throwing the following games in as back ups:

11. Lego Batman 2: DC Super Heroes - 8%

12. Wasteland 2: Directors Cut (Assuming it gets a plat)

13. Rock Band 4 - 0%

14. Trackmania Turbo - 0%

15. Just Cause 3 - 0%

16. Smart As - 82%

Mixture of genres and difficulties, hopefully i get at least 10 :D

Edited by khvivi