Platinum Rain Day - Ended

Update: 2/10 plats ready (3rd should be later today sometime) I've changed some of my games again so here's the new list.

• Rocket League 34/36 (98%) Ready to plat
  • Lego Ninjago: Nindroids 36/38 (98%) Ready to plat
  • Bioshock Infinite 46/51 (83%)
  • God of War 2 31/35 (80%)
  • The Sims 3 34/51 (57%)
  • Star Ocean 30/47 (52%)
  • God of War Ascension 24/36 (51%)
  • Hunted: The Demon's Forge 18/51 (26%)
  • Metal Gear Solid 3 17/46 (24%)
  • Sound Shapes x3 (0%)
  • Teslagrad (0%)
  • Like 2

That SO4 entry though. I'm sure everyone who gets that plat between 1&3 jan will get a special mention from D-A xD

I expect him to go all out like the Oscars. Red carpet, ice sculpters, A-list Celebrities, TV coverage, my name in lights and of course my Diamond award. I also expect expensive goodie bags for everyone who attends the after party and they damn well better have some of Reimi's cookies in them.  :D

• Like 3

Hmm, I'd be tempted to give this a shot, but really don't think I could find the time to blast through so many games within the time remaining.  If I didn't have commissions to do for people, then maybe I could do it - but I do, so I (probably) can't. :P

If I did though, here's what I'd probably aim for:

L.A. Noire - 17/41 (18%)

Little Big Planet 2 - 43/47 (50%)

Dead Nation - 28/35 (55%)

Frozen Synapse Prime - 26/30 (87%)

inFamous - 24/50 (44%)

Worms Revolution - 27/29 (82%)

God Of War II - 0/35 (0%)

God Of War: Ghost of Sparta - 0/36 (0%)

ICO - 0/16 (0%)

SoulCalibur II HD - 0/30 (0%)

Again, I can't see me doing it, but what the hell, I'll do what I can. :)

I have never played SO4 so i have no idea how far/close you are to the plat. But those are a lot of entries though :o

Well to put it into perspective. I need 30000 kills with both Edge and Arumat, I haven't got the 15000 kill trophy for Edge yet...and I have over 250 hours on my main game. I don't have the 1000 kill trophy for Arumat either.

Each character needs 255 rare drops. This takes about 25 hours to complete for each character...I have done 3 out of 8 so far.

So yeah...:|

• Like 1

Maybe someone will do 11 UR's then? :o

That's definitely possible.

Update: 2/10 plats ready (3rd should be later today sometime) I've changed some of my games again so here's the new list.

• Rocket League 34/36 (98%) Ready to plat
  • Lego Ninjago: Nindroids 36/38 (98%) Ready to plat
  • Bioshock Infinite 46/51 (83%)
  • God of War 2 31/35 (80%)
  • The Sims 3 34/51 (57%)
  • Star Ocean 30/47 (52%)
  • God of War Ascension 24/36 (51%)
  • Hunted: The Demon's Forge 18/51 (26%)
  • Metal Gear Solid 3 17/46 (24%)
  • Sound Shapes x3 (0%)
  • Teslagrad (0%)

Awesome, congrats :yay:. I'll update the list and good luck with SO4.

That SO4 entry though. I'm sure everyone who gets that plat between 1&3 jan will get a special mention from D-A xD

I expect him to go all out like the Oscars. Red carpet, ice sculpters, A-list Celebrities, TV coverage, my name in lights and of course my Diamond award. I also expect expensive goodie bags for everyone who attends the after party and they damn well better have some of Reimi's cookies in them.  :D

*Takes notes* Those are great suggestions, I've added them to the To Do List. I was planning to host the event in my lair and already hired a crew to set up some lights in the treasure room. The treasure reflects those lights and the effect is really stunning. Already asked Reimi to bake her famous cookies, but Chie, Rise, and Yukiko overheard it and also voluntered to cook stuff. Now I have to find a way to get rid of their Mystery Food X *shudders*. Also setting up a dance floor in the lounge room and a bar near the pool. Some reporters for a magazine also expressed interest in writing an article. This is going to be the party of the century, now all that's left is to get the SO4 plat.

Hmm, I'd be tempted to give this a shot, but really don't think I could find the time to blast through so many games within the time remaining.  If I didn't have commissions to do for people, then maybe I could do it - but I do, so I (probably) can't. :P

If I did though, here's what I'd probably aim for:

L.A. Noire - 17/41 (18%)

Little Big Planet 2 - 43/47 (50%)

Dead Nation - 28/35 (55%)

Frozen Synapse Prime - 26/30 (87%)

inFamous - 24/50 (44%)

Worms Revolution - 27/29 (82%)

God Of War II - 0/35 (0%)

God Of War: Ghost of Sparta - 0/36 (0%)

ICO - 0/16 (0%)

SoulCalibur II HD - 0/30 (0%)

Again, I can't see me doing it, but what the hell, I'll do what I can. :)

Awesome, welcome to the event :highfive:. I've added you as participant #26, because that spot was still vacant for a while.

Metal Gear Online really distracting me from this a bit :D / :(

But plat 2 ready: Smart As...

Nicely done :yay:.

Well to put it into perspective. I need 30000 kills with both Edge and Arumat, I haven't got the 15000 kill trophy for Edge yet...and I have over 250 hours on my main game. I don't have the 1000 kill trophy for Arumat either.

Each character needs 255 rare drops. This takes about 25 hours to complete for each character...I have done 3 out of 8 so far.

So yeah... :|

Only Bacchus and Meracle take around 25 hours for the drops. The other 6 can be done much faster in 5-7 hours in the postgame dungeons.

Another quick update:

Goat Simulator PS3: 29/31 or 98% - Ready to Plat (Please replace Arkham Knight with this)

LEGO The Hobbit: 11/40 or 16% (Finished the first movie in Story Mode, took a quick break from the second to go to Dol Guldur early)

Congrats :yay:, I'll add it to the OP.

Edited by Dragon-Archon
  • Like 2

almost04.jpg

LEGO Batman 2: DC Superheroes for the Vita is in my Platinum Rain box as game #4, waiting patiently until New Year's Day 2016. I was a bit lazy but thanks to the PlaystationTrophies collectible guide, I was able to gold-rank all the Justice League battles. Those were horrible. -_-

I see that the R&C Project Platinum is now out. I'd like to do a crossover with that since I have one Ratchet and Clank on the list so far. I can probably get near-plat on Crack in Time and Into the Nexus before Thanksgiving. ^_^

EDIT

rayman.jpg

So I spent my $10 quid on the Vita port of Rayman Origins because I was informed that it wouldn't take too long. I'm not taking any games off the list yet - if I can get them to near-plat before December, I'll just add this to the list as an extra. This is just back-up. I've seen the Runaway Guys play the Wii version of this on their channel and it was LOLZ all around. ^_^

EDIT 2: Sorry, found out it was the XBOX360 version of the game, because in one video they get the Milk Tooth achievement. My bad.

Edited by Maphantom238
  • Like 1

Update!

Witch and the Hundred Knight - 91% (Plat ready)

Game crashed only seven times during all 60 hours of playtime. 

Awesome :yay:.

almost04.jpg

LEGO Batman 2: DC Superheroes for the Vita is in my Platinum Rain box as game #4, waiting patiently until New Year's Day 2016. I was a bit lazy but thanks to the PlaystationTrophies collectible guide, I was able to gold-rank all the Justice League battles. Those were horrible. -_-

I see that the R&C Project Platinum is now out. I'd like to do a crossover with that since I have one Ratchet and Clank on the list so far. I can probably get near-plat on Crack in Time and Into the Nexus before Thanksgiving. ^_^

Congrats :yay:.

That's a great plan :D.

What happens if I dont get 10 plats ready to unlock in time?

Dragon kidnaps you to his lair, steals all your platinums, and you are never seen again. Plus you lose some street cred and cool points on PSNP.

Seriously though, nothing. It's just for fun.

Edited by MStalker58
  • Like 2

Dragon kidnaps you to his lair, steals all your platinums, and you are never seen again. Plus you lose some street cred and cool points on PSNP.

Seriously though, nothing. It's just for fun.

Alright, Then I'll join!!

I have no plats ready right now btw

Interesting :hmm:, I like this idea. From now on this is the official punishment for those who can't pop at least 10 plats :devil:.

Alright, Then I'll join!!

I have no plats ready right now btw

Awesome, I'll add you.

• Like 2

Well, you'd better get some, you have 2.8 months. :lol:

Anyways, whoever suggested Rayman Origins needs to be punched. J/K, but man, I have failed to get the medals in the stages - getting the required Lums is impossible right now as I have to be Superman to get a chain of King Lum and then a chain of Lums to double my score. I did at least get the Milk Tooth Trophy after three tries. I will try to get the last Lum in Punching Plateaus(I need to collect 300 Lums which is difficult at best) and then head over to Diggerdoo Desert and continue the story. In the meantime, I will spend tonight trying for some more Kingdom Hearts trophies. Plan on starting my first Easy Mode playthrough in Birth by Sleep Final Mix on 2.5 to get the first Adventurer Trophy. Wish me luck! :(

Interesting :hmm:, I like this idea. From now on this is the official punishment for those who can't pop at least 10 plats :devil:.

Thanks a lot, MStalker58. The LAST thing we needed was you encouraging a dragon with words like that! Now I have to get six more near-plats! :o:shakefist:

Edited by Maphantom238
  • Like 2

A quick reminder for everyone to back up their saves.  I got the YLOD while playing LA Noire for my 7th Plat.  Small setback, but I may have to change out a game or two depending on if I can fix it or not.

Man that sucks, let me know what happens. I just hope people read the entire first post for the back up notice.

Alrighty then time for a update. First sorcery saga im currently upgrading the weapons tier which aint bad but damn its a bored. Then Kingdom Hearts II im  trying to get around lv 85-90 so i can deal with the boss battles. Thats the fun part. Next is monster monopiece im boosting with a friend but only on weekends because thats the only free time we could both get. The story mode will be done later. Lastly there are other games but i just want to focus the main games. Plus I havent prepare the cross save games yet so yeah.. no plats ready.. =(   .. for now. 

1. Sorcery Saga: Curse of the Great Curry God [54% - 25/34]

2. KINGDOM HEARTS II FINAL MIX [38% - 24/51]

3. Monster Monopiece [41% - 23/51]

4. ???

5. ???

6. ???

7. ???

8. ???

9. ???

10. ???

Alrighty then time for a update. First sorcery saga im currently upgrading the weapons tier which aint bad but damn its a bored. Then Kingdom Hearts II im  trying to get around lv 85-90 so i can deal with the boss battles. Thats the fun part. Next is monster monopiece im boosting with a friend but only on weekends because thats the only free time we could both get. The story mode will be done later. Lastly there are other games but i just want to focus the main games. Plus I havent prepare the cross save games yet so yeah.. no plats ready.. =(   .. for now. 

1. Sorcery Saga: Curse of the Great Curry God [54% - 25/34]

2. KINGDOM HEARTS II FINAL MIX [38% - 24/51]

3. Monster Monopiece [41% - 23/51]

4. ???

5. ???

6. ???

7. ???

8. ???

9. ???

10. ???

Ok, I'll add it to the OP.