Platinum Rain Day - Ended

Hey would anyone be willing to do Dead Island Riptide as a Plat Rain platinum? It is 5 bucks on the PSN sale now  and you need a Co-Op partner so I figured 2 of us could work together and get another Platinum for the January Deluge :)

I would be willing to play this with you and do it for this event but only if you have a mic. It's to hard playing games with people and having to type while doing it. So if you got a mic so we can talk while we play then count me in! Let me know before the sale ends so I know wether to buy it or not. Send me a fr.

I'm in the mood to try some new games and this is one that I probably wouldn't normally buy so I might be interested. I would like to do a little more research and think about it before deciding though. I try not to put too much stock in reviews but some of these scores and reports of bugs/glitches aren't really encouraging at first glance.

I have a couple of questions. Have you ever played any of the Dead Island games? I haven't so if you are looking for an experienced partner who has any idea what they are doing then I'm probably not the person for this. Also, I don't have a mic so I'd probably have to use chat to communicate. If either of these are deal breakers just let me know. If anyone else volunteers and really wants to play the game let me know as well since that will make my decision easy.

I've never played any of the DI games before but I have the Borderlands, Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas plats so it can't be much different :P

I do have a mic so that will work with you Fozzy, Stalker if you end up getting it let me know but no pressure.

I was thinking of beating it on single player first and not doing the side missions in Co-Op (less chance of glitching then) so not looking to co-op ASAP but good to know there are people interested :)

I would be willing to play this with you and do it for this event but only if you have a mic. It's to hard playing games with people and having to type while doing it. So if you got a mic so we can talk while we play then count me in! Let me know before the sale ends so I know wether to buy it or not. Send me a fr.

not doing the side missions in Co-Op (less chance of glitching then) so not looking to co-op ASAP but good to know there are people interested :)

Only mission that glitches is for saving a whore on the second town. You can chapter select complete that really quick post game, your trophy progress is saved on the settings, not on the character, very much like Hitman: Absolution. Also, people on .org pinned down the glitched collectibles, mine was one 8bythebitch on a bench next to the sea in the second town (henderson?). You can keep track of what you are missing through the trophies tab as well, easier to pin down whatever failed to be tracked.

I've never played any of the DI games before but I have the Borderlands, Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas plats so it can't be much different :P

I do have a mic so that will work with you Fozzy, Stalker if you end up getting it let me know but no pressure.

I was thinking of beating it on single player first and not doing the side missions in Co-Op (less chance of glitching then) so not looking to co-op ASAP but good to know there are people interested :)

I would honestly try and play co-op through the whole thing and get it over in one go. It's not a bad game but it does have a lot of irritating flaws. As Yuri said make sure you keep track of your collectibles as mine glitched and I had to play 75% of it over just for 1 missing one!!! Edited by freddie1989

I would honestly try and play co-op through the whole thing and get it over in one go. It's not a bad game but it does have a lot of irritating flaws. As Yuri said make sure you keep track of your collectibles as mine glitched and I had to play 75% of it over just for 1 missing one!!!

Yeah? Ok if that is better. What happens if my partner picks up a collectible does that carry over to my game...even if I play single after that?

Cool, Fozzy can do it if he wants. He has a mic which would make things a lot easier. If he decides not to do it or something, let me know before the sale ends and I'll pick it up. Need to get Catherine in that sale anyways. If not, I'll probably pass.

When I was looking into the game, I had the same idea of playing solo first and then running through the main missions in coop later. Then again I'm not a huge fan of coop and MP. Good luck with it and just let me know if Fozzy changes his mind.

Edited by MStalker58
  • Like 1

Yeah? Ok if that is better. What happens if my partner picks up a collectible does that carry over to my game...even if I play single after that?

You're talking about Riptide, right? Well, in coop nobody should pick up any collectibles, mainly because they can glitch on you and you wont know which one was it. Best is to leave it for SP run.

So, to answer your question, no, if your partner picks up a collectible it will save only on his game...

You're talking about Riptide, right? Well, in coop nobody should pick up any collectibles, mainly because they can glitch on you and you wont know which one was it. Best is to leave it for SP run.

So, to answer your question, no, if your partner picks up a collectible it will save only on his game...

So then that means I SHOULD do a single player run through first...very confusing game for 5 dollars :(

So then that means I SHOULD do a single player run through first...very confusing game for 5 dollars :(

Game is kinda glitchy, but It really doesn't matter what will you play first, just remember to not pick up any collectibles in coop.

I played coop first.

I would honestly try and play co-op through the whole thing and get it over in one go. It's not a bad game but it does have a lot of irritating flaws. As Yuri said make sure you keep track of your collectibles as mine glitched and I had to play 75% of it over just for 1 missing one!!!

Game is kinda glitchy, but It really doesn't matter what will you play first, just remember to not pick up any collectibles in coop.

I played coop first.

Whyfire is right, it doesn't matter what you play first. Collectibles will glitch the same way, regardless of SP or coop. I HIGHLY recommend both playing in coop the first run so you don't need to do a second. Then dupe the shit out of painkillers and keep delivering that shit to the guy on the first village, it's an endless quest, so keep at it until you hit 70. Takes longer to dupe the PK than to level up using this method, but then you are easily shoving 10h off the platinum. I gave Floriiss the modded weapons I had, see if you can get them from him and enable rape-mode (if you fancy doing that tho, I did and the game got 100 times more fun).

If you are smart about your collectibles, you shouldn't have trouble finding the one who glitched to you. Before picking up a collectible, check the trophy progression. If the progression don't go up when you pick that one up, it glitched on you.* Mine was an Island Guide IIRC. Could have been easiert to pinpoint which if I had paid more attention to the thread I mentioned before, but I wasn't that smart by then.

*highly recommend that you do this in coop and ANNOUNCE for your partner so both can pick it up. the collectible will glitch for both, if they do, so you both can search the same glitched POS on another run together. CH Select is your best friend, you do that with new game > choose same character you used before > chapter 13 (?), you should have the whole map unlocked then, but no weapons. Here is where your partner comes useful since you gonna be a piece of shit with those crap weapons.

• Like 1

Whyfire is right, it doesn't matter what you play first. Collectibles will glitch the same way, regardless of SP or coop. I HIGHLY recommend both playing in coop the first run so you don't need to do a second. Then dupe the shit out of painkillers and keep delivering that shit to the guy on the first village, it's an endless quest, so keep at it until you hit 70. Takes longer to dupe the PK than to level up using this method, but then you are easily shoving 10h off the platinum. I gave Floriiss the modded weapons I had, see if you can get them from him and enable rape-mode (if you fancy doing that tho, I did and the game got 100 times more fun).

If you are smart about your collectibles, you shouldn't have trouble finding the one who glitched to you. Before picking up a collectible, check the trophy progression. If the progression don't go up when you pick that one up, it glitched on you.* Mine was an Island Guide IIRC. Could have been easiert to pinpoint which if I had paid more attention to the thread I mentioned before, but I wasn't that smart by then.

*highly recommend that you do this in coop and ANNOUNCE for your partner so both can pick it up. the collectible will glitch for both, if they do, so you both can search the same glitched POS on another run together. CH Select is your best friend, you do that with new game > choose same character you used before > chapter 13 (?), you should have the whole map unlocked then, but no weapons. Here is where your partner comes useful since you gonna be a piece of shit with those crap weapons.

So...are you saying it is a glitchy game ^_^

Lol sounds like a lot of work for a game but I'm in. Anyways let me know when you want to do the co op. And an update. Got my 10th plat rdy but I'm going for title of the most plats so I'ma keep on truckin.

Life Is Strange (PS4)  -  96%   58/61    Just left the 1 photo       Got to say this game was AMAZING!!!!!!!!!

God of War III  (PS3)   - 7%   5/36   This will be the game I work on next

• Like 2

:platinum: 5/10

L78d059.png

Last Trophy: Cleaned Out

Buy all the items in the shop. Just need to buy the last respawn boost upgrade.

Absolutely loved the game. This one will definitely be a contender for the Mayus' Year End Awards. I've played some great games recently so it will have some stiff competition but I'm sure that Guacamelee! will make an appearance somewhere. There were a few challenging parts including beating Jaguar Javier on Hard and obtaining those damn orbs in Tule Tree and Sierra Morena. My platforming skills must be rusty because I struggled through several attempts in those sections. I'm sure that most people have played this game by now, especially since it has been free on PS+ before, but if for some reason you haven't, I would definitely recommend giving it a try. 

1. Darksiders II - 48/50 (98%)

2. Okami HD - 49/51 (98%)

3. 3D Dot Game Heroes - 49/51 (98%) UR

4. Just Cause 2 - 49/51 (98%)

5. Guacamelee! - 46/48 (97%)

6. Deus Ex: Human Revolution - 0%

7. Rogue Legacy - 0%

8. Hotline Miami - 0%

9. The Wolf Among Us - 0%

10. Sleeping Dogs - 0%

• Like 3

This is what I was trying to say lol

Yes. Is it Jan 1st or still Jan 3rd for you? Time to pop all of them. regardless of what time is it for the rest of the people.

well, if someone from NZ or australia starts popping them in the morning, it could very well still be 31.12. for most people! :)

well, if someone from NZ or australia starts popping them in the morning, it could very well still be 31.12. for most people! :)

Not just Australia and New Zealand have the earlier start and it doesn't matter it goes by the timezone you are in to when you start not anybody else's since if we were to force a timezone it puts others at a disadvantage to use the time as well as others.

I can attest from experience(I have played LEGO Batman 2 and 3 for both home console and Vita, LEGO Chima, and am now going through LEGO Indiana Jones 2) that they ARE very fun to play... unless you hate collectibles. But then again, you shouldn't hate collectibles if you are trophy hunting as 90% of all games with trophy support have at least one trophy requiring you to collect 100% of an item. ;)

If i managed to go through Dragonball Xenoverse drops, i can surely stand some collectibles! Thanks alot, i'll search ebay for some cheap copies!  :highfive:

That's exactly what I was trying to say. This is not a competition, it's a community event. If you reached the requested date, you can start popping your plats already, the point here is to participate, not to win.

That being said, I'll rekt man with the wdjat regardless.

Hi there I'm from New Zealand. I plan on having all my plats popped long before the rest of the world sees the New Year ;) . Of course as Kochiya Shana says, it's your timezone that matters. My only advantage is I can post all my plats first.