Is there a way to pull a list of names from the site?

Then it is in the leaderboards ^_^

Then I have to sift through thousands of names. My point is that I want to pull the data from that list so I can use it in a spreadsheet and find the number of people in common on all the lists. If I can't do that, then to do what I want I would have to go through every single name on all five lists and see if I can find the commons ones myself which is both tedious and far less reliable.

Well that's... unusual, but like zorry777 said, there's the leaderboard. You'd have to go page by page and check each person's profile (each page has 50 people) to see if they did plat each game of a series. Not sure why you'd want to do that though, it's tedious and may be considered stalker-ish.

If you want to meet people who plat'd every game of a series you like, why not make a thread about it?  :)

• Like 1

For what purposes are you wishing to extrapolate the data for?  I understand you wish to find the commonality, but then what?  

As far as I know, there is no function that allows you to export the data from here.  It would be a very manual driven process of popping on to each leader board and copying the data onto a spreadsheet and manipulating that into a workable format.

If there is a particular series that you are interested in, why not start a topic in the forums and see who responds?  There is something similar set up for Hyper Dimension fans.

Also, their series list in general is kind of screwy. For example, Sonic and Sonic Racing are two different series, and only one platform of Sonic All Stars Racing Transformed is counted.

But it's probably better than nothing.

It only counts 1 platform per title by default but there's a setting that changes that in "Site Settings" and then the "Series" section.

• Like 1

For what purposes are you wishing to extrapolate the data for?  I understand you wish to find the commonality, but then what?  

As far as I know, there is no function that allows you to export the data from here.  It would be a very manual driven process of popping on to each leader board and copying the data onto a spreadsheet and manipulating that into a workable format.

If there is a particular series that you are interested in, why not start a topic in the forums and see who responds?  There is something similar set up for Hyper Dimension fans.

I don't really plan to do anything with it, i just want to know how many other people have all 5 Tales platinums. Some of them the total number of platinum achievers is below 200, I can't think there would be that many that had all of them. I'd just like to know exactly how low that number is.

It only counts 1 platform per title by default but there's a setting that changes that in "Site Settings" and then the "Series" section.

Oh, I see, I never noticed that. Thanks

Although in Sonic Racing's case, it still only shows the PS3 version after changing the setting. Unless I just need to wait for it to kick in

EDIT: It seems my original post disappeared for some reason. Just so people know what we're talking about, I originally linked to a site which does keep track of series completion. There's nothing in the rules which states that is not allowed, so I've updated this post to clear up any confusion.

Edited by Shadiochao

@OP - That seems like an odd request. I'm assuming you only want to find games in common amongst people on this site since the site probably only tracks around 10% of PlayStation gamers (just based on PS4 sales figures compared to gamers tracked here).

Oh, I see, I never noticed that. Thanks
Although in Sonic Racing's case, it still only shows the PS3 version after changing the setting. Unless I just need to wait for it to kick in

You're welcome. From what I understand of that they had to do it all by hand so some might have slipped through the cracks. I just posted about that one in a topic over on TT so hopefully they'll get it added soon.

I don't really plan to do anything with it, i just want to know how many other people have all 5 Tales platinums. Some of them the total number of platinum achievers is below 200, I can't think there would be that many that had all of them. I'd just like to know exactly how low that number is.

Keep in mind thats just on this site. Not all psn ids are tracked unless they are added. Just start a thread or something. Tons of tales fans frequent the forums. Theres even a group that were doing Vesperia in japanese.

Only 5? Where is the remaining one? =D

Graces, Xillia, Xillia 2, Symphonia, Symphonia DotNW, Hearts R.

I see 6 :D

(And I'm not even counting Zestria, Vesperia and Innocence =D)

• Like 1

I don't have a Vita, I'm just talking the 5 on PS3.

There are 8 PS3 Tales lists

0shYITy.png

This is where the problem with tracking a series comes in. To me, a series isn't complete if you haven't gotten every list completed - and, well, there are double lists.

And then you have game series like Lara Croft that people don't bother referring to as a separate series and instead consider them Tomb Raider games (even though they really aren't.)

And then you have one-off titles like Bentley's Hackpack. Is that a part of the Sly series?

Things like grouping games together into a series is pretty subjective.

• Like 1