Do you like donating plasma?

PaulKnightZexx

The topic should have been named "have you ever donated plasma?" and the post should have contained "if so, how did you feel about it?" because the way it is right now, it assumes everyone did donate plasma already what is something that the vast majority of us never did.

I tried to donate blood for people in hospitals and shit, but one of the requirements are to only have sex with 1 person tops over the span of an entire year and I never managed to do that. I almost spent one year recently with the same chick, but we broke up on the 11th month and I didn't manage to wait a whole month to donate my blood, as much as I wanted. I don't feel bad about it though, I'm A+, the most common type of blood, so my donation wouldn't matter as much as an AB- per example.

Edited by TheYuriG
  • Like 2

I've never done it, and to be honest, I don't plan to. Having blood drawn for doctors is bad enough, I couldn't sit there and willingly do it, even if it is for transfusions.

I fucking hate plasma transfusions, do me a personal favor and don't donate so I can;

A ) Die before I'm 30

B ) Save the pain of getting stabbed in the neck with some massive needle so they can do the transfusion

I never thought about the receiving end of it, but that sounds awful.

I never thought about the receiving end of it, but that sounds awful.

I'll use spoiler tags for the more nervous end of the forums, but this is the way I recieved plasma - though that's not me in the image:

4.jpg

I'm not entirely sure if there's any other method, but god knows I was scared because I sleep on my side with the side of my face against my shoulder, I thought I'd knock it out of position ; w ;

When I worked for Blockbuster I thought "man it would be great if we as a company did some cool stuff for the community" So I helped organize a company wide blood drive. People were all excited about it and I had 3 staff from my store that were going to go.

When we showed up at the clinic...it was just the 4 of us :( No one else from the company came. "Well" I thought "at least my store will give a good effort and we will help people out today. WELL I just had my wisdom teeth out a week before and I was on Penicillin so I couldn't give blood. When I told everyone I couldn't give blood because you couldn't be on any drugs one of my employees pulled me aside and whispered to me "Sean, I don't think I can do this" and I said why? "Because I snorted Cocaine this weekend" (which led to her not giving blood but us getting her into treatment) and finally my other employee couldn't give blood because her blood pressure was through the roof and they couldn't take it.

So in the end Mike was the only one out of the entire City of Winnipeg Blockbuster employees who actually gave blood ^_^

Soooooooooooooooooooooo...that is my story :)

• Like 2

No. I don't like donating plasma. I've never donated (and probably won't). Not because I don't want to help others, but because I always think those needles could be filled with germs, bacteria, viruses or something unknown (like parasites or other microorganisms).

No. I don't like donating plasma. I've never donated (and probably won't). Not because I don't want to help others, but because I always think those needles could be filled with germs, bacteria, viruses or something unknow(like parasites or other microorganisms).

You do realise that legally all the needles need to be sterilised so there's no way they could have that kind of shit on them?

Why the pointless bold text?

Gotta admit before this thread I didn't even know about this plasma thing...I thought it was just a kind of TV :facepalm:

Who me?

Here's a link to Wikipedia (Note: It's a disambiguation page): https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plasma

Plasma is also a state of matter (as in solid, liquid, gas and plasma). Here's another Wikipedia article about the subject: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plasma_(physics)